?

Is this ROM daily-driver material?

1. YES! Works great!

537 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. NO! BUGGY!

169 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Meh, I just prefer my official KK right now.

327 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Works fine, but I'll wait for CM12S!

443 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. sayak_ghost
    Cupcake Jan 4, 2015

2. Ramses75
    Honeycomb Jan 4, 2015

Ramses75 , Jan 4, 2015 :
    You can, why not?

3. bollerafler
    Gingerbread Jan 4, 2015

bollerafler , Jan 4, 2015 :
    Cool rom. But it takes forever to wake up! 1+ sec.. Anyone else with that problem?

4. Saem
    Gingerbread Jan 4, 2015

Saem , Jan 4, 2015 :
    No. Mine is proper.

5. bollerafler
    Gingerbread Jan 4, 2015

6. joens
    Lollipop Jan 4, 2015

joens , Jan 4, 2015 :
    Bug:
    When talking on phone and wanting to activate speaker phone the screen does not turn on.

After a while locking/unlocking it unlocked...

7. Acidsama
    Cupcake Jan 4, 2015

Acidsama , Jan 4, 2015 :
    Wow this phone is amazing just now found this thing

Was playing arounfor with a Nexus phone at tmoblie yesterday with 5.0.1 on it and was impressed

Looking at the spec for this beast I'd say it'a fully capable of running this OS

Need this phone haha!!

8. Deactivated User
    Jan 4, 2015

tyler539 likes this.
  9. Saem
    Gingerbread Jan 4, 2015

Saem , Jan 4, 2015 :
    The first post has been updated with backlight staying on's temporary solution. You can try it.

tyler539 likes this.
  10. joens
    Lollipop Jan 4, 2015

11. Socket420
    Froyo Jan 4, 2015

Socket420 , Jan 4, 2015 :
    Thanks man, this really helped me out!

tyler539 and Saem like this.
  12. alexbartok
    Honeycomb Jan 4, 2015

alexbartok , Jan 4, 2015 :
    I have some tips to show you:
    If you're encountering the "Hardware buttons always on" issue, just press the power button twice.
    If you're experiencing a huge battery drain over night, set your phone like this:
    3G as preferred network;
    "energy saving" ON;
    WiFi, Bluetooth, Data... All disabled (don't activate Airplane mode).

tyler539 likes this.
  13. PeterLonghorn
    Eclair Jan 4, 2015

PeterLonghorn , Jan 4, 2015 :
    Thats no solution because it just shuts them off completely...

Or do i miss something? I want to have them enabled but the bug is annoying me (the strange thing is that the first time i flashed the version of 24.12. i didn't have this problem - but other problems, so i did a reflash - now everytime they stay on, if i am not paying attention and wait for them to shut off before pressing sleep).

Deactivated User likes this.
  14. THidayat24
    Froyo Jan 4, 2015

15. Osei_ak
    Gingerbread Jan 4, 2015

16. tyler539
    Jelly Bean Jan 4, 2015

tyler539 , Jan 4, 2015 :
    Updated bug list, thank you. Not quite sure where to start with that one though, can't change any libraries without busting the camera entirely...

17. Saem
    Gingerbread Jan 4, 2015

Saem , Jan 4, 2015 :
    It is a bug and the older versions had a zip you could flash to disable it (or solve it?) but that zip doesn't work on the 30/12 version. So instead of the zip, there is a link to an apk which helps to keep them off. You may use it until it gets solved or else if you really want to keep the lights on and don't want to wait for them to sleep then you may just off the screen after you are done (the backlights will be on) then turn the screen on again and then turn screen back off. It will turn off the lights too this time and is better than waiting for them to turn off on their own.

tyler539 likes this.
  18. Deactivated User
    Jan 4, 2015

19. tyler539
    Jelly Bean Jan 4, 2015

tyler539 , Jan 4, 2015 :
    If you don't need full performance all the time, one can throttle the CPU down, because with most stock kernels, your CPU will throttle up extremely fast the moment you just touch the screen, which wastes a lot of battery, especially while texting or what have you not. However, with custom kernels, you can enable things like faster charging and limit the CPU spikes so that more battery life is achieved. One could also do the opposite and overclock or just simply fine tune to get way more performance out of their phone, whether they want higher benchmarks or really want to play games smoother.

20. jon285
    Cupcake Jan 4, 2015

jon285 , Jan 4, 2015 :
    Also, I've been having problems switching from LTE to WiFi. To replicate: with WiFi on leave the area with WiFi coverage and phone will connect to mobile network > turn off WiFi > go back into WiFi coverage > turn on WiFi and try to connect, likely to get an authentication problem > reboot will connect back on WiFi.

cheungke likes this.