Android N

1. Snehal Seth
    Cupcake Oct 5, 2016

2. runboy93
    Jelly Bean Oct 5, 2016

runboy93 , Oct 5, 2016 :
    How is that possible? There is actual official proof for Android N development on OP3, don't trust anything else. CM14 maybe?

3. Intruder71
    Lollipop Oct 5, 2016

4. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Oct 5, 2016

Mr. BG , Oct 5, 2016 :
    Mentions both the Z3 Compact and Oneplus X that won't receive official N support.

I have my doubts on reliability to be honest.

otto2 and opticoverload like this.
  5. sungfive
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 5, 2016

otto2 and Wahoux like this.
  6. Tobikage
    Nougat Oct 5, 2016

Tobikage , Oct 5, 2016 :
    Pretty crappy uninformed article.

A majority of those phones will NOT see Android N officially.

runboy93 and otto2 like this.
  7. Akku143
    Eclair Oct 6, 2016

Akku143 , Oct 6, 2016 :
    Yes i saw the news at uc... Some hour ago... if Oneplus X is listed .. tHen m sure oneplua One should also get android N as they both posses same chipsets..

8. arkade4
    Gingerbread Oct 6, 2016

arkade4 , Oct 6, 2016 :
    They have only 4 phones. If they can't even provide an official/unofficial build of Nougat then shame on them. And shame on us that we trusted this ******* china company..

9. Tobikage
    Nougat Oct 6, 2016

Tobikage , Oct 6, 2016 :
    The OPO is supported by Cyanogen.Inc and not OnePlus / OxygenOS

So only the 3 phones OPX , OP2 and OP3.

The OPX is highly unlikely to get official Nougat because of driver issues and same for the OPO

The 2 and 3 have been guaranteed an update to 7.0 in the near future.
    The OP3 will obviously get it first.

otto2 and pa5t1s like this.
  10. opticoverload
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 6, 2016

opticoverload , Oct 6, 2016 :
    Many people here knew exactly what we were buying and are still happy with our choice. Why are you shaming us?

11. otto2
    Photography Expert Oct 6, 2016

otto2 , Oct 6, 2016 :
    Shame on you, for posting without checking reality first. And why should they give OPX users an UN-official rom? Since it had to be rolled out without any google app, no google play store etc, majority of users would not be able to use their phone as usual. The flame war here would be awesome. Skilled users with knowledge and experience will install any rom, fitting their needs. Other users can stay on marshmallow, the world will not burn down,don t worry. I m pretty sure, Oneplus will give Security updates for the X if necessary. If you don t like this situation (caused by google and Qualcomm!!!) buy an Oneplus 3 and you ll get nougat. But- the world outside your window will look same, belive me.

azhar itachi, Tobikage and frikakwa like this.
  12. arkade4
    Gingerbread Oct 6, 2016

arkade4 , Oct 6, 2016 :

Done chaning phones every year. Gonna get a Pixel.

Debangshu kumar likes this.
  13. TiagoJSilva
    Froyo Oct 6, 2016

TiagoJSilva , Oct 6, 2016 :
    Unless Qualcomm reverses course and releases Snapdragon 801 platform drivers for Nougat, there's no way both the OPO or OPX get it, officially. Basically, it's like Intel saying "Well, we were selling Sandy Bridge three years ago but we won't give Microsoft the code to update the drivers on the next build of Windows10, so you'd better buy new computers so we make more money".

Cyanogen could try to make shims to translate between the Marshmallow drivers and what Nougat will demand from the chipset, but it will have bugs, missing functionality, and be more unstable.
    OnePlus will not even try, as will all OEMs.

Unfortunately, this is the bad part of having the OnePlusX be a re-spin of the OPO hardware instead of using a Snapdragon 60x chipset, which would be more recent and will likely have Nougat support, but would've forced OnePlus to have a lot more work to create the OPX ROMs (or maybe they had some 801 chips left over?)

14. SimonRam
    Lollipop Oct 6, 2016

SimonRam , Oct 6, 2016 :
    You could buy two for the cost

pa5t1s, Tobikage and otto2 like this.
  15. TiagoJSilva
    Froyo Oct 6, 2016

TiagoJSilva , Oct 6, 2016 :
    He could buy two OnePlus3s for the cost of a Pixel...

Tobikage and otto2 like this.
  16. otto2

otto2 , Oct 6, 2016 :
    My oneplus one ( Cyanogen OS "M" ) is still in use,and will stay in use until hardware will break. Nobody,despite of some developers,enthusiast and some kiddies, cares about Nougat right now,a pixel phone is way too expensive, won t give you the great relationship of price and hardware like an oneplus.

Tobikage likes this.
  17. SimonRam
    Lollipop Oct 6, 2016

SimonRam , Oct 6, 2016 :
    Exactly, then ***** about one not being a hairdryer or a shaver when he has it.
    It's a phone, a good phone for the cash, it's not the ark of the covenant

pa5t1s, Mr. BG and otto2 like this.
  18. SimonRam
    Lollipop Oct 6, 2016

SimonRam , Oct 6, 2016 :
    Mine was the same until it started freezing as a regular occurrence, I still have it as a back up but I'm quite happy with the OP3.

pa5t1s and otto2 like this.
  19. otto2

20. arkade4
    Gingerbread Oct 6, 2016

arkade4 , Oct 6, 2016 :
    Done with OnePlus. And I will use CM14 on OPX no matter what. But thats not the point here. Gonna go with google for timely and 2 years of guranteed update..