Android Marshmallow on OPX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ciro_90
    Gingerbread Mar 5, 2016

Ciro_90 , Mar 5, 2016 :
    Any news concerning the update of our OPX to Android Marshmallow? :/

Soon it will be available Android N, and no OP has Android Marshmallow yet. >.<

pigmeej, jeremyotten and aris like this.
  2. kshiteejnaik
    Honeycomb Mar 5, 2016

kshiteejnaik , Mar 5, 2016 :
    If we had started a drinking game over every time someone asked about MM, we'd all be chronic alcoholics by now.
    The answer is simple, mate. No one really knows. OP has already announced it'll be Q1, so wait.

3. kanagadeepan
    KitKat Mar 5, 2016

kanagadeepan , Mar 5, 2016 :
    Once you opened 2,75,832 new threads for the same question, we all will get MM update for OPX

4. pwseo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 5, 2016

pwseo , Mar 5, 2016 :
    The Q1 ETA is only for the OnePlus 2. The OnePlus X update was actually pending support from Qualcomm last time @Helen spoke in the reddit AMA. I don't know if there have been any new developments regarding that.

Green1230 and aris like this.
  5. stephenboyo
    KitKat Mar 5, 2016

stephenboyo , Mar 5, 2016 :
    We might just go straight from Android Lollipop to Android N with the way things are going at OP.

OneMarco and aris like this.
  6. pwseo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 5, 2016

pwseo , Mar 5, 2016 :
    We will probably never reach Android N (at least the OPX). Still, regardless of the Android version, some things will still need to be fixed, like the camera's HAL -- It'd be much better to have this fixed soon (and other smaller annoyances) than get the latest Android version.
    We need a stable and bug-free OxygenOS more than we need Android M.

7. KatMiku
    Honeycomb Mar 5, 2016

KatMiku , Mar 5, 2016 :
    The problem with OnePlus is lack of transparency, we heard nothing about MM except for a post just before Christmas saying that OP2 and OPO was gonna be Q1 2016 and OPX Q2 2016, how hard is it to post a frigging update on this almost 3 months later ?

Same problem with updates, they promised more transparency on what will be in a next bug fix update etc but that was 13 weeks ago and we had 0% transparency since then, last week we suddenly get a surprise 2.2.0-x that only fixes a front camera issue and without February Google security updates...

8. Ron1122
    Froyo Mar 5, 2016

Ron1122 , Mar 5, 2016 :
    Let's have stock Android instead of Oxygen OS?! And the Nova Launcher running, so we would have a stable OS, i guess!

javiqb_GOAT and TheVJ like this.
  9. Axevictim
    Gingerbread Mar 5, 2016

Axevictim , Mar 5, 2016 :
    I dread to think how many more problems will exist with MM update :D
    Would be wise to delay updating then keep your eye on the forum for problems.

10. TlathamXmahtalT
    KitKat Mar 5, 2016

11. javiqb_GOAT
    Gingerbread Mar 6, 2016

javiqb_GOAT , Mar 6, 2016 :
    Hey guys know what?

MM update in some weeks for OPX!!! Just some weeks!!!

Keep your eye on the update button on your OPX...in about some weeks (or months maybe) there will be an update.

If the months are passing are you recive no update...know what? EVEN BETTER NEWS!!! THAT WILL MEAN ANDROID N UPDATE WILL ARRIVE!!!

Just keep watching...it´s only a matter of time...long time...OR NOT!!!

:(

12. gowtham123456789
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 6, 2016

gowtham123456789 , Mar 6, 2016 :
    Guys who are using the oneplus x I'd say your darn unlucky you should have got the oneplus one the opo is faster and has no gpu issues the one oneplus x uses is a custom one like the original 1st Gen moto x had. a custom 801 that really no one used with and an undeclared gpu with less speedier ram the only attraction the opx possessed over the opo was style. OK back to topic i believe the opx still has pending driver support from Qualcomm because the companies that used sd, 801aa edition is less that means less priority your update was supposed to be on Q2 but since the op3 launches in June so we can expect that the oxygen os team will start working on that so no software support opx users brace yourself your update will probably come around August i'd say ur unluckt

13. Swatpt
    Honeycomb Mar 6, 2016

Swatpt , Mar 6, 2016 :
    My advice is to forget about Oxygen OS and look somewhere else. AOSParadox is around the corner, Official CM13 is around the corner.

The thing is, not everyone is willing to unlock the bootloader, flash a custom recovery, flash a ROM and flash GApps.

Sad, indeed

14. pwseo

pwseo , Mar 6, 2016 :
    @Swatpt, OxygenOS wouldn't be that bad of a ROM if only OnePlus fixed some of the bugs people have already mentioned here (but I guess they won't, at least not for a while xD). Out of curiosity, have you tried CM13 on the OPX? How is it in terms of camera performance?

15. Swatpt
    Honeycomb Mar 6, 2016

Swatpt , Mar 6, 2016 :
    I'm 100% in agreement. Issues reported since November that weren't handled, not even mentioned by the company.

Oxygen OS is a good concept. Maintain AOSP look and keep away bloatware, but It fails on basic tasks.

Right now I'm on H2OS. Despite not being all that great at managing notifications and toggles, it is really fast. Bluetooth contacts sync is working. it does not vibrate during a call even tho I have Double tap to wake enabled (and DT2W didn't failed even once, really solid). Energy management is superb even with battery hog apps.

Overall is much more of a pleasant experience than with Oxygen OS.

I haven't tried CM13 yet. It seems that people and rather happy with it as a daily driver, but there are some fixes to be implemented here and there.

Camera performance is only good with Sultanxda's custom camera HAL. Forget about stock camera HAL.

pwseo likes this.
  16. naa27

naa27 , Mar 6, 2016 :
    I'm happy to flash a custom ROM but first I'm giving OnePlus a chance (because I don't have many problems anyway) then I'll wait for the custom ones to stabilise.

I guess others may feel the same.

17. rubeniz
    Cupcake Mar 6, 2016

rubeniz , Mar 6, 2016 :
    I have also read that One Plus X is going to recibe an official update for cm13 soon

18. stephenboyo
    KitKat Mar 6, 2016

stephenboyo , Mar 6, 2016 :
    What is this rubbish about? I have OPO and OPX and they're both fast. You need to stop chewing and vomiting specs sheets all over the forum, it's irritating!

Gaurav Rohilla likes this.
  19. gowtham123456789

gowtham123456789 , Mar 6, 2016 :
    i'm pointing out the facts the cpu and the cpu is under clocked and your one plus x mm update will be in late q2 thats what this thread is about and I'm saying stuff thats relevant for the thread

20. kshiteejnaik
    Honeycomb Mar 6, 2016

kshiteejnaik , Mar 6, 2016 :
    This guy knows everything. Next question, What is the meaning of life?

Gaurav Rohilla likes this.