Android P Beta available for the OnePlus 6

1. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member May 8, 2018

dsmonteiro , May 8, 2018 :
    Would love to hear you explaining that logic...

2. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean May 8, 2018

Topper_Gas , May 8, 2018 :
    Unfortunately OP will give the same reasons they have given 3/3T owners, upgrading to Treble may brick your device.

Ravi BINAVAT and otto2 like this.
  3. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer May 8, 2018

Alvie , May 8, 2018 :
    People have asked for it as a voluntary update ages ago, they just said they can't do it. Perhaps they had bad experience when changing the file system format in the OP3, but I didn't see many complaints tbh

4. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean May 8, 2018

Does anybody understand these comments:

"Over 135,000 of our users signed up to review the OnePlus 6 early via The Lab. With the OnePlus 6 device in their hands, they'll be among the first in our community to be able to download the Android P Build"

I doubt the 135,000 users signed up to the Lab will all get an OP6 to review?

5. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat May 8, 2018

idkwhoiam322 , May 8, 2018 :
    10, maybe max 15.

6. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer May 8, 2018

Alvie , May 8, 2018 :
    Definitely would have expected to see Moto there, given they used to be a Google company and also there software is close to stock.

7. nmanzie
    Gingerbread May 8, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT and meatandy like this.
  8. Hudster2001
    Froyo May 8, 2018

Hudster2001 , May 8, 2018 :
    it's at times like these I feel disappointed that I bought the 5T.
    the promise of something unknown at some unknown point in the future hardly gets me excited.

You can pretty much Guarantee that the 5T won't get Android P in its native format. if it was going to get treble it would have it by now.

I have a feeling the 5T will be quietly left behind, till it fades from memory like a bad experiment by a company which is losing its direction.

I hope I'm proved wrong, but from how this phone has been supported since I bought one, I doubt I will be.

jasprjay, Ravi BINAVAT and meatandy like this.
  9. gaster
    Moderator Moderator May 8, 2018

gaster , May 8, 2018 :
    Wow. That's amazing news! Good job guys! I hope this is not late for the 5 and 5T too! Good luck :)

10. n00blit
    Honeycomb May 8, 2018

n00blit , May 8, 2018 :
    Well this is interesting development. They are going to release a phone with 8.1 and tons of bugs because it hasn't been tested fully, then release P a few months later with tons more bugs? Hmm I think I'll stick with my OP5

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  11. DJSubterrain
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 8, 2018

DJSubterrain , May 8, 2018 :
    Not if they provided clear instructions and/or provided a tool to convert it.

Ravi BINAVAT and macemoneta like this.
  12. script
    Moderator Moderator May 8, 2018

13. Tymcio
    Froyo May 8, 2018

14. TommyChauveau
    Jelly Bean May 8, 2018

TommyChauveau , May 8, 2018 :
    Android p is already planned for a long time (2 version update of Android) so the "nice thing" i see only treble ^^ they work with Google I'm optimistic for 5t ^^

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  15. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean May 8, 2018

Given the OP6 is one of the first devices to get Android P you can hardly say the company is losing direction, it seems the opposite is the case as anybody wanting the latest Android build with the latest 845 SoC is now going to look to get the OP or Xiaomi.

Abhi Dahiya and Ravi BINAVAT like this.
  16. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean May 8, 2018

I sense they'll say that's impossible, hence why they made sure it was released with Nougat and not Oreo.

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  17. macemoneta
    Honeycomb May 8, 2018

macemoneta , May 8, 2018 :
    Exactly. Even my old Archos 101IT tablet (about 8 years old) needed a repartitioning shortly after I bought it. They provided a multistage updater that performed the task flawlessly.

Ravi BINAVAT and ramchek like this.
  18. lgp
    Honeycomb May 8, 2018

lgp , May 8, 2018 :
    [​IMG]

19. jlasensiofi
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series May 8, 2018

20. OnePlusGang
    Gingerbread May 8, 2018

OnePlusGang , May 8, 2018 :
    Cool! Hope I get Selected For The Lab. Im a Loyal OnePlus User! And Also Im a Tech Nerd!! (And Computer Technician) ;D

simsimbol and Ravi BINAVAT like this.