An open post to Oneplus Customer Service

1. prashantpadaganur
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2015

prashantpadaganur , Jul 4, 2015 :
    What is the timeline for paypal disputes. I bought one in last Sept, phone still under warranty. Going through the horrible experience of their customer service and RMA process now.

2. brittonraya
    Lollipop Jul 4, 2015

brittonraya , Jul 4, 2015 :
    How much was that 1020?

B-Rad likes this.
  3. prashantpadaganur
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2015

prashantpadaganur , Jul 4, 2015 :
    And what you did for these 31 days, bought another phone?? How many OPO owners will be disappointed if they have to do this and how many of them can afford another phone (most people would have gone for OPO because its cheap for its SPEC).
    I am personally going through the horrible experience of their customer service. We should make sure that our voice is heard in other forums where people are excited to buy the OPO and looking for release of their OPTwo. They should know whats coming!!!! A cra..ppy hardware

4. brittonraya
    Lollipop Jul 4, 2015

Will you be getting the 2?

B-Rad likes this.
  5. ali01192
    Froyo Jul 4, 2015

ali01192 , Jul 4, 2015 :
    If you have bought this phone or planning to buy the one plus two, don't expect a warranty. Now, I know they say there is a warranty, but its useless. The only help you will find is on the forms. If your phone has a hardware defect your best bet is to toss it. Again I'd like to make this very clear for people looking to buy the oneplus brand, THE WARRANTY IS USELESS!!

6. armmani2001
    KitKat Jul 4, 2015

armmani2001 , Jul 4, 2015 :
    Depends how it turn out to be but yeah I'll consider, you got any invites already ;)

B-Rad and brittonraya like this.
  7. brittonraya
    Lollipop Jul 4, 2015

Haha too soon? I did get invited to the launch today though.

B-Rad likes this.
  8. tjb50
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 4, 2015

tjb50 , Jul 4, 2015 :
    120 bucks..

B-Rad likes this.
  9. armmani2001
    KitKat Jul 4, 2015

armmani2001 , Jul 4, 2015 :
    Everyone one the forum got that though :p

B-Rad and brittonraya like this.
  10. B-Rad
    KitKat Jul 4, 2015

B-Rad , Jul 4, 2015 :
    LOL

brittonraya likes this.
  11. brittonraya
    Lollipop Jul 4, 2015

armmani2001 and B-Rad like this.
  12. brittonraya
    Lollipop Jul 4, 2015

Dude that's cheap...... I don't like spending lots of money on gadgets anymore. I've got kids.

tjb50 likes this.
  13. armmani2001
    KitKat Jul 5, 2015

armmani2001 , Jul 5, 2015 :
    Sorry I shouldn't have said that, you're too nice ;)

brittonraya likes this.
  14. brittonraya
    Lollipop Jul 5, 2015

brittonraya , Jul 5, 2015 :
    Ha-ha I really did know though for realz. :p

15. bkcy
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2015

bkcy , Jul 5, 2015 :
    I currently have a similar situation with the OP and I also feel it is ridiculous to make a customer spend months emailing back and forth with absolutely no fix and eventually request a remote desktop as a solution. Seriously? Remote desktop?

Less than a month after purchasing phone, random reboots happen. I'm not going to go into details but you will find similar stories on the message board.

I message customer support. They ask me to take a video of the random reboot in action... after I explained it's a RANDOM event I can't just hold a video recorder and try to capture this over an extended period of time... and i can't record a video because I don't have another phone... then they ask me to install Logcat which I did and sent them the log after it random reboots. Then, they ask me to change a setting in developer mode in which I respond I could not find that setting. They proceed to request to take phones from front, back and all sides of my phone. I can't believe I actually complied but I actually sent in the photos hoping they will have a solution. Then they ask me to setup an appointment so someone can remote desktop into my computer and patch my phone in no more than 2 hours. I then explained that I'm concerned with privacy breach and their response was for me to go borrow a friend's computer or go to a public library's computer... at which point I'm utterly speechless.

2 months with no solution and refusal to refund my phone.

They may be smart in their marketing strategy of this phone but the Oneplus will fail because of the very customers they attract that habitually likes to "share" their experience.

16. jdm001
    Gingerbread Jul 5, 2015

jdm001 , Jul 5, 2015 :
    OP has the absolute worst customer service I have ever encountered. Period. I would never recommend their products or purchase another.

Fool me once...

theapu and petexx like this.
  17. petexx
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2015

petexx , Jul 5, 2015 :
    Too familiar stories. My screen went black few minutes after I unboxed and booted for the first time. That was late May. Still waiting RMA to happen and it was obvious that it was known hw issue. No it is not sw issue, I have been treated with 2 different (most likely just file names differ) special images made to fix screen problems..

Companies have quality issues, that's life, you survive such situations if and when your support works. If it doesn't, well, you end up with really pissed and loud "soon to be ex-customers" who will share their experience with potential new customers.

18. OngV
    Donut Jul 5, 2015

OngV , Jul 5, 2015 :
    I'm sorry that you've had bad experiences, but as some have said, this IS just a startup. However, the support I received was fast, direct, and helpful. Nothing like the "terrible" support that others have claimed to have.

19. jdm001
    Gingerbread Jul 5, 2015

jdm001 , Jul 5, 2015 :
    Please stop making these BS excuses about OP "just being a start-up". How can that possibly excuse the complete disregard for their clientele they regularly exhibit? It makes no difference how old a company has been around. If you care about your customer base, you can support them if you so choose. OP clearly does not have any priority fro customer service, or their wouldn't be so many horror stories flooding the forums and blogs. You may have somehow gotten good support from them, but the hundreds (thousands?) of others whom have posted time after time about the incredibly poor service they received obviously makes your experience almost unique with OP. I'm glad someone has had a good experience with them, but please don't try to make excuses and pass off the otherwise overwhelmingly abhorrent customer service OP consistently inflicts upon their customers.

20. Jima330
    Froyo Jul 6, 2015

Jima330 , Jul 6, 2015 :
    As many others have mentioned here, the "It's a Startup" excuse wears pretty thin after a while. How long are they a startup? A year? two? Even for a startup this is horrible Customer service and cant't be ignored if so many people have the same problem. I suspect they have such a problem delivering phones that they delay RMA as long as possibel or they wouldnt have enough phones to actually sell, they would all go to replacements.