Network/Connectivity Android Auto Bluetooth Connection Issues

1. daveyboyuk Cupcake May 31, 2018

daveyboyuk, May 31, 2018 :
    I've recently purchased a new car (Peugeot 2008) which includes Android Auto as part of the entertainment system.

This requires me to use the USB cable from the car into the device, in order to use Android Auto.

Although I could connect my OnePlus 5 via Bluetooth, it keeps dropping connection, which results in my music pausing. It will start working again for a period of time, then randomly starts dropping again.

I recently purchased the OnePlus 6 hoping that I wouldn't face these problems any longer, however, the issue persists with this device as well.

Here is the version of Firmware I am running on my Peugeot 2008: 1.06.47.34_NAC-r0

I even tried restoring the cars entertainment system (and my OnePlus 5) back to factory settings, however both of these options haven't resolved my issue.

I've not tried restoring my OnePlus 6 as I didn't see the point, since this didn't resolve the issue before with my OnePlus 5.

Can anyone suggest a fix for this, and do you know if OnePlus are aware of this?

Many thanks

2. G_craig_bshara_CrKr Cupcake Jun 10, 2018

G_craig_bshara_CrKr, Jun 10, 2018 :
    Im here for the same "bluetooth stutter" and came across your post. Mine is via bluetooth, and is very annoying, and unacceptable. Im pretty sure its not your android auto unit. Ive tried 2 different vehicles and same problem. Good luck

3. terjed1964 Cupcake Jun 10, 2018

terjed1964, Jun 10, 2018 :
    I have the same isse with smartwatchh(Ticwatch). I get them to connect, but afterwords they (watch and mobile) don't stat connected, resulting in messing SMS and calls on the watch. Also syncronizartion doesn't work. On the phone Bluetooth status is "not connected"

4. Eustacio Sealy Jelly Bean Jun 10, 2018

Eustacio Sealy, Jun 10, 2018 :
    May I ask this question any one had verified if your divices have the most resent software update the compatibility is always present when the software of the divices are not the same

5. X1534810393727 Cupcake Oct 11, 2018

X1534810393727, Oct 11, 2018 :
    I have the same problem with Oneplus 5 and Sony Xav Ax 100 with Android auto. The Bluetooth connection is dropped and erased from the paired devices. It happens with all Oneplus devices, I know it because some friends has Oneplus 3T and Oneplus 6 and is the same problem. It not happens in Samsung devices for example. The sad thing is Oneplus people said contact Google, but I think is a problem with Oneplus indeed.