[Submitted] Android Auto (cabled) crashing randomly

1. Thomas Larsen
    Cupcake Jul 27, 2021

Thomas Larsen , Jul 27, 2021 :
    Attach the Nord via USB cable to a car (supporting Android Auto), The car needs to be hot, like standing in the sun.
    Enter a destination in AA, and start navigating.
    As I drive, the issue arise within the first 1-15 minutes.
    You will not be able to reconnect the Nord that day. Other phones work fine with same cable/car

2. Thomas Larsen
    Cupcake Jul 27, 2021

Thomas Larsen , Jul 27, 2021 :
    The issue seems related to the outdoor temperature. All winter and in the morning there are no issue. But when I use it in a hot car (parked in the sun, with outdoor temp above 20 degrees celcius), the issue happens every time. Usually it occurs somewhere between immediately and 15 minutes. The Nord itself does not feel hot. Feels normal.
    When it happens, there are no way to reconnect. Tried clearing bluetooth cache, AA cache, rebooting, uninstall/reinstall AA. But I can take another phone (wife or daughters Samsungs), connect it and all works perfectly with same cable and car.
    I have factory reset my Nord, which did not make any difference. Issue is still there.
    I'm ready to return the phone to Oneplus repair service. Have you got any ideas what to do?
    I've attached a small part of the verbose debug log (full log is too big to attach to the bug report). I'm not sure what to look for in the log.

In advance thanks
    Thomas

3. Trishala Anusha
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Jul 28, 2021

Trishala Anusha , Jul 28, 2021 :
    We would like to check this further and require more details regarding this. We've got in touch with you via personal conversation and hope you would get back to us at the earliest.

Regards,
    Anusha

4. Thomas Larsen
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2021

Thomas Larsen , Jul 28, 2021 :
    Hello Anusha

Thank you very much for getting back to me that fast. I really appreciate it :)

I have followed your instructions, and have now two log dumps for you (I hope I linked them correctly, as I couldn't find anyway else to do it).
    • 1st log is taken after a factory flash, where I restored my phone from Google backup. I started logging immediately before I drove out. I forgot to copy the screenshot. Issue happened within approximately 10 mins.
    • 2nd log is taken after a factory reset, but without restoring anything. I only set up my Google account so AA would work, and ran an update on the apps installed. Screenshot is attached.
    I really hope you can figure out something. The lack of a stable AA is really killing me, as I use it alot.
    In advance, thanks

Thomas

5. Thomas Larsen
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2021

Thomas Larsen , Aug 5, 2021 :
    Hi Anusha

I'm curious if you have had a chance to look at the logs. If so, did you find anything interesting, that can solve the issue?

Regards
    Thomas

6. Thomas Larsen
    Cupcake Aug 18, 2021

Thomas Larsen , Aug 18, 2021 :
    Hmmm... seems like Oneplus just abandoned me, after I gave them the logs they asked for. I guess they saw something they didn't like.
    I've now had the phone for repair at Oneplus. They returned it with status "repaired". But the issue is still there, and easy to reproduce.
    I like the Oneplus mobiles. But I must admit that their support has not learned the Onplus slogan #Never settle.