Android Auto never worked via OnePlus 6T

1. SALENTINVM
    Froyo May 30, 2020

SALENTINVM , via OnePlus 6T , May 30, 2020 :
    Hi all.
    It's practically a year and a half that I bought this phone and Android Auto never worked.
    I tried with the original cable, with a ravpower cable and another cable I used on my previous phone without any problem, with a USB 3.0 cable from another phone, but nothing, after 5-10 minutes the image freezes and no audio or anything until you disconnect the cable, connect the cable again and select Android Auto on the car's dashboard.
    It's pointless to say that the problem is the car, Android Auto worked fine with 2 phones and Apple Carplay also runs smoothly.
    Is there any solution to this problem or I just have to leave OnePlus once for all?
    It freezes on the highway, in very dangerous situations and sincerely I didn't spend 1000€ on my car to buy a cheap stand to put the phone and burn it's crappy OLED under the sun.
    Thanks.

2. Nic_brey
    Cupcake Jun 4, 2020

Nic_brey , Jun 4, 2020 :
    Android auto worked great from 2018 to early 2019. Then an update caused Android auto to frequently crash on 1+ phones and neither Google or OnePlus is willing to do anything about it.

3. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Jun 4, 2020

pablofg1978 , Jun 4, 2020 :
    I used android auto with few cars and I didn't have any issues. Renault space, Kia soul and Skoda.
    Worked fine every time.

4. ngydat
    Lollipop Jun 4, 2020

ngydat , Jun 4, 2020 :
    When I had my One Plus 7T, I had no issue with Android Auto except from time to time the Android Auto interface rebooting on my car's dashboard.

5. Alanben3
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2020

Alanben3 , Jul 1, 2020 :
    On late 2017/early 2018, I recall being able to use Android Auto on my leased 2017 Volkswagen Jetta... after a while, I never used again until a few months before returning that same vehicle. The point is, that was the first time I noticed Android Auto not working in conjunction with the infotainment system of my vehicle (on Mid 2020), I thought it was entirely because of the old infotainment system of the VW + newer software updates on my device causing the failure. Not until now that I switched to a 2020 Mazda CX-30 (US version) I came to realize that it always was because of my device... Having supposedly the newest tech in regards to vehicles infotainment system I believed I could again give use to the feature, but it wasn't the case. Every time I plug my device and boot up Android Auto, my infotainment screen goes black for a few seconds and then goes to the main screen showing a text that says "Unable to connect to Android Auto". I make sure to test other android devices and as a surprise for me they worked and mine didn't... I'm not whiling to have my phone mounted on my windshield/car air vents in order to be able to use my device navigation apps or other integrations in a safe manner while driving. Fix this of this user will exit from the back door...