Android P Beta Developer Preview 3 for OnePlus 6

1. G_Rich_Cowan_EQlj
    Gingerbread Jul 18, 2018

G_Rich_Cowan_EQlj , Jul 18, 2018 :
    mine is smooth as butter. animations fly.. the op6 is faster and smoother than pixel...If the op6 was going to be pretty much stock android then it would be a pixel phone. op are going to put their spin on android p as doost other manufacturers..it's lucky OnePlus skin is very light.
    there really isn't much difference between the 2. plus let's hope when the stable edition is released it might have changed again..
    OnePlus isn't pixel or nexus it is going to be slightly different. we knew that when we bought the phones...

2. ddaharu
    Froyo Jul 18, 2018

ddaharu , Jul 18, 2018 :
    this is really smooth.....

when I press the volume rocker I only get media control.
    why can't I adjust any other volume like calls or alarm?
    is there way to expand the volume panel?
    thanks.

3. G_Dennis_Finn_vTGA
    Gingerbread Jul 18, 2018

G_Dennis_Finn_vTGA , Jul 18, 2018 :
    Wait....... the beta version, that OP is updating while trying to squash bugs and keep their features, looks different then the other phones?

I've not noticed any Android 6.0 looking things, some Oreo looking things (8.0) and some Android P looking things (9.0). Some things are OnePlus looking also. I like that it's not a copy of the pixel (and I like even more it's not stock, go build from source ASOP, it's not very good).

This is a beta, things are incomplete and bound to change. If you don't like OnePlus's final P release them you are free too use another phone, this is the advantage of Android. By the way, I have a S9+ and trust me, is skin changes way more then OnePlus's does.

4. G_Dennis_Finn_vTGA
    Gingerbread Jul 18, 2018

Probably because this is a beta, everyone wanted the new volume panel and so OnePlus provided it, just not complete.

ddaharu likes this.
  5. ddaharu
    Froyo Jul 18, 2018

6. G_Dennis_Finn_vTGA
    Gingerbread Jul 18, 2018

Mostly I use the notification slider. I generally only want silent, vibrate, or soun. If I want sound notifications it's usually the same volume so I don't really need to change it from the volume rocker, just the notification slider.

But my usage might not be everyone, so I can see why other might need/want the expanded volume pop-up.

7. Sallu_libran
    Froyo Jul 19, 2018

Sallu_libran , Jul 19, 2018 :
    Incredibly stable... But have to do a backup before flash... Because we have wipe data and everything else... Otherwise will be stuck on bootloop

8. Sallu_libran
    Froyo Jul 19, 2018

Sallu_libran , Jul 19, 2018 :
    Its all available in this build bro

9. guenole_k
    Froyo Jul 19, 2018

guenole_k , Jul 19, 2018 :
    Hi, I'm from the stable version and i've done a clean install.
    I'm stuck on google account finalization data restoration.
    Is anyone having the same thing ? What can I do ?

10. preeteshkhivesara
    Cupcake Jul 19, 2018

11. G_Dennis_Finn_vTGA
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2018

G_Dennis_Finn_vTGA , Jul 19, 2018 :
    You need to download the update from the link in the top post. Move the file from downloads folder to the root folder. Go-to settings>system>updates and select the 3 dot menu and local update. Select the file you downloaded.

Be aware, you will need to wipe your internal storage.

12. G_Dennis_Finn_vTGA
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2018

Try to load into recovery and re-wipe you phone.

msnathantamil likes this.
  13. F_Rakesh_Roshan_Rana_QCK
    Honeycomb Jul 19, 2018

F_Rakesh_Roshan_Rana_QCK , Jul 19, 2018 :
    Yup...same with me...it requires multiple attempts...

14. msnathantamil
    Cupcake Jul 19, 2018

15. G_Dennis_Finn_vTGA
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2018

msnathantamil

any update for op5?​

No....the Android P beta is for the OnePlus 6. probably because they want to get one good before releasing it for more phones.

16. Grey_fox
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2018

Grey_fox , Jul 19, 2018 :
    is it really stable/safe to have the Android p beta. I'm thinking of downloading it but I'm not so sure. anybody else any suggestions??

17. G_Dennis_Finn_vTGA
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2018

It's quite stable, but it's a beta, if you can't deal with any bugs or wipe and reflash to a stable version I wouldn't recommend flashing the beta.

18. Aputsiaq
    Cupcake Jul 19, 2018

19. O1526951052760
    Donut Jul 19, 2018

20. F_Rakesh_Roshan_Rana_QCK
    Honeycomb Jul 19, 2018