Android 12 via OnePlus Nord N10 5G

InfinyMind and shalomtubul like this.
  2. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Dec 4, 2021

Liehjan , Dec 4, 2021 :
    N10 was promised one major android version. And as it shipped with A11 it should get A12.

Edit: it shipped with A10 and was promised only one major update.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021

InfinyMind and shalomtubul like this.
  3. jpietrzak8 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G T-Mobile , Dec 4, 2021 :
    No, Android 11 is as far as the N10 will go. Android upgrades have become one of the features distinguishing high-end phones from less expensive ones.

I don't mind this. Android apps are pretty capable of running on a wide range of Android versions, and as long as security updates are continued on the N10 (which they will be for years to come), it makes very little difference what version of Android you are running. I still use my old LG G5s running Android 8 when I don't have my N10 available, and they still run all the apps I need. :)

InfinyMind, shalomtubul and drl431 like this.
  4. jpietrzak8 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G T-Mobile , Dec 4, 2021 :
    Actually, the N10 originally shipped with A10, so A11 is as far as it is supposed to go. The N10 hardware is, of course, plenty capable of running A12 (and probably many future versions), but OnePlus would have to buck the entire industry to do that. These companies want to upsell you to their higher end models, so it makes sense to limit optional upgrades to those models. And Android upgrades, while nice to have, are not necessary to continue using the phone.

5. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Dec 4, 2021

Liehjan , Dec 4, 2021 :
    Thanks, I remember wrong which version it shipped with. Edited my post :)

InfinyMind likes this.

Liehjan likes this.
  8. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Dec 9, 2021

Liehjan , Dec 9, 2021 :
    It isn't an iPhone, it's a budget like from OnePlus that where promised one major android update. But of course security updates will continue to come.

9. InfinyMind , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G , Dec 9, 2021 :
    Claro que sí, seguridad pero es mejor seguridad with OS Upgrade , I mean the paranoia of cellphones like mean the 5G Spider Web good of the Providers of Voice and Internet , calls, messages, and the OS , I don't got red 5G not by don't have money if not by my countrie don't have Infresthorchorchor xD old president [(English)don't know] well maybe 10 years in the Future , AMLO is the president and talk slowly very jejeje that's funny because fight that posture like Genre ok Music - Banda - 6ta Symphony hehehe , well I breath ... XD

shalomtubul likes this.
  10. jpietrzak8 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G T-Mobile , Dec 9, 2021 :
    I'm not sure having the latest and greatest Android (or iOS) version is all that important. Many years ago, each new version provided significant new features and improvements; but these days, Android is a solid and full-featured product. Android 11 should be perfectly capable of driving your phone well into the future. :)

drl431 likes this.