An Update on OxygenOS (and CM12)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. draper84
    Eclair Mar 27, 2015

draper84 , Mar 27, 2015 :
    Bummer, Oh well. I'll still continue to love my phone, and the company. They have done right by me so far.

Rjedge54 likes this.
  2. girdhar54ster
    Donut Mar 27, 2015

3. filipok063
    Eclair Mar 27, 2015

filipok063 , Mar 27, 2015 :
    Не серьёзная каманда Один плюс в первый раз обманули, и во второй раз обманули, что будет в третий раз ???

Joe_Black likes this.
  4. jazzharuddeen
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2015

5. Diablo_Wiki
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2015

Diablo_Wiki , Mar 27, 2015 :
    Look how angry this guy is.

Eli Baez, roor7 and Nitinravi like this.
  6. Nitinravi
    Froyo Mar 27, 2015

7. sam5mith
    Donut Mar 27, 2015

sam5mith , Mar 27, 2015 :
    </3

8. tolong4u
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2015

tolong4u , Mar 27, 2015 :
    @Helen
    Schade, Schade, Schade. Ein altes Deutsches Sprichwort sagt: "Vorfreunde ist die schönste Freude."

9. DiVille
    Eclair Mar 27, 2015

DiVille , Mar 27, 2015 :
    It strikes me that when OnePlus made the move to create their own OS, they would have already been given a timeframe in which Google would certify it. The majority of users wouldn't be bothered by the fact that it's been delayed, but by the fact OnePlus pushed #NeverSettle so hard - and have in fact had to do so once again.
    I think it more often than not comes down to bad planning and the over zealous need to make everyone excited about what's happening at HQ.
    The Game Changer promotion that's currently running, generating interest without making any promises as to the reveal as such. Surely that's a better way to get consumers on side? Give the community more information and less unachievable deadlines and the most people can do is speculate as to a release date and indeed, in this case, what it is.
    As other users have said, get the certification first, overcome any last hurdles, then announced your deadline.
    If you have to say something:
    Coming this April? It's still a release date but it's noncommittal enough to give some wiggle room if required.

karthikraobr and schlomski like this.
  10. divyank666
    Froyo Mar 27, 2015

divyank666 , Mar 27, 2015 :
    Consider -1 on your fanbase 1+. The issue is not how long you take to deliver the update, the problem is with the hype creation and the subsequent letdowns. Even Xiaomi has not delivered lollipop but there is not the same hate towards Xiaomi because they did not start the hype brigade months before the actual release. Couple that with your lack of communication (posting on reddit a day before any news on your own forum) and your failing customer service and I predict a bleak future. There is a thread in the announcements section titled 'First look at OxygenOs' dated 12 Feb but two months later ppl have started doubting if the said ROM even exists. This might be part of your business strategy in which case I hope 1+2 fails big. Even now you promise daily updates but all u give us is news posted already on reddit and a new batch of promises ( probably headed the same way ). #Nevertrustoneplus

11. Ashok Ujjwal
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2015

12. jpslabber
    Froyo Mar 27, 2015

jpslabber , Mar 27, 2015 :
    No need to lick now, The phones have been won! LOL

13. Lezac
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2015

Joe_Black likes this.
  14. Quistnix
    Froyo Mar 27, 2015

Quistnix , Mar 27, 2015 :
    Once you flashed the rom, you get oxygen otas.

15. r6171
    Jelly Bean Mar 27, 2015

LMH98 likes this.
  16. fswijoyo
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2015

fswijoyo , Mar 27, 2015 :
    Yes, a sneak peek will be satisfy our curiosity and proofing that the OS is delayed due to certification only.

17. mdx-tach
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2015

mdx-tach , Mar 27, 2015 :
    Just wondering. You know that the target users for this phone (must of us) know what we doing, when flashing, modding and loading custom roms?
    Why would we care if the first release doesn't have quality control, ota update etc, or eaven all the languages?
    Release it with en
    Just wondering, do you know your target customers? You do realize that must of us have the oneplus 1 phone because we, know about custom roms, flashing them and so on?
    Must of us uses the phone in English, eaven it's not our native language.
    Why delay the release because of ota support, language and I don't know what else, if oneplus owners cry because of that, they don't deserve a oneplus, I'm kinda disappointed because of that decision.
    Seems to me like there's been many pictures of the dog and not much work on rom.

bojes likes this.
  18. LukeDonegan
    Eclair Mar 27, 2015

LukeDonegan , Mar 27, 2015 :
    Slight over exaggeration...

I don't know any other company that would give away phones for a delay in an update... They said from the start that they would give away 5 phones and they've kept to their word.

haha no.

Rjedge54 and matssa like this.
  19. prakashchopper
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2015

prakashchopper , Mar 27, 2015 :
    Great

20. jswarts
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2015

jswarts , Mar 27, 2015 :
    This gets me worried for the future. You guys plan on releasing a new product soon, and then a new phone somewhere this year, correct? How do you plan on supporting those two products if you cannot even support the one you have right now?