Network/Connectivity Android Auto Wireless no Network Services

1. G1586804825531
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2020

G1586804825531 , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Hi everybody,

I have the following problem with my one+ 6t.

My new car radio does support Android Auto Wireless.
    I can connect my oneplus to the radio with the Android Auto Wireless connection, i see the screen mirror and it is fine.
    But from this time my phone has no internet connection.
    The Wireless connection use a WLAN to the Radio, that was build from the radio and this has not a internet connection. My onplus shows me that this WLAN has no internet connection and it does not try to switch the internet access to GSM/LTE.
    I have found some tips for samsung phones, their they describe that you have a switch inside the WLAN settings that this WLAN should not be used for internet.
    But such a option i have not seen inside the WLAN settings.

Do you have a hint for me?
    Thanks
    Olaf

2. GuidoNervi
    Gingerbread Jul 11, 2020

GuidoNervi , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 11, 2020 :
    I use wireless android auto too. In wireless preference there is a setting to swap automatically the data connection from wireless to mobile network.

G1586804825531 likes this.
  3. G1586804825531
    Cupcake Jul 11, 2020

G1586804825531 , Jul 11, 2020 :
    Thanks for that update, i think i had this setting made, but know it is working.

For any who had a issue with new Kenwood DMX8020DABS that is the solution. If you use android Auto with cable it is only working if the battery from the one+ is full. If it is empty or just half, you get the error message that the connectd USB device consume to much power and it stops charging. In that moment it stops also Android Auto, because it breakes the connection and you can not use android auto up to the moment where you charge your phone with a other connection.
    I have discused this with Kenwood support and the solution was, i should close more apps to reduce power consumation. But it has nothing to do with that, the charging without any running app generates that issue.
    Now with the wirless connection (hopefull stable) i can use my one+ car adapter again and it looks fine.
    Next week we have a travel again and i can see if it is realy a good solution.
    Thanks to One+ community