1. misteurz
    Froyo May 20, 2020

misteurz , May 20, 2020 :
    hi,
    on android auto, waze loses GPS when on phone call

2. Suhas Klkrn555
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member May 22, 2020

Suhas Klkrn555 , May 22, 2020 :
    We have responded to your concern via DM, please check for the same and respond with the required information at the earliest.

Regard's,
    Suhas.

3. Ghazala.Yasmeen
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Jun 11, 2020

Ghazala.Yasmeen , Jun 11, 2020 :
    We would like to check this further and have got in touch with you via personal conversation for more details.

Regards,
    Ghazala

4. misteurz
    Froyo Jun 11, 2020

5. misteurz
    Froyo Jun 11, 2020

misteurz , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 11, 2020 :
    In fact, Waze is on android auto screen, it is not on the background.

The GPS localisation is lost during the call. And I recover a good GPS localisation when the call is finished

6. tsumeone
    Eclair Jul 1, 2020

tsumeone , Jul 1, 2020 :
    Same (exact) problem on OnePlus 6 for at least a few months now.

GPS is lost under the following conditions:
    Using Waze with Android Auto AND on a phone call

Any other combination of those things and there is no problem. Additionally, Google Maps works fine with Android Auto while on a phone call. This issue is specific to OnePlus as the same version of Waze with Galaxy S8+ works fine with Android Auto while on phone call.

I can reproduce this 100% of the time. This started after factory resetting my phone with the latest software installed. Reinstalling Waze, trying the beta version, giving Waze all permissions, removing battery optimization, allowing location ALWAYS, clearing data/cache of both Waze and Android Auto, etc - none of that fixed the problem.

7. Danny.Y
    Cupcake Jul 20, 2020

Danny.Y , Jul 20, 2020 :
    I have the same issue.

I am using a OnePlus 8 Pro. I am on the latest versions of OxygenOS, Waze and Android Auto.

If I make a WhatsApp voice call, the GPS in Waze continues to work. It is only regular phone calls that causes the issue.

My phone is not rooted.

8. Johan05
    Cupcake Jul 27, 2020

9. tsumeone
    Eclair Jul 31, 2020

tsumeone , Jul 31, 2020 :
    I bought a T-Mobile OnePlus 8. It was working fine for a month. Now I have this SAME EXACT BUG with this phone as I had with my OnePlus 6! Unbelievable. I'm going to sell this phone. Sick of the beta quality software and bugs that are getting ignored for YEARS across multiple generations of devices.

Btw, when this problem started on my OnePlus 8 the bug where incoming calls don't ring on my radio started at the same time. Probably linked, in case any OnePlus engineers actually feel like solving this issue.

OP8 also has a bug where "Driving app is running" stays even after car turns off or USB is disconnected. New bug on this OP8 that I didn't have on my OP6. So the software gets WORSE, but not better.

10. P1591818900532
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

P1591818900532 , Aug 10, 2020 :
    I can confirm this bug with latest 8 pro firmware. It's extremely annoying and one of the reasons to change phone

11. tsumeone
    Eclair Aug 18, 2020

tsumeone , Aug 18, 2020 :
    Is OnePlus ever going to acknowledge this issue? Or just occasionally say they DM someone and then crickets? No one from OnePlus had attempted to contact me about this issue so it really seems like OnePlus is not interested in fixing this long running software bug.

12. T1597925340848
    Donut Aug 23, 2020

T1597925340848 , Aug 23, 2020 :
    Hi Guys,

Facing the same issue in my OnePlus Nord. I use Android Auto constantly for work and I'm on the phone for nearly the whole ride.. This is unusable!! I cannot work like this. Had no issues on my old S8 and I'm using the same SIM.