An update on user submitted feature requests

1. naveenba33
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2019

naveenba33 , Jun 26, 2019 :
    When we push the slider button to ring mode, incoming call will not vibrate but it will ring even if the option to vibrate is turned on for incoming calls. please requesting to resolve the issue on the next update.

X1559841135286 likes this.
  2. Edward McArdle
    Froyo Jun 26, 2019

Edward McArdle , Jun 26, 2019 :

Aziz_Amin_Oneplus

Someone can toggle it but cannot use it as the phone will be locked so whats the point of raising the question​

true ... I'd only be concerned if the hotspot was open

3. Arayan godhaniya
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2019

4. RAHUL_VIJAYY
    Froyo Jun 26, 2019

5. Scottspa74
    Froyo Jun 26, 2019

Scottspa74 , Jun 26, 2019 :
    just got 9.5.8 update on TMobile and only 1:22 screen on time. obviously not acceptable. usually get 5.5 hrs (which is crap compared to my pixel 2xl, with a better camera). My first one plus phone. Certainly expected more than this crap. I just have rage statements right now, so I'll bite my tongue.

but yeah, no notification light? WTF? are smartphones things we don't need or ignore? hello? Notification lighting is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. Sorry for caps, just breaking my heart to realize how much I sacrifice from my pixel 2xl just for a nice screen. ******* ridiculous. Get it together to play in the big league, I guess.

6. Kulwant_sin
    Eclair Jun 26, 2019

7. Nick 59
    Marshmallow Jun 26, 2019

Nick 59 , Jun 26, 2019 :
    Seems you are not a happy bunny and yes, 1h 22m is pretty terrible SOT, but this is not the best place to vent really. (Read the opening post.)
    Issues with 9.5.8 can be addressed here:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-9-5-8-for-oneplus-7-pro.1057904/
    Battery issues can be addressed here:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...ting-tips-how-to-improve-battery-life.556988/

Scottspa74 likes this.
  8. F_Andrzej_Sroczyński_ZhE
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2019

G_Syed_Ozzie_LimA likes this.
  9. G_Syed_Ozzie_LimA
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2019

G_Syed_Ozzie_LimA , Jun 26, 2019 :
    They will add what they want!. Who needs a step counter? not everyone needs it. ppl hav fitness trackers which do it also there are real good apps with gps and all. We need small things that matter. when you copy iPhone blindly and remove the headphone jack that time you don't think about your users. Add things like QR scanner in camera app ability to add any apps to dual apps and low battery warning at 2% and things like that.

10. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jun 26, 2019

dsmonteiro , Jun 26, 2019 :
    Sorry, but how is a QR scanner in camera app any more relevant than step counter? Especially considering that Google Lens already accomplishes that?

The fact that you want it doesn't it make it more important to the community. If there is a demand for a step counter and it's implemented through the shelf, without adding bloat to the overall OS, then why not?

Scottspa74 and rclotz like this.
  11. G_Syed_Ozzie_LimA
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2019

Even iphones has a QR code scanner built into its camera app now but they dont have a step counter. Google lens does it but it's more time consuming. My cheap Mi phone also has it. It's more simple to implement then a step counter which is bloat and phones like Samsung and LG used to have it. It's better to go for a fitness tracker with GPS and use it or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pedometer.steptracker.calorieburner.stepcounter

12. Hdrnw
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2019

Hdrnw , Jun 26, 2019 :
    Please, please, please, pretty please implement AOD on future updates. I really really need AOD as an alternative to LED notification light as I used to have on my Mi 5.

13. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jun 26, 2019

dsmonteiro , Jun 26, 2019 :
    There are also QR scanners in the Play Store. Why not use the same logic?

Still, why is Google Lens more time consuming?

14. Abhay Gaikwad
    Froyo Jun 26, 2019

15. rclotz
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2019

G1560569552923 likes this.
  16. Philip R.
    Eclair Jun 26, 2019

Philip R. , Jun 26, 2019 :
    @OnePlus I bought a OnePlus 7 and been using the phone for the last few days and I'm thoroughly dissapointed. All that hype about flagship killer this and that... come on. get the basics right.
    please split the volume between ringtones notifications and system and let us use the volume buttons to control ringtones and not media by default. there are times when I want my ringtone volume to be middle and notification to be high and system volume low I can't do it.
    if you're claiming to be a flagship killer then do better and give people options!! sam$ung does it. why can't you?? I switched to OnePlus from Sam$ung to find out things are more backwards here for the premium price level. All this HYPE and am Very dissapointed!!
    the vibration motor on the OnePlus 7 sucks!! I can barely feel it. my 3 year old sam$ung s7 shakes the table literally. why can't you?

17. G_Syed_Ozzie_LimA
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2019

you can't compare OnePlus 7 to s7 unless you're using the OnePlus 7 Pro. Vibration is week in many Samsung phones also in the same price as I have seen in Sam's C9 pro. Also volume is like that in android by default. That's the cons of being close to stock Android.

18. G_Syed_Ozzie_LimA
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2019

If you are talking about the Samsung pay available on their S series it's hardware level. it has a MST – Magnetic Secure Transmission – alongside NFC, which means it works with any payment terminal that accepts contactless payments or the more traditional method of swiping your card through the reader.

Abhay Gaikwad likes this.
  19. Philip R.
    Eclair Jun 26, 2019

Philip R. , Jun 26, 2019 :
    unfortunately I didn't know that until I got the phone and started using it. mainly got this one because of the flat screen and I wanted something different. kinda bought it because of all the flagship killer Hype lol. you are right. it's part of Android. I just checked my friends pixel 3xl and it's like that. you know why Samsung flagships are the benchmark. They give you everything!! +bloatware lol

20. G_Syed_Ozzie_LimA
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2019

lol agree with you. OnePlus comes close once you look past the shortcomings it does have flagship level performance. Flagship killer not really. Headphone jack killer. lol