Android P Beta available for the OnePlus 6

1. OnePlusGang
    Gingerbread May 8, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  2. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow May 8, 2018

Ceasedd , May 8, 2018 :
    Well...those two are the ones phasing it out....sprint got bought by T-Mobile methinks...

Ravi BINAVAT and Shivang Joshi like this.
  3. Jiggy2
    Jelly Bean May 8, 2018

Jiggy2 , May 8, 2018 :
    Meh! Think I’ll just get the 6t for Christmas with the better camera software etc?

Mav007 and Ravi BINAVAT like this.
  4. Stealth777
    Gingerbread May 8, 2018

Stealth777 , May 8, 2018 :
    Good news .
    So phone's shipping to people with Oreo will have Treble.
    Phone's updated to Oreo can get Treble but it is Only up to the manufacturer, They have to decide on giving it to us.
    So 3/3T and 5/5T can get Treble. Hopefully OnePlus will be nice and let us have it.

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  5. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat May 8, 2018

idkwhoiam322 , May 8, 2018 :
    Um.... No, it's nowhere as simple as that.

Ravi BINAVAT and Shivang Joshi like this.
  6. Stealth777
    Gingerbread May 8, 2018

Stealth777 , May 8, 2018 :
    My souces tell me other wise. very good documents. and it shows 3/3t and 5/5t on the list and labeled as Up to manufacturer.

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  7. gneitingable
    Gingerbread May 8, 2018

gneitingable , May 8, 2018 :
    This would be a fantastic achievement for OnePlus to get a beta access for Android P. 135000 entries means that I don't have a chance. Good luck all!

Ravi BINAVAT and meatandy like this.
  8. rva
    Gingerbread May 8, 2018

rva , May 8, 2018 :
    Isn't it more the case that the OnePlus 6 will be launched with Android Oreo, however, what's being announced here is that OP6 owners will be able to (presumably) download and install a beta version of Android P — which remember won't be officially released until August/September this year but it's first developer preview or beta is being released this weekend — onto their devices if they so wish?

Recall that historically the developer preview was only for Nexus and later Pixel devices, so this seems like a really cool move from Google and the manufacturers it's partnering with for the P beta (which include OnePlus). Ideally, this should hopefully lead to an even quicker release of final Android P for the OnePlus 6 (as well as the other manufacturers’ devices). I do realise that what I've said doesn't necessarily conflict with your post though.

And of course there was a teaser of most likely the P beta (or final?) or Treble support for the 5(T) later[e]2122[/e] this year.

Last edited: May 9, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  9. 36dbldz
    Honeycomb May 8, 2018

36dbldz , May 8, 2018 :
    if it gets approved by the government

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  10. pranay_ktkm
    Gingerbread May 8, 2018

pranay_ktkm , May 8, 2018 :
    in the io they said that they are going to get assistant integration into the camera app for oneplus devices ,can we know which oneplus devices exactly????

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  11. Bobzookaa
    Eclair May 9, 2018

Bobzookaa , May 9, 2018 :
    Congratulations...and Great News
    I hope oneplus 5T user get a good surprise hha

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  12. G_Uch_Vatana_kRnC
    Eclair May 9, 2018

13. Wellington Ferreira
    Gingerbread May 9, 2018

ankitgondalia and Ravi BINAVAT like this.
  14. F_George_Oprea_szyM
    Froyo May 9, 2018

jasprjay and Ravi BINAVAT like this.
  15. rwmchan
    Jelly Bean May 9, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  16. elanglois
    Lollipop May 9, 2018

elanglois , May 9, 2018 :
    "Working closely with Google" ....

Let me translate. OP6 will have treble support so that you can install Google's AOSP and developer builds. This isn't OOS 6.

17. elanglois
    Lollipop May 9, 2018

Google is NOT endorsing OnePlus. See my post above. Oneplus read the docs on treble support and may have called Google for help. Once treble support is done, the rest is just grabbing an image from Google

18. elanglois
    Lollipop May 9, 2018

what beta was discontinued??? I was recently running a Beta dated April 25 in my 3T. Just a few weeks. Don't spread misinformation

19. elanglois
    Lollipop May 9, 2018

No.

The difference is that treble support requires a new partition, called /vendor. Do you want OnePlus to change partitioning via an OTA? The slightest mistake and they'll hard brick it. That's why you have no treble on earlier models.

20. elanglois
    Lollipop May 9, 2018

You won't get a reply from Oneplus and the community can't answer that question.