Android Auto starts slowly [OP 8T]

1. burnout123
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 23, 2020

burnout123 , Oct 23, 2020 :
    Hi,

I've just started using my OP 8T and the phone is great, but there is one major thing that bothers me.

Before I used OP 6 (stock ROM) and Android Auto was really fast to connect with my car and start working.

With OP 8T it takes way way longer - once it connects it works great though.

Is it the new phone or is it the new Android 11?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020

2. lecauch
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2020

burnout123 likes this.
  3. pcoventry
    Honeycomb Nov 2, 2020

pcoventry , Nov 2, 2020 :
    It's the phone. I have AA 11 on my Pixel 3a and it starts up in seconds. I dumped my 6T because it was pixelating and i had to mess around with settings every time. Now I don't :)

Even when I had a Samsung S7+ Tab 5G which is same spec as the 8T it used to start up every time!

burnout123 likes this.
  4. burnout123
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 7, 2020

burnout123 , Nov 7, 2020 :
    Thanks, good to know. Hope OnePlus gets their *** to work on the issue ASAP, otherwise Android Auto is useless for me if I have to wait 2 minutes for it to start up.

pcoventry likes this.
  5. pcoventry
    Honeycomb Nov 7, 2020

pcoventry , Nov 7, 2020 :
    Well although it works with the OP it is slow - so I have decided that, despite the fast charging and 5G (which I can't yet get anyway) I've decided to go back to my Pixel 3a for the daily driver. I got my phone from Amazon and the return period is till Feb 2021 so i am going to give it a few more days and then return it.

Just not worth the price tag - also, sorry to say but the camera on the OP is rubbish compared to the 3a. I am not actually sure why I got the 8T in the first place. I don't game and all I do is photos, streaming and whatsapp lol

burnout123 likes this.