Android 11 killed Android Auto in Volvo XC90 via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. G_Andrew_Bourke_EqaF , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 10, 2021 :
    Both my wife and I have OP7Pro.
    They recently got the stable release of Android 11.

I drive a Toyota Hilux 2018 with Kenwood headunit. My android auto still works.

My wife drives a Volvo XC90 2018. Her Android Auto, after Android 11 update, does not work. The phone receives charge only.

Her phone connected in my car works fine.

My phone connected to her car also doesn't work.

This issue appears to be a compatibility issue between Android 11/OOS 11 and the Volvo headunit itself.

Can anyone help with this?

Everything worked in the Volvo flawlessly before Android 11.

2. Liehjan
    Marshmallow May 10, 2021

Liehjan , May 10, 2021 :
    I have 7pro with Android 11 and have issues with V60 2020 android auto too...

Tokolozi likes this.
  3. AndrewHunn
    Cupcake May 12, 2021

AndrewHunn , via OnePlus 7T Pro 5G , May 12, 2021 :
    Hey! I had this same issue but in my 2017 chevy malibu. After talking to oneplus support, I was told to go to settings > system > Reset options > Reset wifi, mobile, and Bluetooth.

This worked for me and I have a oneplus 7t pro mclaren edition on Android 11.

G_Andrew_Bourke_EqaF likes this.
  4. G_Andrew_Bourke_EqaF , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 24, 2021 :
    Thanks for the advice. I have that a go and it didn't work in my case unfortunately. I've also spoken with my local Volvo service centre. They haven't heard of this yet, I am the first, and the car has the latest update on the headunit itself.

I think I'm going to have to look at rolling the phone back to android 10 so that it does work, until the compatibility issue is resolved with Android 11.

AndrewHunn likes this.