4. Dhruv Kashyap
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 12, 2020

FlixbusLennart likes this.
  5. Ching_Nam_Ip
    Honeycomb Jun 12, 2020

6. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Jun 12, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 12, 2020 :
    Of some strange reason they call the International version North American NA like if they forgotten the rest of the world

Some_Random_Username and Dresa91 like this.
  7. derLenno
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 12, 2020

derLenno , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 12, 2020 :
    Woah! This one is much more usable than the Android 10 preview that we had on the previous devices last year. I'm pretty impressed :eek: Still a ton of bugs and issues, so don't flash this if you're not comfortable with using a test version.

NateDev likes this.
  8. G_Akil_Akku_wxCx
    Froyo Jun 12, 2020

9. derLenno
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 12, 2020

Stickied Post
    derLenno , Jun 12, 2020 :
    Hi guys,
    since many people liked the written detailed rollback guide when we had the Android 10/Q Preview last year, let's just throw this one in for 2020 as well! :)

Sir, how do I go back to Android 10?

Prerequisites
    • internet connection

Steps

A:
    Take a backup of your stuff. Everything will be erased once you flash the rollback build, so do a backup of your nudes before doing anything.

B: Download the rollback build that fits your device.
    If you are opening this from the Community app, you will get a white screen when you tap a link. On that white screen, tap the three dot menu and choose "Open in browser".
    This will start to automatically download your file.

C: Rename the file. (The reason for this is that the rollback build, for some reason, is downloaded as a JAR file, while the updater needs it to be a simple ZIP file.)
    Go to the File Manager app and navigate to the downloaded rollback build.

For example, if you are a European user with an 8 Pro, you should rename OnePlus8ProOxygen_15.E.17_OTA_017_all_2005100255_downgrade_2d24414aaa814738.zip.jar to OnePlus8ProOxygen_15.E.17_OTA_017_all_2005100255_downgrade_2d24414aaa814738.zip
    (Just get rid of the .jar extension)

[​IMG]

D: Move the file.
    The official guide says "root" directory. What is this? Well, doesn't have anything to do with rooting your device.
    It's just the thing that you see when you open the File Manager first. Here you see the "root" folder:

[​IMG]

This is where your file should be placed.

[​IMG]

E: Flash the rollback build.
    Follow these steps to get there. Your last chance to backup all your stuff, just saying! ;)
    • Settings
    • System
    • System updates
    • Gear icon (upper right corner)
    • Local upgrade
    • Tap the file
    [​IMG]

Thanks for reading, hope I could help a person or two.

JelleZon, rHITkM, MrMousey and 33 others like this.
  10. Sinnaz0709

Sinnaz0709 , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Jun 12, 2020 :
    Few questions... for anyone who flashed this build....

1. was your widevine DRM affected ( Dropped from L1 to L3) ?
    2. Green / Red Tint issue in dark Mode at low brightness, does this still exist ?
    3. "Black Crush" Issue where a black band from the punch hole camera presents itself at low brightness. Does this still exist or occur ?

Will be interested in knowing if some of these bugs that exist on OxygenOS 10.5 for the 8 / 8 Pro is still there on this Developer Build...

11. itchy67x
    Cupcake Jun 12, 2020

12. Ching_Nam_Ip
    Honeycomb Jun 12, 2020

13. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jun 12, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 12, 2020 :

FlixbusLennart

Hi guys,
    since many people liked the written detailed rollback guide when we had the Android 10/Q Preview last year, let's just throw this one in for 2020 as well!

Sir, how do I go back to Android 10?

Prerequisites

internet connection

Steps

A:
    Take a backup of your stuff. Everything will be erased once you flash the rollback build, so do a backup of your nudes before doing anything.

B: Download the rollback build that fits your device.
    If you are opening this from the Community app, you will get a white screen when you tap a link. On that white screen, tap the three dot menu and choose "Open in browser".
    This will start to automatically download your file.

Download links for OnePlus 8:

OnePlus 8 NA Version (Global users)

OnePlus 8 IN Version (Indian users)

OnePlus 8 EU Version (European users)

Download links for OnePlus 8 Pro:

OnePlus 8 Pro NA Version (Global users)

OnePlus 8 Pro IN Version (Indian users)

OnePlus 8 Pro EU Version (European users)

C: Rename the file. (The reason for this is that the rollback build, for some reason, is downloaded as a JAR file, while the updater needs it to be a simple ZIP file.)
    Go to the File Manager app and navigate to the downloaded rollback build.

For example, if you are a European user with an 8 Pro, you should rename OnePlus8ProOxygen_15.E.17_OTA_017_all_2005100255_downgrade_2d24414aaa814738.zip.jar to OnePlus8ProOxygen_15.E.17_OTA_017_all_2005100255_downgrade_2d24414aaa814738.zip
    (Just get rid of the .jar extension)

[​IMG]

D: Move the file.
    The official guide says "root" directory. What is this? Well, doesn't have anything to do with rooting your device.
    It's just the thing that you see when you open the File Manager first. Here you see the "root" folder:

[​IMG]

This is where your file should be placed.

[​IMG]

E: Flash the rollback build.
    Follow these steps to get there. Your last chance to backup all your stuff, just saying!

Settings

System

System updates

Gear icon (upper right corner)

Local upgrade

Tap the file

[​IMG]

Thanks for reading, hope I could help a person or two.​

The fact that you have to explain what people should do for roll back would suggest those that need these instructions should not be flashing beta software​

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020

happiboi and FlixbusLennart like this.
  14. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jun 12, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 12, 2020 :
    Can only amswer the first one as I dont have any of the other issues, the DRM level dropped to level 3 when updating to this beta, on 10.5.9 it was still L1

Sinnaz0709 likes this.
  15. Kmoney059
    Donut Jun 12, 2020

Kmoney059 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 12, 2020 :
    Y1562868249068

I flashed this yesterday and the issues I found with it (not a complaint BTW, just reporting what I found), firstly I have the EU version so this may be different to other peoples experiences:. 5G is enabled on the phone as well as dual sim for IN2023 However, volte and vowifi were turned off in Function switch so evem though the switch for wifi calling is present in enhanced communications it was useless. Starling Bank app would not open but that probably just needs to be updated. Google assistant would let you set it up but then would not work as mentioned in the known issues.

us version here looks like a port of Android 11 beta with dumbed down oxygen os... a lot of oxygen is features stripped in this version. also qhd doesn't work the aspect ratio is broken and time is behind holepunch. also qhd fingerprint won't work. have to stay on fhd to have phone properly work and it's still ever so slightly off in its aspect ratio. also icons most icons are reverted back to older icons such as camera. no vowfi. the close all open apps is reverted back to older method. clear all notifications is stock Android is pixel version. some settings are missing some haptics are broken. sometimes when screen is off the fingerprint and time get stuck which could cause burn in. seems like some duplicates were deleted in favor of stock Android such as clock app. (keyboard not vibration in press fix... go to keyboard settings and change to anything but default for vibration) will update more issues as I see them

UPDATE
    MAJOR BUG IN MY US VERSION VOLUME UP AND POWER FREEZE DEVICE INSTEAD OD BRINING UP POWER MENU AND YOU HAVE TO HOLD THEM FOR 10 PLUS SECONDS TO REBOOT.

Google play services will not update

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020

16. Ching_Nam_Ip
    Honeycomb Jun 12, 2020

17. SandeshChinchapur

18. SandeshChinchapur