And they have a moto 'Never Settle'

1. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Nov 22, 2017

The1Lion , Nov 22, 2017 :
    Not saying I agree with them, but they are a business and will do what they feel is going to help them sell their product. That product is currently the 5T. I really don't know why they decided not to implement facial SW on the 5 as it's basically the same phone internals and since it's the front camera that's the same in the 5 & 5T so you'd think they'd just make it so the SW builds could be somewhat identical thus reducing the development overhead for the two phones.

2. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Nov 22, 2017

Perhaps I am - just remember it and not liking it as lighting situations would cause it to fail more often than actually work :D

3. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Nov 22, 2017

Android OS is heading that same way - would you even consider a 16GB Android phone? Well, I guess to be honest the Android phones usually do have SD Card storage, although that can be a bit of a pain (wife has a Moto E4 and had a G4 Play which waiting on screen to repair) with storage management. It's annoying to move apps over to the SD card and if you forget, then you'll get the "no space to install" messages.

4. rkcougars
    Eclair Nov 22, 2017

rkcougars , Nov 22, 2017 :
    Try unlocking you phone while wearing gloves. Face unlock can be very very useful in those situations.

5. rkcougars
    Eclair Nov 22, 2017

I come from a phone that used to have a Facial unlock feature via Iris scan. I also found that after awhile that it wasn't very useful, and overall agree that it may be a bit gimmicky. But there are times when I honestly miss it. There are just some conveniences that come with it. Would I ever want it as the sole way to unlock a phone? No. but it's a nice option to have. Besides the whole point is, that OnePlus has settled and isn't bringing a feature to a phone that is perfectly, and I mean PERFECTLY (uses IDENTICAL HARDWARE). In my opinion OnePlus doesn't deserve the tagline #NeverSettle anymore. Because they are asking their current OP5 users to settle without an optional feature they they could easily have.

6. G_Julio_Mendoza_SLaf
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 22, 2017

G_Julio_Mendoza_SLaf , Nov 22, 2017 :
    If you're wearing gloves, how are you going to use the phone? And if you tell me that you have those gloves that allow you to use a touch screen, then why not just put in your password?

Cyanidebreathmint likes this.
  7. MightyMaster
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2017

MightyMaster , Nov 22, 2017 :
    The thing you could do was not to upgrade. But then you wanted feature and you do not want to compromise.
    Indeed it is correctly said there is enough to fulfill everyones need but not ones deed.

8. rkcougars
    Eclair Nov 22, 2017

Yes they are gloves that allow you to use the screen. Brilliant answer! Why don't we get rid of all fingerprint scanner a and facial recognition in all phones and put in our passwords Everytime! Boy you are so smart, OnePlus should hire you to work for them! Looking to unlock is far better than having to put in your pin every time you want to unlock your phone.

9. athaarv
    Jelly Bean Nov 22, 2017

athaarv , Nov 22, 2017 :
    I clearly see his comments getting more likes than any of yours combined

10. Vedant620

Vedant620 , Nov 22, 2017 :
    if you're wearing gloves you can't even use your phone properly let alone unlock it. Ever try typing while wearing gloves, yeah....

11. Vedant620

Vedant620 , Nov 22, 2017 :
    nvm apparently someone already brought that point up

12. G_Julio_Mendoza_SLaf

G_Julio_Mendoza_SLaf , Nov 22, 2017 :
    At this point you just seem to be complaining just to complain. Starting to remind me of the guy at 1600 Pennsylvania...

Cyanidebreathmint likes this.
  13. rkcougars
    Eclair Nov 22, 2017

How exactly is that complaining just to complain? I wear gloves every single day, and need to put in my passcode every time to unlock the phone. If the OP5T used different hardware, that is one thing. If I were to complain about not having a facial unlock feature on the OP5 because of hardware differences, you could accuse me of "complaining just to complain". But when they release a feature on the EXACT same hardware as the phone I bought only a couple months ago, and aren't planning to bring it to my phone for no justifiable reason whatsoever, I am justified in complaining. There is no reason that anyone has for not bringing over the option. on Reddit one of the OnePlus staff commented that the front fingerprint scanner provides a better experience. Great, why not let us decide for ourselves? I understand that OnePlus really struggled to make the OP5T look like a significant upgrade over the OP5 because there any a SD 836 chip. But I find it inexcusable for a company who boasts that they are centered on their fan base and touts the "Never Settle" motto to exclude identical hardware from a specific feature.

MightyMaster likes this.