?

Is this ROM daily-driver material?

1. YES! Works great!

537 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. NO! BUGGY!

169 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Meh, I just prefer my official KK right now.

327 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Works fine, but I'll wait for CM12S!

443 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. kumarsid
    Gingerbread Apr 7, 2015

kumarsid , Apr 7, 2015 :
    Sorry for the trouble, I found the correct link.

2. kumarsid
    Gingerbread Apr 7, 2015

kumarsid , Apr 7, 2015 :
    Can I change the SE LINUX to enforcing after installing the viper drivers? Or should it stay permissive?

3. tyler539
    Jelly Bean Apr 7, 2015

tyler539 , Apr 7, 2015 :
    Permissive needs to stay on for it to work.

kumarsid likes this.
  4. abhishek96
    Cupcake Apr 7, 2015

abhishek96 , Apr 7, 2015 :
    drained to 0%
    used synpase fast chraging mode
    speed improve a bit
    but definitely less than stock rom
    i tried by keeping it off but same result
    seems like problem is with my chrager i guess?

5. tyler539
    Jelly Bean Apr 7, 2015

tyler539 , Apr 7, 2015 :
    If it didn't charge any faster while off, it would be the charger or you're imagining a slightly longer time, but if it's a crazy long time, that is quite unfortunate...

6. blackgecko
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2015

7. tyler539
    Jelly Bean Apr 13, 2015

tyler539 , Apr 13, 2015 :
    No news on an update, but I believe that they are trying to compile 5.1 right now, but not many ROMs have made the leap without major bugs occurring, and major bugs is definitely not what this ROM is about.

ULTIMATE2015, blackgecko and Pigo like this.
  8. Pigo
    Froyo Apr 20, 2015

Pigo , Apr 20, 2015 :
    Hi Tyler,

I am seeing an update from 4/20, and that is today... could this be 5.1?? Furthermore, should this one (or the update before) need the viper fix? I am not sure if I should continue to flash the fixes with this latest ROMs, so I want your advice.

EDIT: one more question! should I also re-flash the GAPPS after installing the latest ROM?

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015

cheungke likes this.
  9. cheungke
    Eclair Apr 21, 2015

cheungke , Apr 21, 2015 :
    Anyone tried the new 4/20 build yet?

On a side note, is 4k camera working on this Rom? I know my friend whose on oxygen os has 4k camera fully functional it appears....

Pigo likes this.
  10. Pigo
    Froyo Apr 21, 2015

Pigo , Apr 21, 2015 :
    I've been trying for a while now, and it doesn't want to work properly... first it said that the Setup Wizard stopped working so I couldn't even setup my phone... then I flashed it again wiping everything again, and now it passed that part, however it was still very buggy... it would force close for everything, and wouldn't read my APN, so no internet!

I am currently giving the last try to this 4/20 build, and if it not works then I would have to go back to 3/7.

EDIT: it is still not working... if I flash the latest GAPPS it says that the Setup Wizard stopped working... could I be using the wrong GAPPS? I am using the GAPPS I have always used for these installs.... so I don't know if I am doing something wrong here.

Guess I'll have to rollback to 3/7

11. FUSION_MASTER
    Froyo Apr 22, 2015

FUSION_MASTER , Apr 22, 2015 :
    Not to steal Liquidsmooth's thunder (because it is amazing), but Kitanatez has complied an unofficial temasek ROM which is running 5.1 and is certainly a daily driver:

XDA link: [ROM][Bacon][5.1][UBER 4.9 & 5.0]Temasek's UNOFFICIAL Build

There is also a link on our threads here: (this particular thread is old and hasn't been updated for the 5.1 build).

The XDA forum page has well over 1000 pages worth of replies (> 10,000 replies) and over 1 million views!!!

The builds are based on CM-12.1 nightlies with features cherry-picked from many sources including crDroid, SlimKAT, Omni, LiquidSmooth, Carbon, Nameless, Beanstalk etc.

Current bugs: NONE. However on the v10 which was recently updated to v10.1 I had issues with wifi hiccups. Users still report this but most on v10.1 have had their issues resolved. Anyone jumping on the foray will only make the ROM more stable.

@katinatez and temasek are absolute stars - they have worked on this non-stop and the xda forum have been very noob friendly to me (although I've lurked there for years).

I highly recommend giving this a shot - my OPO is currently faster than when it was stock (maybe to do with the fact that I'm now F2FS formatted). Battery life with the Google Play Service is around the 2 days mark (casual to medium intensity user, no games)

Give it a shot and let me know how you get on, I may resurrect the other thread to maintain distinction between the two ROMs.

12. ericvanbeurden
    Froyo Apr 23, 2015

13. gt5679a
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 24, 2015

gt5679a , Apr 24, 2015 :
    I actually sold my OPO a couple of weeks ago, but before it left my hands I too had switched to Blisspop to get some 5.1 action. I really enjoyed it and especially liked the LiveDisplay. Now I have a Nexus 6, which is currently still stock, until I figure out what ROM I want to flash.

14. Aviraex
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2015

Aviraex , Apr 24, 2015 :
    Wifi/Data Error Symbols
    NFC not working

Please help. No matter which version I flash, as long as it's Lollipop, I keep getting these error symbols beside my wifi and data in the notification drawer. There's nothing wrong with them but it's just frustrating to see it. Also, my NFC has been greyed out on all versions of android and I can't even turn it on/off.

Attached Files:

15. Dsheller85
    Gingerbread Apr 26, 2015

Dsheller85 , Apr 26, 2015 :
    What is a clean install? Where you wipe everything but internal storage before install?

16. tyler539
    Jelly Bean Apr 28, 2015

tyler539 , Apr 28, 2015 :
    Clean install is wiping everything but internal storage.

17. Azumi
    Cupcake May 3, 2015

18. manishv
    Honeycomb May 4, 2015

19. tyler539
    Jelly Bean May 4, 2015

tyler539 , May 4, 2015 :
    Same. I think I need to learn how to compile and I'll do one myself! I could maybe compile cyanogen, but instructions on liquid are scarce.

20. manishv
    Honeycomb May 5, 2015

manishv , May 5, 2015 :
    There is some problen going on with liquidsmooth. Geoff Whiteley is the maintainer of liquidsmooth he uses a new rom every week ;) he was using brokenOS recently. Its not good to ask for ETAs as they do it for free.