An Update on OxygenOS (and CM12)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sudhakarjha
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 29, 2015

sudhakarjha , Mar 29, 2015 :
    We have got only 87 open bugs out of which 30 are of severity 1 and 40 are of severity 2 and rest are cosmetic.

Enjoy..

2. dsb_dsb
    Cupcake Mar 29, 2015

CountryBoyCRO likes this.
  3. CountryBoyCRO
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 29, 2015

4. gwie
    Jelly Bean Mar 29, 2015

gwie , Mar 29, 2015 :
    I bet they'll even miss that deadline :p

5. charliedubs
    Cupcake Mar 29, 2015

charliedubs , Mar 29, 2015 :
    "Get a life"
    "Relax"
    "You're a baby for wanting new software"
    "It's just a phone"
    "Flash nightlies, n00b"
    Etc

Simply put, your comments lack insight and understanding. They also indicate that you, indeed, appear to have settled (see what I did there?).

I'll be the first to say that I love my OPO. I am on-call 24x7 and work in some dicey environments where a phone's life expectancy can be pretty short - both myself and my clients rely on this phone when business comes knocking. This device has served me very well, and not having all the baked-in garbage from the carrier/manufacturer is brilliant. Not NEEDING to manually flash/root/jailbreak is a key selling point. Not NEEDING to invest $600 on a mainstream phone, or my valuable time, is also a big plus.

Deal with it. Some people live and die by the phones in their pockets. If you're lucky enough to have a life where your phone isn't important...well, more power to 'ya.

OP is a new company, and they are having some growing pains. This is understandable.

The issue here is that OP has made multiple promises and failed to deliver. This is frustrating, and individuals have a right to express their irritation without facing belittlement and offhand dismissal.

If OP released it right now, and if it were released buggy as hell, I'm sure the "it's just a phone" crowd would be howling along with everyone else. Everything is relative.

6. Kogami
    Froyo Mar 29, 2015

Kogami , Mar 29, 2015 :
    tbh, I would rather wait a couple more months for them to release Oxygen OS than try to rush it now. I'm hoping for a seamless and effortless experience. :) Good coding takes dedication, time and more dedication :D

7. miqbalfadil
    Gingerbread Mar 29, 2015

deviantartjr, lolliboy and Carol18 like this.
  8. Carol18
    Cupcake Mar 29, 2015

Carol18 , Mar 29, 2015 :

Why and How could you say that ??? When d FUN is yet to start. Can't wait to get my hands on my OPO. Can't wait to get started x

charliedubs likes this.
  9. ndipaolo5
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2015

Carol18 likes this.
  10. joejp
    Cupcake Mar 29, 2015

joejp , Mar 29, 2015 :
    Um-any reason you won't let us do ota stock android at this point? You're already way behind the ball....

Varun Varma and Carol18 like this.
  11. gabrielE79HT
    Gingerbread Mar 29, 2015

gabrielE79HT , Mar 29, 2015 :
    If you don't have control and influence over CM's work, why did you commit to a deadline?
    The phone is great and I love CM11 too. The marketing team is, however, frankly embarrassing. It seems you don't really have a marketing strategy.
    I was trying to pitch this phone to a friend of mine that wants to jump from iPhone to Android. He looked at a bunch of reviews on YouTube and he took a good look at my OPO and he was convinced and happy to order one, but it took him only 10 minutes to change his mind after having read what's going on on this forum.

You should aim not only to a "budget" restricted audience but to a much broader one. The phone is pretty and works well I see no reasons why it shouldn't succeed.

Hence I'd suggest to get a proper experienced marketing team, as talented software developers evidently can't turn themselves into marketeers just reading a couple of "The Economist" issues.

Good luck and no more amateurish deadlines...

12. SkyL1nE
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2015

SkyL1nE , Mar 29, 2015 :
    [​IMG]
    And it's still not released. I bet that the final CM12S version will still have bugs :)

13. sudhakarjha
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 30, 2015

sudhakarjha , Mar 30, 2015 :
    +1

azzaka likes this.
  14. Carol18
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2015

Carol18 , Mar 30, 2015 :

Lovely phone case, I really admire this case, pls how do I get this. Did you purchase it from Amazon ??

15. jitee62
    Eclair Mar 30, 2015

16. naskogashi
    Gingerbread Mar 30, 2015

17. Georgeminto_
    Eclair Mar 30, 2015

Georgeminto_ , Mar 30, 2015 :
    I hope so but I doubt it

jitee62 and boggogo like this.
  18. Deactivated User
    Mar 30, 2015

19. sudhakarjha