An Update on OxygenOS (and CM12)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arideeps
    Eclair Mar 27, 2015

arideeps , Mar 27, 2015 :
    The Team, if you people really are not sure about the progress, why do u give deadline'S' and give us Hope... Hope is a big thing guys... A Big one... Don't play with THAT!

Thanks.

2. dhaugru
    KitKat Mar 27, 2015

dhaugru , Mar 27, 2015 :
    It was random foo. Read Brandons last update.

LukeDonegan likes this.
  3. ankurtiwari
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2015

ankurtiwari , Mar 27, 2015 :
    OnePlus - Just a PR & Marketing Team - Gimmick of 5 Free OnePlus

I am tending to feel that OnePlus has a bigger PR Team compared to its Technical Team. All they do is Marketing. Moving the dates twice is so very unprofessional. Why promise when you cannot deliver.

Mark my words, now that OxygenOS has not released, OnePlus team will not allow the release of Cyanogen12 as well. OnePlus need to have their OS out first. Right @Carl @Vikas @Helen @Cat H @Helen @David S.

I am sure no one has time to respond.
    Gimmick of giving away 5 OnePlus is like giving away peanuts. If you were serious, you would have had bigger penalties at stake

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015

giuliorenault, rexian and bombadier like this.
  4. alex inthi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 27, 2015

alex inthi , Mar 27, 2015 :
    Lets see what were you making so long.
    I heard no special Camera in Oxygen OS just google camera, no Camera API. So whats taking too long. Stock AOSP?

5. Andoenay
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2015

Andoenay , Mar 27, 2015 :
    This process took cm months... Utter disappointment but nothing new. LOL thx

6. berkutg
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2015

berkutg , Mar 27, 2015 :
    i really love your device. i really do.

but without support any mobile device in our days becomes obsolete.

google already rolled out 5.1
    you are struggling with 5.0 rollout.

when is 5.1 rollout going to come ? next year when google will be 2 versions ahead ?

7. 4KJ
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2015

4KJ , Mar 27, 2015 :
    Lol yeah right. They almost got me this time with their ray of hope. But the fact that they already planned to give away phones when they obviously knew they wouldn't meet date. I knew then to reply and hopefully get a new phone. I mean come on people you knew about the quality control issues way before the date of release was giving. Why even give the date ? Its a head scratcher.

ankurtiwari and Fariz24 like this.
  8. Nisarcrazy4u
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2015

9. Fantomy

Fantomy , Mar 27, 2015 :
    we are all oxygen addicts and will go crazy if you don't deliver oxygen hurry the f....up

10. hobgob
    Froyo Mar 27, 2015

hobgob , Mar 27, 2015 :
    how is it posible that every time the op team publish a new thread, it´s a different person? and if they are only at the certification process there aren´t any screenshots or any leaks by now

Fariz24 likes this.
  11. kunalm.666
    Eclair Mar 27, 2015

kunalm.666 , Mar 27, 2015 :
    Apart from that, I do agree that I need the new update soon. I've tried many custom ROMs and they're all buggy. Too many FCs. But whatever. There must be a reason why they haven't pushed the update yet.

12. tjep
    Eclair Mar 27, 2015

Incazteco likes this.
  13. Fariz24
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2015

Fariz24 , Mar 27, 2015 :
    Its not abt price.... Its about the promise... Razve multiple promises....

Tanmay Satpathy likes this.
  14. 47 JTG
    Eclair Mar 27, 2015

47 JTG , Mar 27, 2015 :
    Just amazed at the sense of entitlement by owning a OPO has created. "Give me Oxygen OS Now or else I will leave". "Give me a screen shot now" or else! "Give me a date"! Give me give me give me......

Tamirwig and Alvord12 like this.
  15. rexian

rexian , Mar 27, 2015 :
    Shut the **** up CUPCAKE!!!

ankurtiwari likes this.
  16. Incazteco
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2015

17. abraxxas
    Froyo Mar 27, 2015

abraxxas , Mar 27, 2015 :
    Well I must say that I was expecting to have the update today, but it is not a great disappointment I am really pleased with my opo and can wait a bit longer when I was using my sg4 not even waiting solved anything there was no hope with opo I know it's coming. Thanks for the update

md.singh and Tamirwig like this.
  18. NeverSettle
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2015

NeverSettle , Mar 27, 2015 :
    make another dead line...and if u break it give opo to all the forum members with level lolipop...

19. arif6786
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2015

20. Xveys
    Eclair Mar 27, 2015

Xveys , Mar 27, 2015 :
    It is dissapointing to see that self set deadlines cannot be met - and as it seems, not even by a long shot. If you are going to update us every day, this means that the update is at least multiple days from release. I don't understand why you even set that deadline then.

Placing the blame on extra QC and Google certification is easily said, and does not sound professional. You could've gotten to this earlier, so it would have come across more professional to just admit this straight on. Open communication is key, and it's something I've noticed you keep missing the ball on. This post is only half a solution, because you did not clarify anything - only said you missed it. Please step up your game on achieving deadlines, and communicating this openly. Always saying 'soon' is not an option anymore.

Having a good product is not sufficient (and you have a good product), but meeting targets you set yourself for the future is at least as important. As is meeting the expectations of your customers who in the end pay for your salary.
    You're on the right track, but to grow as a startup this phase is critical to meet the expectations and to set a name and reputation for yourself. All the industry giants don't have a choice but to meet their own targets (or explain clearly why they missed it), it's time for you to join these big ones and play in the same ballpark.

@Helen (or other from your mgmt), don't hesitate to contact me if you need any help or information in this regard, I'd love to help from a professional standpoint, as I have lots of experience in project and crisis management.