Android P is coming to the OnePlus 3 and 3T

1. dhsgsb
    Froyo Mar 21, 2019

dhsgsb , Mar 21, 2019 :
    lol okay you stick with your points I am not gonna buy another OnePlus device because of the broken promises I think Google might be better at keeping their phones up-to-date

mabdelazimsh likes this.
  2. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean Mar 21, 2019

Topper_Gas , Mar 21, 2019 :
    Hopefully they will have plenty to do as it will then mean there's more updates to download and so support won't cease once we finally get Pie.

3. malidan
    Marshmallow Mar 21, 2019

malidan , Mar 21, 2019 :
    Nah mate.
    The OP7, 7T, 5G and TV are due this year.
    They will also have the 6T,6,5T,5 to service, you will be lucky if you see much else after the next.
    You boys have no sense of reality you had your 2 years be happy with that, flash a rom or sell and move on.
    I've had a iPhone for more years than I can remember and I don't remember a version update after 2 years ever making the device better and I use it for 10hrs a day 5 days a week. ;)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019

ghostofcain likes this.
  4. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean Mar 21, 2019

Topper_Gas , Mar 21, 2019 :
    "The outcome of this update I am eager to see, if it's anything like the usual they will have plenty to do after its release."

Make your mind up, either they'll have plenty to do or they won't do anything you can't have it both ways. Not really sure who's expecting post Pie the OP3's will be a better device, as I'm not as I doubt a 820 SoC device can run much better than mine does at present. I'm just intrigued to see what another update brings to our devices. If it ruins it then I'll just revert to 5.0.8 which is perfect for my needs at present when I'm using it 16 hours a day 7 days a week.

Thanks for the guidance about selling my device but whilst the battery holds up I've got better things to do with my hard earned money than needless waste it on a new mobile phone. Plus like most users with an interest in the Pie update I have zero interest in custom ROMS.

5. malidan
    Marshmallow Mar 21, 2019

malidan , Mar 21, 2019 :
    Dude its OP and that means BUGS. I'm not sure what gave you the impression I was expecting anything but.
    I only do custom roms on old devices which yours is,what you will get from OP will not match the most matured customs.

6. kraviteja007
    Froyo Mar 22, 2019

kraviteja007 , Mar 22, 2019 :
    inbtw you should get a life ;__;

Bobbie63 and RoverX like this.
  7. Sunilgupta1983
    Cupcake Mar 22, 2019

8. Ankitbhat12345
    Jelly Bean Mar 22, 2019

9. pharandeamit
    Froyo Mar 22, 2019

pharandeamit , Mar 22, 2019 :

Sunilgupta1983

Finally the android pie is coming soon..
    It's on test in China and will realese soon globally..

https://www.xda-developers.com/oneplus-3-3t-oxygenos-android-pie-hydrogenos-testers/

Ha ha ha... You still thinks it will come soon? lol One Plus is LAZY AF... They are gonna first test Hydrogen OS beta in China then maybe they will release Open Beta for OOS Pie which is need to flash manually so basically 80% users ain't gonna get that shit... and finally they will take fuc***Ng don't know how many months to release Global Stable OOS Pie... that's the Reality Dude... Don't fall for Lazy One Plus false Promises..

#lazyoneplus

10. L1542733432685
    Froyo Mar 22, 2019

11. Manu J.
    Global Product Operations Manager Staff Member Mar 22, 2019

Stickied Post
    Manu J. , Mar 22, 2019 :
    Hey everyone,

We have been hard at work baking that sweet pie, to ensure it tastes delicious we'd like to invite some of you to taste it first and make sure it's ready to serve it to the rest of the community.

Being part of Closed Beta testing will require flashing builds very often and sometimes a clean flash is needed, which might cause data loss. Fancy being a tester? Please apply HERE.

Applications open till 2 pm GMT 23/3/2019.

12. 97pratyush
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 22, 2019

97pratyush , Mar 22, 2019 :
    Applied.
    Btw, Open Beta would've been nice.

13. Arjun Muchhadiya
    Eclair Mar 22, 2019

Arjun Muchhadiya , Mar 22, 2019 :
    Great news OnePlus!

manuel19 likes this.
  14. Y1517128233892
    Donut Mar 22, 2019

15. pharandeamit
    Froyo Mar 22, 2019

Agreed... Instead of Closed Beta Open Beta would have been nice

B.yashaswi and Ankitbhat12345 like this.
  16. Hydra Bob
    Starting Point Expert Mar 22, 2019

Hydra Bob , Mar 22, 2019 :
    Not if it resulted in data loss for thousands of people like they seem to be implying could happen to the closed testers. I'm sure they have their reasons for taking the approach they are. At least they're keeping us informed of the progress this time.

17. Bharanivijay
    Honeycomb Mar 22, 2019

Bharanivijay , Mar 22, 2019 :
    So you are giving a closed beta build. What about @DavidY talking about giving OTA update which will take atleast 4 days on 18.03.19. So the reason given was CTS issue right? CTS means issue with OTA ,right? Then why are you giving a closed beta, instead of giving a open beta. Then the issue with OTS CTS are lies. So,there are no OTAs planned. You said that to shut our mouths. Now you are trying to shut our mouths by giving a closed beta, which only few people can flash it. Hell you should have given us the 8.1 update, and bi-monthly updates.

18. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean Mar 22, 2019

Topper_Gas , Mar 22, 2019 :
    What you'd sooner a buggy open beta released so you'd have something else to complain about? At least if a closed beta is released we know an open beta &/or stable release will eventually follow. Plus it seems like it will be a big update if a closed beta is required.

manuel19 and Shooper like this.
  19. 更號貳
    Cupcake Mar 22, 2019

更號貳 , Mar 22, 2019 :
    I want to participate.

20. pharandeamit
    Froyo Mar 22, 2019

Completely Agree... #lazyoneplus #onepluslied