Android auto issues via OnePlus 6T

1. soeren_adk
    Eclair Dec 23, 2019

soeren_adk , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 23, 2019 :
    Hi
    I updated to android 10,a few days before I received my new car, which supports android auto. I was really looking forward to that

But it keeps freezing the screen works fine. I can turn on radio by voice command. or set a location to drive to. and the screen works fine.

But it freezes so I can't touch, I can't press play or pause. I can't hangup a phone call or have a message read up, so only the touch part of the screen freezes up.

I tried pressing menu on the screen and it takes me out of android auto, and everything works fine.

have anyone found a solution to this?

not sure if it's an android 10 issue. or whatever

but been going for a month now

Negro1983 likes this.
  2. Negro1983
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2020

3. Caomhin
    KitKat Jan 22, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Install 10.3.1 released today, you may need to do it via Oxygen Updater if it doesn't appear via OTA, see if it fixes the issues

4. Negro1983
    Cupcake Feb 5, 2020

Negro1983 , Feb 5, 2020 :
    nope - didn't work. The issue still remains

5. Scherpenseel
    KitKat Feb 5, 2020

Scherpenseel , Feb 5, 2020 :
    Could also be because of the car. Android Auto is not free of bugs at the moment. Did you check reviews of the car?

Kytharsis likes this.
  6. Negro1983
    Cupcake Feb 5, 2020

no changes have been done to the car's system - it worked perfectly before the update

7. Caomhin
    KitKat Feb 5, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Feb 5, 2020 :
    Clear all Bluetooth connection settings on the car and on the phone, Clear app info cache within Android Auto.

Make sure you have the latest update for Android Auto.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.projection.gearhead

Also check out the details on upcoming changes

The new Android Auto will begin rolling out over the next few weeks! https://www.blog.google/products/android/upgrade-your-drive-android-auto
    • Improvements to the timing of message notifications while navigating.
    • Ability to turn media notifications on/off.
    • We want to hear from you! Join the conversation in our community https://g.co/androidautocommunity

Reconnect everything via Bluetooth, and update any settings required in Android Auto.

Check if this helps.

Kytharsis likes this.
  8. pklungel
    Donut Feb 5, 2020

pklungel , via OnePlus 6 , Feb 5, 2020 :
    I had the same problem and discovered that it occurs when the phone is connected to Android Auto and after a few minutes initiates its screen lock. Once the phone is locked, the AA connection no longer works properly. This wasn't an issue with Android 9.

To fix it: I downloaded a "keep alive" app which stops the phone from going into lock mode. I activate the app whenever I connect to my car. I'm using "Stay Alive!" from the app store.

Caomhin likes this.
  9. Negro1983
    Cupcake Feb 5, 2020

nope - didn't work either

10. Negro1983
    Cupcake Feb 5, 2020

this is not the same issue I am experiencing as I can reproduce my issue on the fly without locking the screen:
    it is whenever I change the screen from e.g. Google Maps navigation screen to the menu screen on my car and then go back to Google Maps, the cursor/selector is gone and I can no longer perform actions.
    It also happens that when turning the headlights (of the car) on, both screens (phone and car) automatically turn into dark mode and when I turn the lights off, both screens are bright again and the cursor again is gone....

11. Caomhin
    KitKat Feb 5, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Feb 5, 2020 :
    Sounds like your car is controlling the display within the car, which is the sending info to the phone to do the same. You may need to check the settings on the in car display. Because your light switches should have no bearing on the phone.

Kytharsis likes this.