Android 11 Developer Preview 3 with OxygenOS 11 Design and Features for the OnePlus 8 Series

1. Chendil
    Froyo Aug 13, 2020

2. PhantomHack
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2020

PhantomHack , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 13, 2020 :
    If OnePlus want to make changes to their built in apps like the dialer, clock, weather or even settings that's fine I can live with that. But please leave the core UI alone, don't mess with the notification shade, the lock screen, gesture navigation, the multitasking menu or the quick settings toggles. These are areas of the OS users have to deal with on a daily basis and cannot replace with third party alternatives, keep these as Google has designed them.

I hope Oxygen OS remains the best version of Android but I am worried about the direction OnePlus is headed in. Please focus on the principles that have made OnePlus beloved to millions of past and current users rather than chasing mythical goals that will apparently allow the brand to achieve more mainstream success.

3. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2020

4. Cervantes
    Moderator Moderator Aug 13, 2020

Cervantes , Aug 13, 2020 :
    Hi
    Please, use the latest DP3 for questions and comments, read the first post:

Use the search engine before opening a new thread
    https://forums.oneplus.com/help/terms
    Thread merged

Best regards, Cervantes, Forum Moderator

5. Kumarrahulpatil
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2020

6. desmo1967ss
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2020

7. desmo1967ss
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2020

8. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Aug 13, 2020 :
    Because they obviously updated the rollback frmware from DP1 and 2 to .10 instead of .7 or .8

9. Kumarrahulpatil
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2020

Kumarrahulpatil , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 13, 2020 :
    I got only one icon pack in that 10.5.10 rollback and calling icon is very bad it's changed

10. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2020

11. Kumarrahulpatil
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2020

12. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2020

Kumarrahulpatil likes this.
  13. Hassky
    Donut Aug 13, 2020

14. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2020

15. Moshaggy79
    Eclair Aug 13, 2020

16. Pasier89
    Donut Aug 13, 2020

Pasier89 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 13, 2020 :
    Notification shade is almost the same, only cosmetics. What's wrong with it ?

17. rafa1
    Eclair Aug 13, 2020

rafa1 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 13, 2020 :
    Please do not go out of what set you apart, what made people know you and what stood you out. I am talking about having a UI close to android stock. With the new design Oxygenos looks like another UI, I am pretty sure that a lot of your fans are not going to like this. https://www.androidcentral.com/with-single-update-oneplus-ruined-oxygenos, there are articles already.

Please take this seriously, otherwise Oneplus users like me are going to switch. I thought Oxygenos was better than Pixel, that's why I switched from Samsung. But if you move from your roots, then it will not be worth it to stay in Oxygenos.

Atanu Maji likes this.
  18. PhantomHack
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2020

The massive date text in the top right and the inclusion of the brightness slider uses up space that was previously dedicated to showing notifications. If auto-brightness is working correctly there is no need to force a brightness slider into the notification shade and increasing the size of the date just wastes space without providing any useful benefits.

It feels too similar to OneUI to me, a crowded badly organised notification shade that distracts rather than providing a clean space to display notifications and quick settings. Google's minimalist approach to the notification shade is far better in my view.

19. PhantomHack
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2020

I'm also very disappointed by this change, the current lock screen is fine! Why deviate from stock for aesthetics alone? OnePlus users prefer the stock look which is why they choose Oxygen OS!

20. Pasier89
    Donut Aug 13, 2020

Pasier89 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 13, 2020 :
    Actually adding brightness slider and larger clock above the quick setting icons moves the notifications lower, so they are easily reachable with one hand.
    Google messed up with notifications because when you will have notification too high and you want to expand notification shade second time, notifications will be minimized to small strip which you can't click. That was annoying...

Now for me it's easier to use.

aarish6277 likes this.