An Update on OxygenOS (and CM12)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rekon
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2015

rekon , Mar 27, 2015 :
    I see im a little too late:( maybe next time I will get OPO. Phone is great, hope u will work out CM12 asap;)

2. f4remix
    Eclair Mar 27, 2015

3. Jael Pendragon
    KitKat Mar 27, 2015

4. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Mar 27, 2015

Mr. BG , Mar 27, 2015 :
    That is your opinion. I think they really set a target but could not live up to it, and kept their promise on the phones, all verified. I'm not here to defend Oneplus, they do bad in keeping promises department. But Sony screwed me over twice, so no news there.

He gets his phone fresh and sees the value he gets for the money. He just states his opinion, and does not deserve that, we should be nice to newbees, remember?

5. secretkloud
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2015

secretkloud , Mar 27, 2015 :
    What's funny is that no one was forced to buy this phone. We all went for it for various reasons. The easiest way to show disappointment is to change your phone. Ranting at people who are trying their level best to do with maybe twenty people what the Samsungs and Sonys do with platoons of staff should be commended.
    Let's not forget that OxOS is (I hope) a new ROM, the crucible of the ideas the team have for OnePlus. There's no way they can hammer it together without delays, especially if they don't want to follow CM's path of releasing buggy updates. CM have been working on CM12 for what seems like forever, and there are still bugs in it. For CM users it's all about compromise. You can do this and this, but might need to restart your phone every so often or work out battery management or something else. The Top Dogs like Samsung, LG and HTC go the other way and restrict user end customisations, but give a generally more stable OS. Which would you prefer, CM or stock android with a fully compatible exposed framework?
    Also, you all might want to think about why Google's vanilla android OSes are always relatively simple, with only a little more than the basics. Is it only because they want to encourage differentiation through modding? Or did they realise early on that most users won't really change more than a few settings, or use only a few aspects of android, and decided to keep it simple? Would Google be releasing versions of android so often if their OS had CM level options? Conflicts and compatibility issues would slow them down too.
    The bottom line is that going beyond stock takes time and effort. Give them some encouragement and make positive suggestions. Those that can't can flash ROMs if they wish, or shut up and pray otherwise. We are all waiting....

FYI, I'm not happiest of OPO owners. The signal issue still drives me crazy, but I'm learning to deal. I hope they sort that out with this release. Maybe OnePlus could open a suggestion thread?

The wait continues...

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015

eprrtry and Jael Pendragon like this.
  6. MiguelH
    Honeycomb Mar 27, 2015

7. acbc2k
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2015

acbc2k , Mar 27, 2015 :
    My OPO crashed recently and now using PA. Hopefully OxygenOS will be out soon. Can't wait.

8. Jael Pendragon
    KitKat Mar 27, 2015

Jael Pendragon , Mar 27, 2015 :
    Say hi to your friends in my ignore list. Over and out.

9. MiguelH
    Honeycomb Mar 27, 2015

MiguelH , Mar 27, 2015 :
    Hehe, I bet you're 5 years old, aint you boy?

10. bronch
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2015

bronch , Mar 27, 2015 :
    No, you'll have to flash it manually

11. Auko
    Froyo Mar 27, 2015

Auko , Mar 27, 2015 :
    The problem isn't this "dealine" the problem is THE FIRST promise you broke..that's the CM12s, 3 months after Lollipop's release..and both you and CM failed to answer that promise.So instead of making your self look worse, in my eyes at least, do something about it and finish a PROPER LOLLIPOP ROM.
    Making promisses and making big anouncements without realising them is only BAD for you, and you aren't , yet, a company of Apple's or Samsung's caliber that has history of products as a "bumper" for those "misshaps". Oh as for the 5 phones given...yeah..you gave 5 devices and you FAILED LIKE THOUSANDS of expectations...good job "making it up" for us with those 5 phones.That's only making it worse you know?It's like you are playing with our inteligence.Sorry about all the hate but i think a proper "friend" should tell the "goods" and the "bads" so he can make his mate advance and become better.
    Never Settle.

12. Bibbop
    Eclair Mar 27, 2015

Bibbop , Mar 27, 2015 :
    Well at least we finally get some clear response thank you let's hope it will continue in future endeavors since we have the phone we like the phone and if u can't make a deadline that's fine happens we only want updates thank your for the clarity.

13. hernandoco
    Froyo Mar 27, 2015

hernandoco , Mar 27, 2015 :
    For those of you who are interested, CM12.1 is working great for an alpha build. WiFi and bluetooth acts a little funny but works most of the time. Its a good ROM to mess with before OxygenOS comes out, if it ever comes out.

mydroid, Chriss29 and Jael Pendragon like this.
  14. Bibbop
    Eclair Mar 27, 2015

Bibbop , Mar 27, 2015 :
    Ahh and for all of you that keep comparing to other companies just sell your oneplus and get something else don't drill our ears with your crappy disappointed BS

Jael Pendragon likes this.
  15. phoenixita
    Jelly Bean Mar 27, 2015

phoenixita , Mar 27, 2015 :
    Once installed the first version I see no reason why you shouldn't.

16. Brian M
    Froyo Mar 27, 2015

17. Brian M
    Froyo Mar 27, 2015

18. RckStdy
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2015

raphael.aretakis and botturgec like this.
  19. Gustavo69
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2015

20. Sandesire
    Jelly Bean Mar 27, 2015

Sandesire , Mar 27, 2015 :
    So rude, much anger... still true dat!