An open post to Oneplus Customer Service

1. tjb50
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 26, 2015

tjb50 , Jun 26, 2015 :
    No, that's the final step. Probably flash it with Oxygen and ask you to check it again. RMA will follow. They will pay shipping both ways at least. They'll arrange pickup, once received and checked, they'll send you a replacement. I just went this this exact issue.patience, and have a backup used phone.;)

armmani2001 likes this.
  2. anuragv992
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2015

anuragv992 , Jun 26, 2015 :
    hi. i'm an indian presently on vaction in canada. if i buy the OPO here, what drawbacks will i face when i use the phone in india? for eg: adaptor compatibility, warranty issues, repair issues,etc.
    Any help is appreciated.

3. armmani2001
    KitKat Jun 26, 2015

armmani2001 , Jun 26, 2015 :
    Yeah my manager is gonna give me an i Phone 5s for the time being, not too bad :p Thanks man! I have the Bamboo cover should i take it off before sending back :D

4. ConEP
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2015

ConEP , Jun 26, 2015 :
    Their support is utterly horrible received my phone and having to RMA it after one day, frustrating experience to say the least.

5. Jac_Q

Jac_Q , Jun 26, 2015 :
    Open a new thread for this. It has nothing to do with customer support.

6. tjb50

tjb50 , Jun 26, 2015 :

YES! Send them nothing but the original phone, place the stock back, back on it..

Did you already upload several pictures to them? I had to do that, they require a picture with the back off anyway.

BTW, iPhones use different sims than Oneplus..if you want to keep your number while waiting that is.

armmani2001 likes this.
  7. gswanso2
    Eclair Jun 26, 2015

8. Enyalius
    Jelly Bean Jun 26, 2015

Enyalius , Jun 26, 2015 :
    I've heard these stories before and I'm so lucky there's nothing wrong with my phone that I need OP help with. Good luck though!

9. armmani2001
    KitKat Jun 26, 2015

No I sent them pictures with the back on! They did not ask me to remove the cover... damn! I'll take more shots with the back cover off then before sending it back

10. tjb50

tjb50 , Jun 26, 2015 :

Let's them see if there is water damage..

Best to do so to cover you own butt anyway.

armmani2001 likes this.
  11. armmani2001
    KitKat Jun 26, 2015

Exactly.. It's best to avoid any excuses!

12. aakashjhaveri
    Lollipop Jun 26, 2015

13. tjb50

tjb50 , Jun 26, 2015 :
    I really don't think you'll have any issues, once they flashed it and confirmed it to be hardware, the RMA process moved along fairly quickly..

14. p51d007
    KitKat Jun 26, 2015

p51d007 , Jun 26, 2015 :
    OnePlus One, "technically" is a startup, but, their only stockholder is Oppo. Oppo, is owned by
    BBK Electronics. One Plus does not have manufacturing/assembly plants of their own, therefore, their phones MUST look like whatever Oppo sells, MINUS a few features, such as removable battery, external storage, perhaps a few other features. The "president" came from Oppo, granted, in the BlueRay DVD division, but still worked for Oppo.
    I see "startup" as a INDEPENDENT company, not one that is owned, either completely or partially, by another company.

You are entitled to disagree, but that is how I see it.

Ivanpoocky13 likes this.
  15. Ivanpoocky13
    KitKat Jun 27, 2015

Ivanpoocky13 , Jun 27, 2015 :
    You're totally right!
    But that means their customer service is also Oppo's? I mean startup saying that It still doesn't has enough or too much personal compared to other companies.

16. ofir230899
    Donut Jun 28, 2015

17. TakeMyMoney
    KitKat Jun 28, 2015

TakeMyMoney , Jun 28, 2015 :
    Can you imagine what will happen when the Two gets released? They would need to upscale their customer service drastically to support both devices.

18. Ante021
    Froyo Jun 28, 2015

Ante021 , Jun 28, 2015 :
    I started pretty much the same thread few months ago. When I complained about customer support, people started defending a "startup".

I don't think a lot of people have an idea what a startup is. There are so may different definitions of a startup, I bet I could find one that includes Apple.

The word "startup" means nothing! It has no connection to bad customer service.
    People that run OnePlus are bad at what they do. Plain and simple.

I don't know who owns this company and how much money they plan to invest in it, but they are losing customers, fast. In the last two monts I talked to three people that planned to order OPO. I showed them mine and told them about customer support. They all bought something else.

You're welcome, OnePlus.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015

bakerbarber and JimJ2Mz like this.
  19. Jima330
    Froyo Jul 3, 2015

Jima330 , Jul 3, 2015 :
    Update to let everyone know what happened. I pulled out an old Laptop and downloaded all the files they asked me to. On the date of the appointment they sent me an email asking me to let them know when i was ready. I sent the email and they sent a link for me to access. I set up the old laptop and hit the link. Once i did we had a remote connection. The tech took over my PC and i swear to you ... did exactly what they already had me do. Flash the newest OS (O2) and then asked me if it worked now. It did not and they said ok someone would contact me for the next step. I then got an email saying they were FINALLY going to send me an RMA. Within the hour they did as promised and sent me the RMA with instructions on how to get DHL to pick it up. The DHL thing went horribly wrong because you have to be there when they pick it up and make one of those "Between 9 and 5" appointments.When they came i was at the Dr office and my son handled it. They would not take it because the value on the customs invoice was $0 and they said it couldn't be $0. So they left. i called DHL and complained and they walked me through a new form (Oneplus sends you a link to the filled in form that was wrong) and sent the driver back. That was Tuesday. Last night (Thursday) i got an email from the UK Tech company Oneplus uses for returns saying they had received my phone and would be testing it. I got an Email today (Friday) saying the phone was tested and defective (no kidding?) and they would process a new invoice. 30 minutes later I had a new invoice from Oneplus for a new 64gb Oneplus. They charged $299 and then discounted the phone $299 so it comes with a $0 balance. I am now waiting for the shipping email. Once that happens and i get the phone I will post again for a final update. I started this whole thing on June 2nd soooooo..... 31 days and counting!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015

Mr. BG likes this.
  20. Formsma
    KitKat Jul 3, 2015

Formsma , Jul 3, 2015 :
    #NeverAgain :p

bakerbarber likes this.