Android P is coming to the OnePlus 3 and 3T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. konnerdave
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 5, 2019

konnerdave , Mar 5, 2019 :
    That was the only option left to stay in the latest update league ;-) .

OPO OOS lover likes this.
  2. deveshsingh209
    Eclair Mar 5, 2019

deveshsingh209 , Mar 5, 2019 :
    I really don't care much about os updates but since security updates do affect my ability to use my phone for work, I do care about security updates. I repeat "at-least security updates for 4 years."

3. runboy93
    Jelly Bean Mar 5, 2019

runboy93 , Mar 5, 2019 :
    On 3/3T LineageOS 16? If so, then I will go on LineageOS straight way.

4. RogerOriginals

RogerOriginals , Mar 5, 2019 :

deveshsingh209

I really don't care much about os updates but since security updates do affect my ability to use my phone for work, I do care about security updates. I repeat "at-least security updates for 4 years."​

One Plus didn't say they will stop with the security updates. No need to repeat stuff again and again, thank you. Also, I didn't mention about security updates. My post was about those crying for Pie. Maybe you'll want to re-read it.

5. astralbee

astralbee , Mar 5, 2019 :
    Does keeping this thread alive make the update come faster? No, probably not. But if they try and cheat us out of it like they did with the Oneplus 2 then this ridiculously long thread can stand as a testament to their shame.

6. TheSpoken

TheSpoken , Mar 5, 2019 :
    Yup seems like it, especially considering how long Pie has been out for. It's worth flashing, lineage has developed pie for a while.

OnePlus is gonna take another 2-3 months from the looks of it to release Pie, especially considering another Oxygenos update will be based off oreo

7. deveshsingh209
    Eclair Mar 6, 2019

deveshsingh209 , Mar 6, 2019 :
    I guess you have not seen their support time-line.. It star is updates for 2 years ans another year for security patches.
    Which translates to no patch support after 3 years from launch.. If there is an official post which says otherwise, I would be really glad.
    All u am saying is pie upgrade is a luxury and is much more effort in comparison to providing security patches.
    I agree that this thread is for pie update and i would refrain from saying anything about patches here. Just wanted to bring the official support plan to your notice.

8. RogerOriginals
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 6, 2019

RogerOriginals , Mar 6, 2019 :
    I'm very much aware of the official update plan. I'm not a noob, you see. I read stuff. Carefully. Very carefully.

9. deveshsingh209
    Eclair Mar 6, 2019

You seem to be taking it personally. I am new to the forums and might have said something out of context.
    I believe people are spamming this thread cause they have hope in OP. If it were any other company, people wouldn't even try asking much. OP has set a new bar in all areas and customers have high hopes to see the same when it comes to updates.
    We are not attacking or abusing OP. Just a +1 for the request for updates.

PS: having a small team is not an excuse as it's not an open source software. OP is the most selling phone in India in its segment and I think that they should be able to invest more in maintenance to keep their brand name.

10. RogerOriginals

Personally? Lol.

I aimed my post towards those demanding for Pie. You said you're fine with no Pie as long as you get security updates, and yet you tagged my post to reply me directly. It's so evident who took it personally.

One Plus is not as big as Samsung or LG or other major players. Sure, they do sell a lot of phones, but you're forgetting the fact that they price their phones much lower than others, that means lower profits on the phones sold. It's unfair to compare them with other big manufacturers just because 'they sell well'. Other major players like LG, Samsung, Apple, Xiaomi have other businesses where they get their money from. OP doesn't.

11. deveshsingh209
    Eclair Mar 6, 2019

As I said: "new to the forums"
    So, My bad replying to your comment and probably bad place to ask for updates.
    I hope OP provided some on-device feedback option to get a sense of user demand. So that users don't have to go to forums.

12. RogerOriginals

[e]1f44d[/e]

U1551870432496 likes this.
  13. rich2e
    Gingerbread Mar 6, 2019

rich2e , Mar 6, 2019 :
    Why the heck do so many of you all argue about this stupid sh..?
    We'll all just keep checking here to see if it's out yet, why F argue about the bs nonsense?????

14. shaboddin
    Froyo Mar 6, 2019

U1551870432496 likes this.
  15. Ash122417
    Cupcake Mar 6, 2019

Ash122417 , Mar 6, 2019 :
    they haven't even given the security update since november. How can we expect them to give android p as they have said that there is one more security update yet to come before pie.

16. Topper_Gas
    KitKat Mar 6, 2019

Topper_Gas , Mar 6, 2019 :
    Says the poster who has to swear on here for no obvious reasons!!

keithgpowell and RoverX like this.
  17. chandramoulipolavarapu
    Honeycomb Mar 6, 2019

chandramoulipolavarapu , Mar 6, 2019 :
    After few android websites intervention about David y message, he said something favourite/new suprise coming to op3/3t users in coming days, so that will mostly consists of pie and security update, so don't worry of security update and pie

18. iElevation
    Froyo Mar 6, 2019

iElevation , Mar 6, 2019 :
    any link or screenshot?

19. ATQali
    Froyo Mar 6, 2019

ATQali , Mar 6, 2019 :
    Android Pie coming to OP 3/3T. We will keep you all updated in the coming months - Gary C.

Coming months ...... 7 months completed....still coming.....5 more months then it will become coming Years....

OP 3/3T still alive and with larger user database. OP is following the same way as other mobile companies.

CptnAbhi and Alexciszz like this.
  20. G_Hiren_Trivedi_JfFZ
    Gingerbread Mar 6, 2019

G_Hiren_Trivedi_JfFZ , Mar 6, 2019 :
    9 months is ideal time to produce baby so just keep calm and wait for another 2 months its just 7 months old thread :p
    there is also chance of miscarriage so be prepared for it. :eek: