Android Authority: OP3 Review - 3hr SOT The 820 sucks

1. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Moderator Moderator Jun 30, 2016

Maximus Decimus Meridius , Jun 30, 2016 :
    can't even think of methods that will get the SOT below 3hrs. Maybe some heavy multitasking, streaming, decoding, with every possible module fully stressed.

you guys remember what Android Authority also said? even cache'd site got removed: http://imgur.com/POBySl3

2. malidan
    Nougat Jun 30, 2016

malidan , Jun 30, 2016 :
    Lol I take it you forgot to mention that in your ORIGINAL statement some omission that:rolleyes:

3. ungeeked
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 30, 2016

ungeeked , Jun 30, 2016 :
    I like how you pick the worst point in every review. Why not quote Anandtech on battery life. They did a scientific test on battery life too. But I think you only like the display section of that review.

Dash charge provides 65% in 30mins which is at par with Oneplus's claims of 60%.

Helbro likes this.
  4. malidan
    Nougat Jun 30, 2016

malidan , Jun 30, 2016 :
    Did you watch the video if you did what's your point
    Did you watch MKBHD'S if you did what's your point
    They all got the same:rolleyes:
    Maybe that's why OP killed the phones ability to hold apps in memory, to get he extra juice.
    Didn't you every wonder why they would have 6GB of ram and not allow you to use it?:rolleyes:

5. malidan
    Nougat Jun 30, 2016

malidan , Jun 30, 2016 :
    If your referring to me the X20 has proved itself to be better than the 810, you buy thought was the biz
    And as I said 6 1/2 hrs sot with 22% left.
    I bet you wish you could get near that don't you.:D
    The Ignorant bias against mtek is comical I won't be long before one of the big boys uses one.

6. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Jun 30, 2016

Baymax , Jun 30, 2016 :
    This doesn't appear to be the case from other reviewers. Why are you being so negative? [​IMG]

josefn24, MrPuma and SadButTrue like this.
  7. Baymax

Baymax , Jun 30, 2016 :
    Even the X10 isn't bad. It is the lack of good support that really gets me though. Snapdragons are a bit easier to dev for, hence why there are more ROMs out there for Snapdragon over Mediatek. [​IMG]

josefn24 likes this.
  8. MrPuma
    Honeycomb Jun 30, 2016

MrPuma , Jun 30, 2016 :
    You should really stop to base all your rants and complaints on reviews and videos.
    Everyone uses the phone differently. If you have something to complain than base that on your own usage of the phone otherwise the only right to complain has the reviewer himself. Get yourself an opinion, thats absolutely fine, but don't try to create thousands of threads complaining about the phone without actually owning it..
    I go through your posts and all I see is, "I dont like that, OP didnt do that right, they never do" bla bla.

Thanks in advance...

9. Maximus Decimus Meridius

Malidan likes to give good critique. Im sure there are lots of opinion on this SOT. But i agree on the fact that "it couldve had a bit bigger capacity". Like 3.5k mAh or higher.

Oh well. #ThugLife

10. Baymax

Baymax , Jun 30, 2016 :
    It could have been higher capacity. but as shown in cases with the Robin, it is possible for even a smaller size battery to get eh job done. 2,680 mAH and gets 4h SOT on Average.

11. MrPuma
    Honeycomb Jun 30, 2016

MrPuma , Jun 30, 2016 :
    "Good critique" not based on his own experiences, but based on a video?
    Sorry, I would never call that a good critique on a phone.

I agree though. 3.5k mAh would have been dope.

12. Baymax

Baymax , Jun 30, 2016 :
    Agreed.[​IMG]

13. Maximus Decimus Meridius

Of course its possible. I dont even hate it. But i'm not really a hater. (Not even iDevices or Samsung).
    Op3 is rlly sleek and i think its a nice phone.
    But even if it did had 3hrs SOT, what can we do about it? I never ran out of battery so far. (... so good) .
    My mean SOT is about 5+hrs. Never ever below 4. Probably not even below 4 and a half. So yeah.

Ceasedd, Baymax and MrPuma like this.
  14. Baymax

Baymax , Jun 30, 2016 :
    Would you recommend I get one of them as a side device? Honestly, I feel I am no better than a "critic" without ever having used one. [​IMG]

15. mstoecke
    Froyo Jun 30, 2016

mstoecke , Jun 30, 2016 :

So please just don't buy any SD820 device :) You don't deserve that kind of high quality SoC. Go to buy some Exynos or MT stuff and be happy with it.

Helbro likes this.
  16. ayaorei
    Gingerbread Jun 30, 2016

ayaorei , Jun 30, 2016 :
    i was following the thread coz m planing to buy, but it turns out @malidan dont have the phone himself. too bad.:(:(:(:(

MrPuma likes this.
  17. Maximus Decimus Meridius

True.
    Also, critics are just people with an opinion. This community only consists 100% of smartphone developer and software engineers (incl the marketing skills needed).

On my recommendations; its just a good phone and certainly on my "recommendation-list". There arent many direct competitors to be honest. All my pro's and con's made me conclude this OP3 is just a no-nonsense phone for the right price and excellent highquality. And the things where i thought OP3 stood out made me buy it. Still no regrets.

Rick Manders, Baymax, Ceasedd and 2 others like this.
  18. malidan
    Nougat Jun 30, 2016

malidan , Jun 30, 2016 :
    I have seen many videos and the figure always changes, so you can only repeat what someone says.
    Mkbhd said we concentrate on the bad things rather than the good and he is right, because it the bad things that will spoil your enjoyment of the device not the good.

19. mwayner
    Lollipop Jun 30, 2016

mwayner , Jun 30, 2016 :
    Much ado about nothing. Judging from it's behavior re Oneplus over the last couple weeks, Android Authority is in the business of clutching at straws. Must be kicking itself that it wasn't first to shout "ram management issue!" from the housetops. You've got to show some real dedication to a hoped-for result to achieve a 3hr SOT with a HD amoled panel and a 3AH battery, regardless of SOC.

20. GhilS
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 30, 2016

GhilS , Jun 30, 2016 :
    @malidan

This :)

Nothing wrong with it, just wondering, why spend the time reading and watching reviews, always looking for a negative review and joining a forum about a phone you'll never buy, it doesn't makes sense to me?