Android 9 Pie, Dissatisfied

1. GabrielA.
    Donut Dec 12, 2018

GabrielA. , Dec 12, 2018 :
    Hello there OnePlus community

I'm very sorry and disappointed to say that less than 10 minutes after I update my OnePlus to A. 9 Pie, I realized that Android and Google isn't what it used to be.
    My main issues is with multitasking or to better describe it, switching between apps and the overview. An hour ago on Oreo, with one touch I could see ALL my opened apps and with just 2 touches I could jump onto my desired app. This new look of swiping between apps in Pie, doesn't let me to see at once if the desired app is even opened which is very frustrating. This new Ui redesign is like a carbon copy of iOS, why take something from Oreo, which was working good, brilliant and beautiful and make a mess out of it? Why??
    If I wanted my Ui to look similar to iOS, I'll be definitely buying an iPhone which I totally dislike, it stinks. And now my OnePlus starts to stink with this new update. I hate it and I want to roll back. The only reason I've updated was because of adaptive battery life which made me think I can get some more daily usage before I need to plugin. When Oreo came out, it was heavily advertised, improved battery life, now they did the same thing with Pie, but they called it adaptive battery. That feature can very easily be implemented straight in Oreo as a feature.
    This Android Pie just feels more like iOS, everybody gets tired of inventing something new and decides that it's easier to copy Apple. Shame on you Google guys and OnePlus should ask us about this big changes, it's A very different life for me switching between apps on Oreo and doin the Same thing on this Pie shii.....

Gabriel is very disappointed!!!

2. Mead76
    Froyo Dec 12, 2018

Mead76 , Dec 12, 2018 :
    haven't updated... don't think I ever will. battery life with Oreo is awesome! no problems at all! op6 with Oreo is the Android phone I have been waiting for for a long time! DOWN WITH PIE!!!

GabrielA. likes this.
  3. GabrielA.
    Donut Dec 12, 2018

True that bro, it only makes it worse, Oreo was brilliant, I was so stupid to update, I did with the thought in mind that I could roll back, now I found myself in a frustrating situation.
    But this new Ui of Android Pie really looks like my brother's new iOS thing, he on the other hand likes his OS.
    Those people are unbelievable, in general people will talk, yeah hi hi hi, it nice, it's like iPhone, I will buy that.
    Google gets corrupted because of what happened with EU union. They gotta pay EU over 1 billion euros in some legal debate and the strategy guys decided to copy Apple because this will definitely generate further success and I feel it does because most people (not us) are stupid and are falling for something that is already implemented in their Brains. Google only needed to change their tools.

4. Horsault
    Moderator Moderator Dec 12, 2018

Horsault , Dec 12, 2018 :
    A 10 minutes experience is quite short for a real experience, if one considers the amount of time you took to type this.
    This is called software evolution.

5. GabrielA.
    Donut Dec 12, 2018

Not for me! Not for others! It's called Copying which is equivalent to stealing!

6. varma246
    Lollipop Dec 12, 2018

varma246 , Dec 12, 2018 :
    TBH, Nobody cares!
    Just use the device for a week or so, you'll get used it.

If it bothers you much then rollback to Oreo but your device won't get the latest security patches.

7. GabrielA.
    Donut Dec 12, 2018

Don't care about security patches, never ever did. Do you mind helping me roll back?

8. HTK
    Honeycomb Dec 12, 2018

HTK , Dec 12, 2018 :
    Love how user cry for updates and then complain more when they get it:rolleyes:

You should do some research before you update to a new version of an os. Just saying. I think you should use it for a day or two before jumping conclusions.

9. GabrielA.
    Donut Dec 12, 2018

I'm I wrong to cry about the most important feature for me that I make use of every single time I use my phone? I never cried for an update, I cry when that update takes away something that was there and now is gone!

omgmodori likes this.
  10. PokiX
    Jelly Bean Dec 12, 2018

PokiX , Dec 12, 2018 :
    But contrary to iOS it's possible and very simple to change versions. People taste are all different so I personally understand.
    From the phone download full Oreo ROm (there's a thread somewhere with links) and in settings update perform local installation.

11. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Dec 12, 2018

Dresa91 , Dec 12, 2018 :
    My humor.
    Howl first and make stress and then, when Pie is there, they howl and go back to Oreo.
    But Pie was so important for survival.

stark2991_PL, the_o2, HTK and 2 others like this.
  12. HTK
    Honeycomb Dec 12, 2018

HTK , Dec 12, 2018 :
    If i am not mistaken your only option will be to flash the beta build if you are not rooted. Someone correct me if am wrong. https://www.oneplus.com/support/softwareupgrade

Artemus. likes this.
  13. Jovericain
    Gingerbread Dec 12, 2018

HTK and Paul_W_ like this.
  14. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Dec 12, 2018

BobbyV8_ , Dec 12, 2018 :
    This should answer your question

Dresa91 likes this.
  15. HTK
    Honeycomb Dec 12, 2018

Jovericain likes this.
  16. Jovericain
    Gingerbread Dec 12, 2018

HTK likes this.
  17. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Dec 12, 2018

KeepTransisting , Dec 12, 2018 :
    WE WANT PIE
    OMG WE WANT PIE
    WHERE IS OUR PIE

"Here's your Pie"

OMG I HATE PIE

By the way, you do realize that you're also flashing beta software that is in no way 100% indicative of what the final release will be, right?

18. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Dec 12, 2018

Dresa91 , Dec 12, 2018 :
    indeed.

19. Jovericain
    Gingerbread Dec 12, 2018

Jovericain , Dec 12, 2018 :
    like..... really!! this thread is disturbing!

20. Cheetosdust
    Junior Moderator Junior Moderator Dec 12, 2018

Cheetosdust , Dec 12, 2018 :
    Cheetosdust is very sad to read that.