Android 10 update issues / one plus 5t via OnePlus 5T

1. Atomic
    Eclair Jul 13, 2020

Atomic , via OnePlus 5T , Jul 13, 2020 :
    Hi,

I just want to say that I have been a oneplus customer since the oneplus one. If there is one thing that made this company stand out it will have to be the software. Although I am happy to see Android 10 land on my beloved 5T, I can clearly see how it was not optimized well enough before being pushed out to 5T devices. Here are some of the bugs I am facing and I hope you take it into consideration.

1) The battery. On Android 9 my 5T was a powerhouse, I keep NFC, BT, GPS, Data, Wifi on all the time and I use my phone for everything from NFC payments to GPS navigation to online browsing and even watching youtube. I used to get more than 6 hours SOT comfortably. After the update, I barely get 4 hours. This is honestly the worst thing about the update. I don't want to perform a factory reset because of all the apps I am using, that's the main reason I don't like to change phones often. I don't want to go through the set up process again which I believe is a valid point. I only wish that oneplus fixes this issue in the next incremental update. Sadly there is no way to revert to A9 while keeping your apps so now I am stuck waiting.

2) Google Chrome crashes ALOT. You have to go back home and reopen chrome to fix the crash. It is not ideal.

3) Although this was mentioned in the update, but the lack of EIS is clearly visible in the videos you take and it has made the camera mediocre. Now I feel it's not worth it to take a video. I also don't want to waste more battery.

4) the animation of the screen rotation in YouTube is very slow in comparison to A9. It affects the experience and makes the phone feel cheap.

Other than that, the A10 update seems cleaner than A9 and better organized in a sense. But If I had the option to revert without losing my apps (going back in time is the only way I guess) I would definitely do it. I wish I didn't update and waited for the next update but honestly to give credit to oneplus, I have never faced such issues on any of their updates. I always got the best experience when I updated. Oneplus please fix these issues :-( I am planning to keep using my phone for atleast 1 to 2 more years and with this battery life its impossible :-(

If anyone has any advice please let me know (I won't factory reset or root my device though)

Thanks!

2. dheraud
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2020

dheraud , Jul 14, 2020 :
    Ditto, I get the freezing issues in Chrome, that annoying bottom bar below the keyboard that can't be taken away, the awful battery life compared to A9, and the fact that the back gesture has changed and I keep opening the Assistant by mistake. Last but not least, it's broken my ability to transfer files to my phone as Android File Transfer keeps timing out on transfers that used to work on A9. All of it is really annoying! I'm about to downgrade.

3. Atomic
    Eclair Jul 14, 2020

Atomic , via OnePlus 5T , Jul 14, 2020 :
    I dont mind the bottom bar, and I got the old gestures by downloading setedit app (google it, its very simple). My battery is now 11% it usually would be 40% on A9 at this time. I didn't try android file transfer.

Good luck mate. I am patiently waiting oneplus to fix this. I regret the moment I clicked on download and install.

Mark√ likes this.
  4. jontalk
    Gingerbread Jul 14, 2020

jontalk , Jul 14, 2020 :
    I would urge all of you to chat with support, use the Community app>Feedback>Bug report tool as well. If you followed the original 10.0.0 release discussion, you'd see its over 320 pages long due to thousands of problem comments. I was stunned when the SAME build was made available for the SECOND time on OTA servers a few days ago. After chatting with support, I decided against installing it. They're taking an incredibly LONG time to develop a more stable version. Good things come to those who wait... :)

Atomic likes this.
  5. G_Ronen_Tveria_JMyj
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2020

G_Ronen_Tveria_JMyj , Jul 14, 2020 :
    Hi,
    Since last android 10 update, I have serious issues with my speaker, when I use speaker I can't hear the other party and the other party can't hear me. When I try to go back to phone it doesn't work.
    The same with bluethhoth, when I am in my car I can't hear anything.
    That makes my iPhone useless!
    Please your urgent support.
    Thanks!

6. Atomic
    Eclair Jul 15, 2020

Atomic , via OnePlus 5T , Jul 15, 2020 :
    I am glad you didn't update. The last A9 on this phone was insanely good. Thanks for your comment.

I will use the feedback tool now. I hope they fix these issues!

7. jontalk
    Gingerbread Jul 15, 2020

jontalk , via OnePlus 5T , Jul 15, 2020 :
    You're welcome and as I said I won't be updating until a stable version is released. And once it is, I will wait patiently and read comments on the thread before installing. I wish others would do the same. Being eager rather than cautious has its down side as you discovered. I recommend you have a detailed chat session with support too. God knows when the new build will be done though. It's been months already!

Atomic likes this.
  8. jontalk
    Gingerbread Jul 15, 2020

jontalk , via OnePlus 5T , Jul 15, 2020 :
    I neglected to ask whether you have done a factory reset / hard reset. This is a new version as you know and is therefore much different than a current version update. And while a lengthy process, it might cure many of the issues. Just make sure you back up the data before doing it.