Android 11 Beta (Developer Preview) for OnePlus 8 Series

1. SandeshChinchapur
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 12, 2020

SandeshChinchapur , via OnePlus 7 , Jun 12, 2020 :
    I hope one day OnePlus will give a proper amoled black dark mode. This stupid dark grey doesn't make justice to the beautiful AMOLED panel.

2. GeloTheGreat
    Froyo Jun 12, 2020

3. Drewgaren
    Froyo Jun 12, 2020

Drewgaren , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 12, 2020 :
    VoLTE yes seemed to work right away for me using my TMobile Sim on mg 8 Pro, i was expecting this to be the case but have not found it to be an issue as of yet. i have not tried a call over wifi yet. ill report back.

Y1562868249068 likes this.
  4. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jun 12, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 12, 2020 :
    I had the switches and both were on however it was not provisioned when I checked in the logkit

5. Drewgaren
    Froyo Jun 12, 2020

i run it and check it says it in call as well. i did just notice if you have tmobile visual voicemail does not seem to work using tmobiles app, or its just taking a really long provision time

6. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jun 12, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 12, 2020 :
    Will come back to it probably beta 3 to let things get sorted and added

7. Drewgaren
    Froyo Jun 12, 2020

ya everything will get sorted. Sorry my typing is horrible, im still trying to work the keyboard out on the beta. With gestures enabled it does not want to play nice.

8. patstar5
    Jelly Bean Jun 12, 2020

李玉章 likes this.
  9. NateDev
    Honeycomb Jun 12, 2020

NateDev , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 12, 2020 :
    OnePlus has said in the IDEAS section that they will not be adding such a feature.

10. patstar5
    Jelly Bean Jun 12, 2020

patstar5 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 12, 2020 :
    Ugh, they gonna make me switch to Samsung, really? Well guess if Google adds it to Android itself then it won't be an issue

11. samnhean
    Cupcake Jun 13, 2020

samnhean , Jun 13, 2020 :
    Lesson learned: never buy a carrier version of a OnePlus device because you won't get timely updates or beta's to test with. :(

-very sad Verizon OnePlus 8 user

12. nilanslg
    Eclair Jun 13, 2020

13. dentram@81
    Eclair Jun 13, 2020

14. Drewgaren
    Froyo Jun 13, 2020

Drewgaren , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 13, 2020 :
    Things that I have learned on my OP8Pro 11 Beta adventure: To start I have T-Mobile and am in a 5G area. Lets talk about service, my 5G service has been consistently better on the Android 11 beta then on the past Android 10 Oxygen builds, which is a huge plus. It has taken some tweaking to get the 11 beta actually working to a fully functional daily but now i have no huge issues.

Some things i have found working:
    -Dual SIM!
    -Video Calls (Duo, WhatsApp, FB, Many video chat apps seem to work that i have tested)
    -on T-Mobile my VoLTE is working, i cannot confirm if VoWifi is but im going to run another logcat and see if i can figure that one out.
    -Fingerprint scanner seems to work faster then Android 10 however the setup acts like it didn't read your prints but the are setup, if not set them up in settings.
    -New Notifications and a Dark Toggle.
    -Camera Improvements and Quick Share.
    - Netflix works, for those who it doesnt work for download the newest APK from Apk Mirror
    -Google Assistant works fine hitting the mic icon wherever Google is on your phone. swipe left to your feed or a widget whatever.
    -most apps and system functions, I'll mention more if I think of it.

What's not working:
    -Gesture navigation is messy
    -Google keyboard is not functional when using navigation gestures
    -Status bar misaligned in QHD+ mode
    -Time if enabled on QHD+ will be hidden behind camera if this is turned off, there is no way to turn it back on due to settings crashing.
    -Settings crashes in some areas
    -Dialer sometimes freezes requiring a restart of the phone
    -Some Apps May Crash
    -Google Login Does Not Work on All Apps or may ask repeatedly
    -No faceunlock yet
    -No Google Pay yet (Google is releasing an update for Beta users so stay tuned)
    -One handed Gestures
    -Developer Settings Crashes in more then a few places (bad especially in a beta)
    -Missing a few Oxygen OS Apps but that's ok
    -TMobile visual voicemail does not work
    -double tap to wake

My recommendation:
    -Run in FHD 120
    -Use the Back, Home Recent Navigation for this build until gestures are working properly and google keyboard will work this way
    -if you use Gesture navigation I highly recommend Microsoft swift key as you can resize and move the keyboard and will be able to use it better then GBoard
    -Use OnePlus Switch to backup and restore you phone.
    Double check your settings to your liking and be aware settings will crash do the best you can. Otherwise you shod have a pretty decent experience

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020

Letalis likes this.
  15. sudipsurve09
    Cupcake Jun 13, 2020

16. Saruf_Ratul
    Gingerbread Jun 13, 2020

17. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Jun 13, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 13, 2020 :
    If the intended use is early access to verifiy apps and for developer use does stuff like face unlock really matter?
    This is not even an open beta

18. DeeJaaWoo
    Gingerbread Jun 13, 2020