Android/oxygen showing wrong cover art in file explorer or elsewhere

1. fabiozib
    Donut Apr 20, 2021

fabiozib , Apr 20, 2021 :
    Hi all,
    I know this is a recurring issue and read many forums on that.
    However, most of the discussion focus on the player you use while I note that the root problem is in Android/Oxygen (I have Oneplus 6, update to last verrsion).

I explain:
    most of my MP3s have embedded multiple cover harts (at least Front and Back, mainly, sometime others...). The problem is that Android pick the back cover and not the Front cover for the thumbnails despite that in ID3 they are correct.
    While in my player (Jet Audio) the song playing shows the front cover, still when you see the list of songs even there you see the back cover. The same in the default file manager or the extra file manager app I use (File Manager+).

I tried most of the tips: deleting cache, thumbnails, reset etc. Nothing works.

Something is wrong down in the code of Android/Oxygen that made it select the back cover instead of the Front from the ID3 tags.
    NB: If the files has only the front cover, sometime it pick it, but sometime it put nothing (as if picking the back cover which does not exist).

I hope I explained properly.
    Any tip?

2. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Apr 20, 2021

fabiozib likes this.
  3. fabiozib
    Donut Apr 21, 2021

Tokolozi likes this.
  4. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Apr 21, 2021

Tokolozi , Apr 21, 2021 :
    if you do it via the app (new thread button, then feedback) it might offer more space. Also automatically collect logs and be able to attach screenshots.

5. fabiozib
    Donut Apr 21, 2021

fabiozib , Apr 21, 2021 :
    Thanks, meanwhile I did from the PC and managed to summarise it. Logs are probably not needed for this problem ( I think)

Tokolozi likes this.
  6. Tokolozi

Probably not indeed.

And I'll be completely honest with you, I never knew you could include both front and back album art to music files....
    Been using streaming services for too long I guess ;)

7. fabiozib
    Donut Apr 21, 2021

fabiozib , Apr 21, 2021 :
    you just need a decent music app as ID3 Tag allows to upload more pic. I use MediaMonkey on windows, quite a good one.

Of course I could simplify my life and uploading only the front one, but still the bug show no pic in this case far too often (perhaps looking for a back cover that does not exist). And now removing manually all but the front cover from all my MP3s is just not an option

Tokolozi likes this.
  8. Tokolozi

How does it act in other file explorers actually?

9. fabiozib
    Donut Apr 27, 2021

fabiozib , Apr 27, 2021 :
    the same in all file explorers within the phone, now that I moved to 9 it is the same: always showing back cover as thumbnail.

and Support after a first message disappeared without replying anymore....

Tokolozi likes this.
  10. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Apr 27, 2021

Tokolozi , Apr 27, 2021 :
    Strange, since you'd think those file explorers use their own code for it. Maybe they're relying on some android backbone. Maybe it's a change in stock android itself?

Bug hunters tend to disappear and appear again when they looked into the issue.

fabiozib likes this.
  11. fabiozib
    Donut Apr 27, 2021

fabiozib , via OnePlus 9 , Apr 27, 2021 :
    Yes, I suspect the problem lies somewhere deep in Android media library to which all libraries rely...

Tokolozi likes this.