Android 9 Community Beta 2 for OnePlus 3/3T

1. PCesar.Cercal
    KitKat May 8, 2019

2. abhibnl
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 8, 2019

abhibnl , May 8, 2019 :
    It shouldn't have bricked your device unless you did some funny stuff. No, I am on OOS 5.0.8 Oreo with a custom kernel. I am not ready to test CB "Again" unless they allow it to be flashed on encrypted storage with unlocked bootloader.

3. abhibnl
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 8, 2019

4. ramakrishna2000
    Cupcake May 8, 2019

5. Bierten77
    Froyo May 8, 2019

Bierten77 , May 8, 2019 :
    I think the file is in the wrong location after downloading. Make sure it's moved from your download folder to the root of your internal storage.

6. ANNY PATIL
    Eclair May 8, 2019

ANNY PATIL , May 8, 2019 :
    I double Checked it.. Ok if it's storage location is wroong.. I also try from recovery mode also.. It says Installation failed..

7. AnuGeorge
    Gingerbread May 8, 2019

AnuGeorge , May 8, 2019 :
    This is the way to encourage them by telling the fact that how long we have waited patiently for their upgrade Ver.

B1537440063535 and Ranjithsmart like this.
  8. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow May 8, 2019

ghostofcain , May 8, 2019 :
    Few people reporting battery drain in CB2, obviously as it only released yesterday, or Oreo. I suggest YOU sort YOUR battery drain out.

A little earlier to draw a conclusion wouldn't you say.

As you'd expect in the immediate aftermath of installing a new ROM.

If it's in the wrong folder you can't install it from recovery either.

9. PCesar.Cercal
    KitKat May 8, 2019

10. m.parvage
    Froyo May 8, 2019

T1508205681473 likes this.
  11. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow May 8, 2019

12. PCesar.Cercal
    KitKat May 8, 2019

13. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow May 8, 2019

ghostofcain , May 8, 2019 :
    I'm sure your feedback and bug reports will go a long way to making it less ****, in future.

Bug report filed?

14. PTuT
    Jelly Bean May 8, 2019

PTuT , May 8, 2019 :
    Why such a pessimism? So far we had 2 betas so it shows a commitment. But you are welcome to stay on the current stable if you have no trust in OP engineers. I personally believe they will fix the issues and make the upgrade to a stable Android 9 a nice experience for all users (in my case for a phone with unlocked bootloader).

Bierten77 likes this.
  15. Guilherme_Pereira
    Eclair May 8, 2019

Guilherme_Pereira , May 8, 2019 :
    not really, the battery drawn was in the fist as well. I cleaned the cache, but it fell a bit lagging, before they told the battery need a time to adapt, but wasn't the case, till this update the battery was draining too fast, in this it stills.

16. Max Landau
    Cupcake May 8, 2019

Max Landau , May 8, 2019 :
    Hi, I have a question.
    I installed the Android 9 Community Beta 2 Update for my one plus 3.
    can I delete the Android 9 Community Beta 1 folder from my storage or do I have to wait till the officell Android 9 Update comes Out?
    and then I could delete the beta folders ?

17. Sreeram R
    Cupcake May 8, 2019

Sreeram R , May 8, 2019 :
    guys I found a serious bug in which my fingerprints got erased after a restart and I was not able to setup more than one fingerprint as I did before . But after setting up the first one it works with all my older 3 other fingerprints although it's not showing in the settings. In settings it's shown as one fingerprint setup. I think this update is a lot buggy than the previous one

Last edited: May 8, 2019

18. NeelavarSumanth
    Gingerbread May 8, 2019

NeelavarSumanth , May 8, 2019 :
    i said exactly what i did . i was running on Lineage 16.1 Nightly build . and i flashed closed beta build Through TWRP, then it go into Boot loop and went back to TWRP Formated the whole Internal Storage including the OS . i Flashed it again ,Boot Loop Again . so did a Format of Internal storage and flashed the Oxygen recovery through Fastboot and Installed the Closed beta build Through that . It bricked and had to use the Factory tool

i was telling a short version of this story in the last Reply.

19. Endri_Matodashaj
    Gingerbread May 8, 2019

20. G_SpEeDCubER__NiKa_jcqg
    Gingerbread May 8, 2019