Android 10 for TMO OnePlus 6T update

1. ironass
    Lollipop Dec 26, 2019

ironass , Dec 26, 2019 :
    It would appear that T-Mobile (USA) have not yet begun testing their own version of Android 10 for their 6T model according to T-Mobile Support. See... https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-41605

Therefore, the long standing rumours that the T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant would not see its own version of Android 10 until Q1 of 2020, (Jan-Mar 2020), look to be accurate.

See, also, the discussions about this on the T-Mobile forum...

Why is Android 10 taking forever on the OnePlus 6T?

OnePlus 6T Android 10

When will OnePlus 6T users receive Android 10 update?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020

JAGADISH BHATTA and TdBurke like this.
  2. ironass
    Lollipop Dec 29, 2019

ironass , Dec 29, 2019 :
    New update being rolled out for Android 9. See... Nov Security update OnePlus 6t

Well... that now definitely confirms the rumours that have abounded for the last couple of months, that the OnePlus 6T T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant would not receive an update to Android 10 until Q1 of 2020, (Jan: - Mar: 2020). :(

3. dj4aces
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2020

dj4aces , Jan 3, 2020 :
    Carriers have a history of delaying updates for their own purposes. Plus, with all the new models (7, 7 Pro, 7T) that have been released this year, all of those devices are ahead of the 6T to receive updates.

What I'm saying is, this should have been anticipated. Yeah, we hope to receive the update as soon as possible, but we should also understand that involving a carrier just adds another layer to the process. Considering the 7 Pro is now receiving the update, if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say we'll see one on the T-Mobile 6T within the next 4-6 weeks