Android 9 Community Beta 2 for OnePlus 3/3T

1. ghostofcain Lollipop May 21, 2019

ghostofcain, May 21, 2019 :
    You sure, if you haven't got the time to read the thread, that you've got the time to deal with the potential issues of beta testing?

2. rameez0307 Honeycomb May 21, 2019

rameez0307, May 21, 2019 :
    these guys are still arguing with you..o wait, giving excuses for still no update for 1+3.. dammm you are lucky.. luuuuul

3. Q1511371164493 Eclair May 21, 2019

Q1511371164493, May 21, 2019 :
    yep thread is long, thought i would get response from someone ACTUALLY using the beta..but look what i got here..
    people on nougat

4. keithgpowell Ice Cream Sandwich May 21, 2019

keithgpowell, May 21, 2019 :
    So you want/need to be spoon fed? The thread is only about 80 pages. It's difficult to spoon feed nougat anyway.

Perhaps if you weren't so lazy, you would read the OP to find the link to where bugs and "bugs" have been reported by serious beta users.

ghostofcain likes this.
  5. rmkimathi Donut May 21, 2019

rmkimathi, May 21, 2019 :
    Same happened to mine first 2 calls then fixed itself afterwards

6. gazz1701 Jelly Bean May 21, 2019

gazz1701, May 21, 2019 :
    Now you see, if you were the CEO you would hopefully be surrounded by more realistic and practical people, who would say "ah but sir, from a risk management view, releasing a new major OS update right before we launch a new model is too risky... what if we have serious issues with the update, that starts bricking phones... what if we have serious issues with the new model... can we manage potential situation wth the resources we have?"... so on the real world, that's why things like that rarely happen.

I'm imaging you as an Elon Musk kind of CEO...

ghostofcain likes this.
  7. abhi2411 Gingerbread May 21, 2019

abhi2411, May 21, 2019 :
    why would there be issues with the update ?? no 1. I would tell my team to release the beta version 30-40 days before my new model launches. few days before the launch i would release the stable version. and no.2 this will never impact the new model. there are very few ppl of that mentally who think "oh my old phone got an update so I won't buy a new one now". infact people will start trusting the company more if they speak about supporting old devices before the launch of a new device. and as far as resources are concerned , Oneplus is not a small company anyone they are competing with apple. ya 2-3 yrs back this wouldn't have been possible. but now it certainly is. not at all the times before the launch you need to give system updates. you can even give security patches days before the new lauch and then speak about the improvements you made, which will make the audience again feel that our old phones are being spoken about. I would have definitely done that - releasing pie a few days before and then speaking about it in the launch for few mins.

vickyraj87! likes this.
  8. Fursan Afzal Ice Cream Sandwich May 22, 2019

Fursan Afzal, May 22, 2019 :
    maybe treble will mean faster update to q for 5/5T.

9. abhi2411 Gingerbread May 22, 2019

abhi2411, May 22, 2019 :
    no information whether 5 will get Q or not.

10. diabdev Cupcake May 22, 2019

11. Ankitbhat12345 Jelly Bean May 22, 2019

G_plusone likes this.
  12. skoey Gingerbread May 22, 2019

skoey, May 22, 2019 :
    Shit posts like this also add no value. You are complaining just for the sake of it. This is a beta, so therefore things might not work as expected, however to HELP the team, try sharing more information rather than just a "shit post". For example you might want to share what troubleshooting steps you've taken, share what apps are being reported as consuming the battery life, share what analysis makes you think the battery life is "shit" in comparison to the earlier private community beta.

Additionally you could consider submitting bug report (as per the documented process) in the OP of this thread (same process as the bug reporting process in the Beta 1 thread).

I wish this community was interested in collaborating not just shit talking and complaining. Okay to have negative feedback, but provide it constructively and via appropriate channels.

13. skoey Gingerbread May 22, 2019

skoey, May 22, 2019 :
    Clearly you want more information about your 5/5T, but posting in a thread that is clearly about the 3/3T isn't going to get you the answer you want. Posting for the sake of posting is just poor form.

ghostofcain likes this.
  14. skoey Gingerbread May 22, 2019

skoey, May 22, 2019 :
    Fair enough, the BETA is not for everyone. It is a beta after all. I've been on this BETA2 on the OP3 and had a few minor issues, but nothing that warrants downgrading back to Oreo. Hopefully you submitted some bug reports/feedback (as per documented steps in OP) to help the development team.

keithgpowell, ghostofcain and diabdev like this.
  15. abhi2411 Gingerbread May 22, 2019

abhi2411, May 22, 2019 :
    skoey

Clearly you want more information about your 5/5T, but posting in a thread that is clearly about the 3/3T isn't going to get you the answer you want. Posting for the sake of posting is just poor form.

i never asked about Oneplus 5. i dont even have a Oneplus 5 first of all. some other user asked so I answered. for your information fursan afsal asked.

16. skoey Gingerbread May 22, 2019

skoey, May 22, 2019 :
    My mistake there - was frustrated from reading the many spammy posts. No need to use language like "idiot", a simple mistake to make. :)

ghostofcain likes this.
  17. gazz1701 Jelly Bean May 22, 2019

gazz1701, May 22, 2019 :
    Right - so you changed your mind already, good to see my words made you think... you've gone from originally releasing one day before to now releasing a few days before.

That's a good CEO (pat pat).

Kx1707 likes this.
  18. Kx1707 Froyo May 22, 2019

Kx1707, May 22, 2019 :
    It's really hilarious how some people think... little to no knowledge of product life cycle, marketing, pricing models and yet they are not ashamed to make unnecessary statements.

Now there are complaints about the betas, tomorrow there will still be complaints about the stable version - you can get no satisfaction, you will never be happy with what you have.

With Nougat the performance was better than what it is now with Oreo, no surprise if it happens again when moving to Pie... it's a compromise to make. (Just an example, not necessarily performance, could be battery life, etc.)

It's a cruel world, manufacturers have different strategies, and priorities. You can't expect everyone to follow the same path. Otherwise, there will be no more competition -> no competition means no more competitive prices, no more creativity, etc.

Cheers!

AnuGeorge likes this.
  19. G_plusone Lollipop May 22, 2019

G_plusone, May 22, 2019 :
    Too bad

20. jrsamp Froyo May 22, 2019

jrsamp, May 22, 2019 :
    And who told you that I spoke in your name?
    You wanna bet it's not just me?