Android 11 Developer Preview 2 for the OnePlus 8 Series

1. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 30, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Yes no one is forcing you to update to the developer preview, the stable version is due around Sept 2020

2. Gillysixpence likes this.
  3. grymster
    Eclair Jul 30, 2020

grymster , Jul 30, 2020 :
    It does not trigger boot loop at least for CN devices but for sure triggers for EU devices.

4. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Have one yourself? If you are allowed to update the same components I don't see how the hardware model would matter

N1593679741757 likes this.
  5. grymster
    Eclair Jul 30, 2020

I have EU version and have this issue and many others with EU version also have the same issue.
    And at the same time on any forums I did not see owners of CN version having this issue.

6. certainty
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

certainty , Jul 30, 2020 :
    For starters, I don't think the CN version has the same OS - it's called Hydrogen OS (still Android 11 codebase underneath , of course) if I am not mistaken. Also, their update model must be completely different, since they do not access Google play services. You can't compare the two releases.

7. N1593679741757
    Eclair Jul 30, 2020

8. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Exactly... If the triggering factor is updated GSM they simply don't have that. But installing Oxygen OS DPs does not automatically disable it. But I assume connections if in China could be blocked and stop it from updating it.

9. Gillysixpence
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2020

Gillysixpence , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Welcome to the OP family. The 8 is my first too.

10. grymster
    Eclair Jul 30, 2020

Why do you not comment or explain boot loop issue???

Huigiebaby likes this.
  11. palp2169
    Cupcake Aug 3, 2020

12. Huigiebaby
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 3, 2020

Huigiebaby , Aug 3, 2020 :
    It's a strange OP mentality I'll never understand. They always talk about us and we, never settle but when shit hits the fan they seem invisible...

DaveKaz likes this.
  13. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Yeah. This is a great example of when to post some official comments and sticky it or update info in first post.

I can only guess what has happened. The automatically updated components as far as I can tell is GMS and that makes the OS go nuts... The only thing they can do if that is the case is to release a DP that does not act that way when those components gets updated.

They do however give warnings, even marked red in the description. Does not make an excuse to not comment on the issue though.

14. Staufengalen
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2020

Staufengalen , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    I do not understand. oneplus Launches a dp2 of android 11 beta but none or a few can install because the update to 10.5.9 (EU) and various does not allow it and there is no way to solve ??

15. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Aug 3, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 3, 2020 :
    The only way to install if you have a newer firmware is to roll back to .8 first, the link to roll back is at the beginning of the thread. I don't believe it was .9 that DP2 was stopped by it was later.

With the amount of people bricking their phones I don't know why anyone would want to risk it at this time.

16. Staufengalen
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2020

Staufengalen , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 4, 2020 :
    I installed the dp 1 and then the 2 that worked regularly. Then I went back to the Android 10 sol version because there was excessive overheating. At a distance I wanted to try dp2 again. the device restarted repeatedly but I managed to roll back at the speed of light by deactivating wifi mobile data etc. etc. since then the fingerprint does not work. I memorize it but after a few minutes it disappears.

17. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Aug 4, 2020

18. elmexiken
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2020

elmexiken , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 4, 2020 :
    So the consensus is DON'T flash this version?? Seems like a lot of bootloop stories. I have the T-Mo version, which I flashed the international version to it.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020

SteveCP likes this.
  19. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Aug 4, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Defo not

Huigiebaby and elmexiken like this.