Froyo Feb 18, 2019

2. gowtham.d4
    Froyo Feb 18, 2019

3. J1550509776010
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2019

4. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 18, 2019

keithgpowell , Feb 18, 2019 :
    No phone can have the necessary (?) latest security update.
    Even if you have February update, it's already outdated. There maybe holes they 've discovered but not fixed or been able to fix. and holes the don't know of.
    Then there is course all the known and unknown holes in all our apps.

Why does " known unknowns" or "unknown knowns" keep jogging my brain?

Anyway, I think you were worried more about your wife's OP3/t?

Deactivated User likes this.
  5. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean Feb 18, 2019

Topper_Gas , Feb 18, 2019 :

It's been suggested on here that some organisations insist the Android security updates are no older than 3 months old, which could start creating problems if the OP3's don't get one soon. Plus what's point in OP saying the Op3 & newer devices will get bi-monthly updates, than don't release January's w/o any real explanation for the delay. Even Samsung have already released February's for the SG7.

TheSpoken likes this.
  6. ashish77363
    Honeycomb Feb 18, 2019

7. astralbee

KennyOmega and Arjun Muchhadiya like this.
  8. Owski97
    Gingerbread Feb 18, 2019

9. mohd_areeb
    Honeycomb Feb 18, 2019

mohd_areeb , Feb 18, 2019 :
    what price will you pay for that?

10. TheSpoken

TheSpoken , Feb 18, 2019 :
    More excuses for Oneplus eh?

Firstly by your logic I should run a security patch from 2009 because releases would be "outdated". No, maybe minor security issues are going to have to be fixed in another patch, but it's absolute necesarry for major bugs such as the February security patch to be released. It's flawed thinking.

Plus you OP lot always like to talk about fast updates and how other companies push them slowly, but when OP now does the same thing you blow up with excuses. Same occured with the missing headphone jack, or the painting effect, jello, touch latency, bugs, etc. Enjoy the price hike for the OP7!

11. keithgpowell

keithgpowell , Feb 18, 2019 :
    No. Your logic is faulty. Don't be silly and exaggerate.

If security updates are available, obviously install them. But they are probably out of date even before you install them.

I'm also saying don't get paranoid(no not the custom ROM, but come to think of it, install it it if you are paranoid and hopefully get faster security updates, - I don't know).

But as I've said here before, I have a custom ROM on an Android TV box, with Android 4.4, KitKat I think. So it's several years old. It never had a security patch(?) or any updates. And as far as I know, touch wood, I've never had its security compromised.

Also, it would be nice to be in OP's pocket. Then they could pay me to enhance my old age pension .

And I will stick with my OP3, untill it or I give up the ghost.
    It does what I need/want.

12. wospino
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 19, 2019

wospino , Feb 19, 2019 :
    update is coming soon... February 29th

13. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Feb 19, 2019

ghostofcain , Feb 19, 2019 :
    s9bPVaK.gif Congratulations, you are the 100th user to attempt this joke!

14. Ankitbhat12345
    Jelly Bean Feb 19, 2019

15. Punk_69
    Lollipop Feb 19, 2019

Punk_69 , Feb 19, 2019 :
    someday :rolleyes:

I miss accent colors though ( Switched to Mi A2 )

Ankitbhat12345 and Auristic like this.
  16. ashujain13
    Eclair Feb 19, 2019

17. haseoxth

haseoxth , Feb 19, 2019 :
    this is called business

18. Cosmos_NT
    KitKat Feb 19, 2019

Cosmos_NT , Feb 19, 2019 :
    wait I thought it was really coming ! how sad it is ![e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e] lol

19. TheSpoken

TheSpoken , Feb 19, 2019 :

keithgpowell

No. Your logic is faulty. Don't be silly and exaggerate.

If security updates are available, obviously install them. But they are probably out of date even before you install them.

I'm also saying don't get paranoid(no not the custom ROM, but come to think of it, install it it if you are paranoid and hopefully get faster security updates, - I don't know).

But as I've said here before, I have a custom ROM on an Android TV box, with Android 4.4, KitKat I think. So it's several years old. It never had a security patch(?) or any updates. And as far as I know, touch wood, I've never had its security compromised.

Also, it would be nice to be in OP's pocket. Then they could pay me to enhance my old age pension .

And I will stick with my OP3, untill it or I give up the ghost.
    It does what I need/want.​

It's no exaggeration, so much more is done on your phone compared to that tv box of yours. If updates aren't a priority, good for you, you can buy pretty much any android phone.

Businesses do require a certain security patch, and sometimes if you have confidential information security patches are a priority, even if it is just something silly for you. Major bugs are major bugs and the Feb security patch is absolutely necesarry, again the patch being outdated doesn't change the fixes of a major security issues and smaller ones.

I do a lot with my phone too, maybe you don't. Custom roms tend to be buggy and have their own issues that don't make them reliable.

Amyways keep your 3, I'll definitely upgrade my 3t to a better brand (possibly the blackberry key 3 with that sweet keyboard or a note).

20. uarvshi19790
    Froyo Feb 19, 2019