Android P is coming to the OnePlus 3 and 3T

1. ghostofcain Lollipop Mar 21, 2019

ghostofcain, Mar 21, 2019 :
    Forcing, how? I was free to buy a device from any manufacturer to replace my OP3.

RoverX and 6301995 like this.
  2. dhsgsb Froyo Mar 21, 2019

dhsgsb, Mar 21, 2019 :
    4GB ram is a deal-breaker but I think they will improve that on the next version

3. Vaseem99 Gingerbread Mar 21, 2019

4. malidan Marshmallow Mar 21, 2019

malidan, Mar 21, 2019 :
    It's longer than 6 months, it's into months 8 now and someone was saying they would settle for a beta:tearsofjoy:

This is a blag of biblical proportions. They should have said, just give us the best part of a year.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019

ghostofcain likes this.
  5. ghostofcain Lollipop Mar 21, 2019

Many of us did.

6. 6301995 Froyo Mar 21, 2019

6301995, Mar 21, 2019 :
    So you hate ios?
    Dark mode is coming to ios 13

7. dhsgsb Froyo Mar 21, 2019

dhsgsb, Mar 21, 2019 :
    you should really go to the business school for understanding that. Its too hard to explain but making the older device less attractive makes the new products attractive. Apple admitted that's what happen to them in the recent times. cause they give great support for their older devices.
    I can simply explain that by a question. If your 3 year old smartphone is working perfectly and in the latest software why would you upgrade and assume you don't care about a better camera?

fcbx347 likes this.
  8. dhsgsb Froyo Mar 21, 2019

dhsgsb, Mar 21, 2019 :
    na I am not interested in iOS
    Android is way better for my usage.

6301995 likes this.
  9. keithgpowell Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 21, 2019

keithgpowell, Mar 21, 2019 :
    But even if what you both are saying is true, some,perhaps many, gripers may not be able to afford iPhone or pixel, let alone an OP7.

So your recommendations, may not be helpful to them even if they want or need to abandon OP. Neither does it help those who still find the OP3/t is great kit and value for money., but would just like to have the updates yesterday or before.

Of course the gripers who are only miffed about broken promises, can't ever be helped. They will gripe even after updates have arrived.

10. Topper_Gas Jelly Bean Mar 21, 2019

Topper_Gas, Mar 21, 2019 :

Given no other non Pixel device using the 820 SoC has received Pie, then if it takes OP a full 12 months OP3 users will have received better OS support than any other smartphone company has managed in terms of OS updates.

OP were too honest really what they should have done was give us 8.1 then left if a few months before announcing we were getting Pie, the posters now whinging about the delay would have most likely been crying tears of joy that their beloved devices were getting an unexpected gift from OP if they had done it that way.

The truth is if you want guaranteed prompt updates, particularly if it's a works phone, then buy an iPhone or Pixel and pay the premium price for the additional software support.

CptnAbhi, 6301995 and ghostofcain like this.
  11. malidan Marshmallow Mar 21, 2019

12. AndreiRadu Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 21, 2019

AndreiRadu, Mar 21, 2019 :
    Many would have been already sold or dump their devices if it were for an unexpected surprise.

13. dhsgsb Froyo Mar 21, 2019

dhsgsb, Mar 21, 2019 :
    lol nice to meet you OPSheep.... you literally don't belong here You should go to Shenzhen BBK electronics headquarters show them this comment.They will give you a job. They can't deny your request [e]1f602[/e]

fcbx347 likes this.
  14. ghostofcain Lollipop Mar 21, 2019

I assume they'll let me keep my Huawei Mate 10 pro? Can't be doing with the tiny batteries you OnePlus users get saddled with.

Auristic and RoverX like this.
  15. malidan Marshmallow Mar 21, 2019

malidan, Mar 21, 2019 :
    Please:tearsofjoy:
    I dont expect anything much after 2 years. Personally I would have been happy with 8.1 which you would have had over a year ago and security updates .
    That would have at least seen the OP3 on January rather than November security patch. If Google don't see fit to update their 2016 offering why are OP waisting their time?
    The outcome of this update I am eager to see, if it's anything like the usual they will have plenty to do after its release.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019

CptnAbhi, nope1nope, 6301995 and 2 others like this.
  16. ghostofcain Lollipop Mar 21, 2019

And? Where people led to expect one?

Auristic and keithgpowell like this.
  17. dhsgsb Froyo Mar 21, 2019

dhsgsb, Mar 21, 2019 :
    lol you are using the Huawei mobile and commenting on Android updates. you are such a joke. I am talking to OnePlus users and Pixel users. you can go and argue with Samsung uses but they have better hardware. the only thing you are better than OnePlus is the battery... please use a feature phone if battery is the only concern for you. Don't argue with OnePlus/Pixel users about the software.

18. Topper_Gas Jelly Bean Mar 21, 2019

Topper_Gas, Mar 21, 2019 :
    Why what's the Pie update really going to bring to make it worthwhile to not trade up to a new phone, which will not only be already running Pie but also have a far better processor and screen size etc. Most users are probably like me, content with my device at present and have no real intention of selling until either the battery starts deteriorating or running apps/games tarts to become an issue.

6301995 and ghostofcain like this.
  19. ghostofcain Lollipop Mar 21, 2019

It might help in future if you preface all your posts thusly, save anyone a different device accidentally reading them.

Care to come see my camera, no. How about my turbo charge feature in the time your battery fast charges to 60% I hit 4000maH. Oh and did I mention I've got pie

You might want to reread my posts, not once have I dissed OnePlus' software update policy, hence my regular fanboy label.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019

Auristic and keithgpowell like this.
  20. AndreiRadu Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 21, 2019

AndreiRadu, Mar 21, 2019 :
    Mainly these features https://www.android.com/versions/pie-9-0/
    Plus those from Oneplus, a little design change to fresh things up...

sketrick likes this.