An update on CM12 and OxygenOS - 06/09

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helen Honeycomb Jun 9, 2015

Helen, Jun 9, 2015 :
    Hi all,

I know a lot of you have been waiting anxiously for updates on OxygenOS and CM12. Let me give you a quick status update here so you all know what we've been up to.

Some of you have been experiencing touchscreen issues, we've gone through several iterations of the fix to make sure the solution works with the different panels we have, and eliminated some of the side effects we've seen like battery drain and mura effects. The last iteration is undergoing stringent testing, it's looking stable and promising. Both OxygenOS and CM will get the latest fix.

CM12.1, updated to 5.1, is on its way. We have a preview build that's undergoing factory testing and Google certification. You will have it soon.

And this brings us to OxygenOS. The entire team is currently heads down working on the release for the upcoming OnePlus 2. We are very excited about the work we've done and can't wait to show you all the new features and improvements we've made. We have a small team which means in order to do our best work, we need to focus. This unfortunately means that we won't have an OTA for the community build of OxygenOS we released back in April for the OnePlus One until after the OnePlus 2 release. We will put up a new build very soon with the touchscreen fix for those of you who are experiencing this problem but we won't have an official update until we have the resources to do a proper job.

We will pick up our pace for updates, especially on the OnePlus 2 as OxygenOS will be the official operating system. My team and I keep a close eye on your feedback in the forums and we really appreciate how actively engaged you guys are. As we scale our team, we will have an increasingly iterative process to cycle your feedback into tangible improvements on a much more frequent basis.

Thanks for your patience.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015

2. Rubii23 Jelly Bean Jun 9, 2015

Rubii23, Jun 9, 2015 :
    It's nice to hear you guys are working hard on new updates! Good job! :)

3. FayeMarkV Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 9, 2015

FayeMarkV, Jun 9, 2015 :
    Thanks for that timely news update, good to know that there is some progression simmering there. *thumbs up*

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015

billy73, azhar_fahry, Shazeb and 6 others like this.
  4. J0han Jelly Bean Community Expert Jun 9, 2015

J0han, Jun 9, 2015 :
    Thank you! An update of COS12 is really needed to fix the modem issues some of us have been experiencing.

If you won't update the community build of OxygenOS until after the OnePlus 2 is released I hope to see you either tease or discuss the new features and improvements with us in the meantime!

5. marcyeo Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 9, 2015

marcyeo, Jun 9, 2015 :
    excited to hear this great news...excited to be the first few who posted here :p

billy73, Shazeb, S0bek and 3 others like this.
  6. jpswer Jelly Bean Jun 9, 2015

jpswer, Jun 9, 2015 :
    Yay. I'm running CM12.1 nighties which are super stable for me.

Looking forward to seeing how OxygenOS evolves for the OnePlus 2 and the subsequent update for the OnePlus One if I'm not lucky enough to get a invite also if it depends if the OnePlus 2 it looks good... I'm sure it will. You teases you.

ShaqNrOnE, billy73, S0bek and 4 others like this.
  7. marcvento12 Jelly Bean Jun 9, 2015

pbergonzi likes this.
  8. jatish123 Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 9, 2015

pbergonzi and okay_bye like this.
  9. TheRealProcyon Jelly Bean Jun 9, 2015

pbergonzi and steve.bell42 like this.
  10. scrivz69 Jelly Bean Jun 9, 2015

scrivz69, Jun 9, 2015 :
    Nice to have an update, thanks.

Please don't have us waiting months for the cm12 update like last time, it just caused a shit storm, any update on the forum from you guys is appreciated.

hitzilla, Shazeb, pbergonzi and 6 others like this.
  11. TeamValor91 Lollipop Community Expert Jun 9, 2015

TeamValor91, Jun 9, 2015 :
    To anybody who has the urge to write "first" as a comment, your comment will either be edited or deleted. Please refrain from posting that. Thank you.

12. nchaitanyareddy Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 9, 2015

pbergonzi and addam like this.
  13. NisseCool Honeycomb Jun 9, 2015

14. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 9, 2015

S0bek, pbergonzi, iTrollz and 12 others like this.
  15. gaster KitKat Moderator Jun 9, 2015

gaster, Jun 9, 2015 :
    More cool news today. Thank you. Who said that OnePlus doesn't care for us? Beee :rolleyes:

S0bek, pbergonzi, Djnas and 8 others like this.
  16. Rubii23 Jelly Bean Jun 9, 2015

Rubii23, Jun 9, 2015 :
    First time I even tried.. I'm sorry [​IMG]

S0bek, pbergonzi, doctor_who and 5 others like this.
  17. Schlumi Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 9, 2015

S0bek, lttlcesar, pbergonzi and 2 others like this.
  18. wizard Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 9, 2015

19. cafefe Froyo Jun 9, 2015

20. joao.f.pinto Honeycomb Jun 9, 2015