Android P is coming to the OnePlus 3 and 3T

1. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Feb 19, 2019

ghostofcain , Feb 19, 2019 :
    Flagrant security risk.

Google moved to monthly security updates to ape the likes of MS and apple, personally I'd much rather they patched vulnerabilities as they where found not to some arbitrary schedule.

I know go figure, no such issue with this one on the same subject

Blade2565, Bobbie63 and Auristic like this.
  2. Punk_69
    Lollipop Feb 19, 2019

Punk_69 , Feb 19, 2019 :
    Where I live, NFC Payments are not a thing (yet) and would probably take years to come.
    And honestly, I dont really care about NFC.

Yea, even though it stated that the glass was gorilla glass, it did get scratched easily.

But yea, I love it, surprisingly.... I miss a few things from OnePlus and especially the headphone jack..... but yea I'm slowly moving on.

And ofcourse, I've already planned to buy another oneplus device after my internship, so probably I will have to use NFC then.

Joehad83 likes this.
  3. G_Deepender_S.K_VSTN
    Donut Feb 19, 2019

DmitryBelyaev likes this.
  4. Blue-agila
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 19, 2019

Blue-agila , Feb 19, 2019 :
    Nov 3018

Blade2565 and keithgpowell like this.
  5. desosav
    Froyo Feb 19, 2019

desosav , Feb 19, 2019 :

Blade2565

Blah blah for some people like ur self nothing is important, if it was not important why Google would release it​

Software companies - google included- keep shorter lifecycle for their products than they used to, to boost hardware sales which will boost their software sales/adoption and income. This is what is important to them, not just releasing new features for enthusiasts.

Blade2565 likes this.
  6. keithgpowell

keithgpowell , Feb 19, 2019 :
    Well, just wondering where you were and awake! Occasionally need to check you read all the dross.

it's strange how my back teeth are aching after writing that.

Blue-agila likes this.
  7. G_Sailor_Perrins_iSBz
    Donut Feb 19, 2019

8. keithgpowell

keithgpowell , Feb 19, 2019 :
    I forgot. ALSO

Turn off and never use NFC

9. M1550590691382
    Cupcake Feb 19, 2019

10. gazz1701
    Jelly Bean Feb 19, 2019

gazz1701 , Feb 19, 2019 :
    Check out the support section of your local OnePlus web site...

ghostofcain likes this.
  11. M1550590691382
    Cupcake Feb 19, 2019

12. gazz1701
    Jelly Bean Feb 19, 2019

Guessing they have been working... maybe first on updates for 6T, then Pie for 5/5T, more updates, then maybe (hopefully) they work on Pie for 3/3T, although no guarantee... who knows if they started our not, there is no date for delivery remember?

13. M1550590691382
    Cupcake Feb 19, 2019

14. gazz1701
    Jelly Bean Feb 19, 2019

If you mean where is update, it's not here right now... it's gone, sorry, it wandered off while wasn't looking... did you want it?

keithgpowell likes this.
  15. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Feb 19, 2019

Nope this is a user forum.

Strange, no doors on my OP3.

I believe it's gone off to see @Bobbie63 with Kiera Knightly

gazz1701, Bobbie63 and Auristic like this.
  16. Ankitbhat12345
    Jelly Bean Feb 19, 2019

17. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Feb 19, 2019

gazz1701 and Kunlan like this.
  18. TheSpoken

TheSpoken , Feb 19, 2019 :
    keithgpowell

Carefully read my posts. I did *not* say security was silly.

My android TV box is a mini computer just doesn't phone but might with a dongle.

So, if you are really security conscious, I assume you have:-

turned off face/finger/voice/body and pickup detection.
    virus and malware detection
    pin protection
    screen lock after say 10seconds
    Google Play protect to scan *all* apps
    Find my phone
    encrypted the phone
    2 stage verification
    VPN
    turned off BT
    turned off wifi
    encrypted and pinned sim
    pin lock for every app
    removed sim
    superglued phone to your hand
    etc and anything I've forgotten or don't know about.
    or just don't use a smart phone or a pc

Again with more fallacies, if something can be fixed why shouldn't it? Security patches are important, even IF google is somehow seeing personal data its better than having more people seeing that data. Local data cannot be accessed easily by Google anyways. Your examples are completely different from what a website would use info for vs what those would access (or lack of). Some of your examples also come to the user, but my argument is that if a major problem can be fixed with a patch it should absolutely be pushed, even if there are other security concerns that aren't controllable by the company.

A phone should be used, but obvious patches help with protecting sensitive data stored locally, at least from MORE peeping an potentially more people having access to sensitive information.

For instance if it was windows xp from 2001 and xp from 2009,it's obvious that you'd want the latest version because less security vunreabilties always exist, even if you can potentially prevent any data from being leaked locally or a virus.

If it isn't important OP and it's fanboys should stop preaching about "faster updates" on the newer phones. It doesn't mattwr what your arguments are, a problem should be fixed, especially one that is in OP control. Security updates don't take much resources anways to push.

19. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Feb 19, 2019

I agree with you in principle but monthly security patches aren't about providing timely patches to security holes, but with providing the appearance of uptodate security.

BTW given the choice between 2001 winXp or Windows vista/7 I'd take the older windows anyday, newer isn't always better.

20. kevinkrg6
    Honeycomb Feb 19, 2019

DmitryBelyaev and jasprjay like this.