An update on CM12 and OxygenOS - 06/09

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. princeofcc
    Froyo Jun 9, 2015

Suuber, FayeMarkV and ChrisTerp like this.
  2. CasperTFG
    KitKat Jun 9, 2015

3. ChrisTerp
    Lollipop Jun 9, 2015

ChrisTerp , Jun 9, 2015 :
    Thank you for the update on the status of OxygenOS and CM, is there any update on COS12 for the folks who don't root? Please advise at your earliest convenience. All the best.

lnxpro and addam like this.
  4. Potloodje
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 9, 2015

5. Sunny
    Honeycomb Jun 9, 2015

Sunny , Jun 9, 2015 :
    @Helen
    Why arent you guys sharing any updates/teasers about OPT?
    Its not like you guys have a huge lineup to fall short of sales on other products and on top of that OPO is at the end of the life cycle.

I almost ordered HTC One M9 as my Nexus 5 broke recently.
    But, I cancelled the order for M9 and placed an order for OPO so that I can save money and put it towards OPT/OP2.
    May be you should 'leak' a few specs - display size preferable so people might refrain from buying HTC/LG/Samsung phones and watch out for OPT/OP2.

Just my 2cents :)

hbvdh, FayeMarkV, Archnibbler and 2 others like this.
  6. kwanzee
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2015

kwanzee , Jun 9, 2015 :
    Thanks. Can't wait for this update cause this screen issue is driving me crazy. Almost unusable.

esrefozata and Suuber like this.
  7. sp99
    Community Veteran Jun 9, 2015

sp99 , Jun 9, 2015 :
    Thanks for the update! :D

lnxpro and addam like this.
  8. saf
    Honeycomb Jun 9, 2015

saf , Jun 9, 2015 :
    @Helen Hi Helen! Hope you are doing fine! This is all good news and so. I just wonder, how big is your base of Oxygen OS x CM x Other Roms? It would be interesting to know this numbers.
    And most important: if you release a One Plus 2 with CM (Cyanogen Mod or COS12), I would buy one. If not, I would not. And if I got one for free, I would put CM on it as soon as it is available.
    Please, do not get me wrong (and the girsl and guys in the forum also not) but, do we really need another OS? Look, you have an installed base with CM, then Oxygen, then Hydrogen, plus the miriad of Android ROMS and ports out there. You said (wrote) that focus is needed. How can you assure that you are focusing (with such a marvelous, but still small team) with 3 own OS/Roms/Ports? Would it not be better to just keep one? (Please note that I am not counting Colour OS...)
    And there we go to my first question from above: Is OxygenOS really a good choice for you as a company? How many people would keep it on their OPT when they get one?
    And my very last point on this: What about buyers from OPO with CM on it? Remember that due to your "disruption" with CM many peopple will someday have to decide what to do, since they (CM) will probably just gives us updates till more or less end of this year (then their support will end, and if we go to Oxygen OS, we will always need to rely on the good will of this company to solve problems, relase updates - Remember, "M" is on the door, just need to ring).
    Is this real customer satisfaction? Is this "Never settle"?

So far I am happy with the quality of my one plus one and do not plan to change it (only if my whife or kid wants mine and allow me to buy me or them a new one :) ), I really do not think that we need to change gadgets every year, if they are working, why? Lets do something good for ourselves and earth.

My 2 last cents: I already gave here the idea of a "buy back" program: One Plus would buy our phones back and or gives us a discount on new models in charge for our returned phones. What to do with our used phones? "Sell" them for a very low price (nearly as give a way) for developing countries, as seccond hand devices on the on-line store, giving them for charity and so on. This would be never settle!

9. keithnyc
    Marshmallow Moderator Jun 9, 2015

keithnyc , Jun 9, 2015 :
    Thanks Helen. Please consider also building an installation tool for Oxygen

iTrollz, lnxpro, addam and 1 other person like this.
  10. Milan34119

11. Eisblume23
    Honeycomb Jun 9, 2015

12. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jun 9, 2015

dsmonteiro , Jun 9, 2015 :
    Why would OnePlus do this?

OnePlus is a company, their main goal is to make money. They already sell the phone with small margins and you want them to buy back used phones to help you buy the OPT? Does this make any sense?

13. Sunny
    Honeycomb Jun 9, 2015

Sunny , Jun 9, 2015 :
    @saf
    The world may not need another OS but OnePlus definitely needs it.
    Especially after the whole Cyanogen-OP-Micromax fiasco.
    You cant rely on a company whose CEO is arrogant and speaks out of his ***.

I would really love to see Oxygen OS to succeed and have awesome support like CM.
    And keep supporting phones like CM does - I am talking about CyanogenMod, no Cyanogen OS.

Your 'last two cents' - I liked it :)

Takendown, Rick Manders and ChrisTerp like this.
  14. deoliveiranv
    Honeycomb Jun 9, 2015

deoliveiranv , Jun 9, 2015 :
    Great ....a update.....When??????What???????? it's always the same movie. I'm on OxygenOS...simple....fast...clear....Just need more battery life...Less bugs....and a good camera.
    Thanks ;););););););););)

15. DeltaSky

DeltaSky , Jun 9, 2015 :
    @Helen
    I came here for Cyanogen OS 12.1, seems we gotta wait one or two months more for 5.1,

I don't experience any touch issues with my one, and when I tried the 12.1 nightly with new drivers and stuff - I faced oversensitive touch at times, so ain't it possible that you guys implement an option in settings to enable/disable touch fixes for people like me.

Danojiveena and DanDuke641 like this.
  16. axmxaxr
    Honeycomb Jun 9, 2015

axmxaxr , Jun 9, 2015 :
    Thanks for the update. Looking forward to both the OnePlus 2 and updated OxygenOS. All the best!

17. PlutonFI
    Froyo Jun 9, 2015

18. gwie
    Jelly Bean Jun 9, 2015

gwie , Jun 9, 2015 :
    Damn, that means OnePlus 1 owners are f*cked from now on. No thanks for supporting this new company when it needed us to give them a chance.

19. rrluvs

addam likes this.
  20. bombadier
    KitKat Jun 9, 2015

bombadier , Jun 9, 2015 :
    With all this oxygenos excitement I just hope nobody has forgotten about the Microsoft graphic stack,thats what I worry about...