Android 11 Developer Preview 3 with OxygenOS 11 Design and Features for the OnePlus 8 Series

1. prfraczek
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2020

prfraczek , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 12, 2020 :
    It will not change. They will create another thread about it ie what is our opinion but it will not change anything. Same story all the time.

2. SandeshChinchapur
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 12, 2020

SandeshChinchapur , Aug 12, 2020 :
    So all these users giving feedback is like crying, great! What about the tech world reacting to this new UI? It seems 7/10 aren't happy with this and think it no more close to stock UI but a copy of One UI.
    If OnePlus considers these feedbacks as "cry" then god save them, I bet many of us will be changing the brand next time.

3. Pasier89
    Donut Aug 12, 2020

Pasier89 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Samsung made one handed apps very good so if Oneplus will combine one handed ui with stock look (not candy rounded Samsung ui) then its ok. The fact is that google with stock Android not moving forward, everything looks uglier than before

4. Igge_1971 , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Aug 12, 2020 :
    A lot of us are disappointed with the UI change.

I think it actually looks pretty good but still for me something I didn't expect from OP. Was hoping for a UI close to stock but I think this is what we will have now.

They have put alot of work into this so I seriously doubt they will change now.

No I just look forward to Open beta [e]1f601[/e]

5. Zod96
    Froyo Aug 12, 2020

6. imdega
    Donut Aug 12, 2020

7. Pasier89
    Donut Aug 12, 2020

Pasier89 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 12, 2020 :
    On this thread is only about 50 people complaining about new look. Guess how much already installed Oxygen11 and they are satisfied ? Deffinitely more... So you are only a drop on entire sea.

I1587853815730 likes this.
  8. prfraczek
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2020

prfraczek , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Actually I am waiting for iPhone 12. I've been fan of android since HTC HD2 but not anymore. There is no good android phone currently on the market - last one was oneplus but... it is sucked by sheep now.

9. SandeshChinchapur

Only about 50?? Really?
    Well, you need to revisit the thread from first.

10. Zod96
    Froyo Aug 12, 2020

Zod96 , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Exactly, I see way more people here and on One plus thread on Reddit that hate the new UI than love it...

SandeshChinchapur likes this.
  11. eturkeshi
    Donut Aug 12, 2020

eturkeshi , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Hello guys. I have some problems with Android 11 dp3 on oneplus 8 pro. I tried changing the display size on the settings, to something smaller because with the new font things look bigger, but instead it got bigger and everything I do, it still stays big. Even changing back to the size it was before. I cannot use WhatsApp because I cannot see what I'm typing, because the keyboard stays on top of the place where you write. Also there's this transparent bar under the keyboard which previously was black, and my keyboard looks like it's floating, which I hate it. Anyone knows how to fix the display size problem?

12. M1595323564121
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2020

M1595323564121 , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Hi I'm a one plus 8 user.... I just wanted to know when will all of us get the oxygen os 11 update and will the bluetooth autoconnect issues be resolved any sooner....... please let ne if any of you users are facing the bluetooth autoconnect issues as I'm facing

13. Ashokkarthik@AK
    Donut Aug 12, 2020

Ashokkarthik@AK , via OnePlus 7 , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Oneplus change the user interface like Samsung's one ui so oxygen os is no longer stock like ui if they don't fix that no reason to buy oneplus hope they fix this and change like stockish like ui

14. Mickey1995
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2020

Mickey1995 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 12, 2020 :
    I just installed the developer preview 3 of Oxygen OS 11 which is based upon Android 11.I would like to suggest that the new UI overhaul isn't good and a lot of people are criticising it by saying that it's a mock-up of One UI.Though the new UI change is focussed upon one hand usage,the overall layout doesn't feels stockish enough for which Oxygen OS was famous for.Also please reduce the font size which is way too big like the one in Settings panel or even phone dialler. Kindly look into this since stable version of Oxygen OS 11 is yet to be released.

sravan donugari likes this.
  15. Zod96
    Froyo Aug 12, 2020

Zod96 , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Well it looks like changing the battery setting fixed the AOD turning off. It stays on now....

gregor_zrh and ChristianEngen like this.
  16. SandeshChinchapur

Two of the worst things happened in Android history:

1) Samsung flagships with Exynos in India
    2) OnePlus ditching stock android

17. Zod96
    Froyo Aug 12, 2020

Zod96 , Aug 12, 2020 :
    That is the other thing, the fonts and text are way way to gigantic. It's like you have handicapped mode on for people with bad eye sight....lol

Mac_User84 likes this.
  18. Mac_User84
    Donut Aug 12, 2020

Mac_User84 , Aug 12, 2020 :
    there's a bug with WhatsApp, when you attempt to compose a message the keyboard hangs over the text bubble area so you are unable to see what you have composed and it also means the send button is being blocked.

eturkeshi likes this.
  19. Mac_User84
    Donut Aug 12, 2020

Mac_User84 , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Also, why is there no OnePlus shelf, again, on swipe right from home screen? I like to have notifications show when I swipe down so that is of no use to me, and I do not want the Google Discovery Feed on swipe right. @OnePlus hurry up and change this and bring back the shelf on swipe right, it was one of the best features about your phone's and Oxygen OS.