Android P is coming to the OnePlus 3 and 3T

1. Andrea Confessore Donut Mar 22, 2019

Andrea Confessore, Mar 22, 2019 :
    Great! Hope i'm on board!
    Sever settle

iqbalanis likes this.
  2. 6301995 Froyo Mar 22, 2019

6301995, Mar 22, 2019 :
    Sony released pie update for xz2 and xz2 compact in October.For xz premium,xz1,xz1 compact it was released in November.

iqbalanis likes this.
  3. PandaDanpa Cupcake Mar 22, 2019

iqbalanis likes this.
  4. Dresa91 Oreo Mar 22, 2019

Dresa91, Mar 22, 2019 :
    hope you all read the part of Manu which said: "clean flash sometimes" etc.
    Note, this is really for testing and not for saying "I am. the first" .
    Please keep all in mind that there will be bugs und you may lose data!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019

5. F_Henrik_Madsen_wfQs Gingerbread Mar 22, 2019

F_Henrik_Madsen_wfQs, Mar 22, 2019 :
    So the one thing (Update new devices) makes it impossible to do another thing (Update older devices) at the same time.

I guess that your rationale is that all of OP's developers are a big lump that can only be assigned collectively to one task at a time.

Oh and it is IMPOSSIBLE to hire more people, if the ones you have can not keep up with the promises you make.

Must be real easy living in a world, as black and white as that.

Bálint Csizmadia and fcbx347 like this.
  6. smallhgih Donut Mar 22, 2019

smallhgih, Mar 22, 2019 :
    [QUOTE =“Manu J.,post:20062289,member:1376263”]大家好,

我们一直在努力烘焙甜馅饼,为了确保它的味道好吃,我们想邀请你们中的一些人先品尝它,并确保它能够为社区其他人服务。

作为封闭式Beta测试的一部分,需要经常进行闪存构建,有时需要干净的闪存,这可能会导致数据丢失。想成为一名测试员吗?请在这里申请。

申请截止至格林威治标准时间23/3/2019下午2点。[/ QUOTE]
    already submitted! Trouble through my test requirements! Thank you

7. 6301995 Froyo Mar 22, 2019

6301995, Mar 22, 2019 :
    where are you from?
    Google's service sucks

8. PTuT Jelly Bean Mar 22, 2019

PTuT, Mar 22, 2019 :
    Exactly. People will rush to get it without realizing what it entails. Sigh...

9. JacobTseng Cupcake Mar 22, 2019

10. Dresa91 Oreo Mar 22, 2019

Dresa91, Mar 22, 2019 :
    Right....They just see: Pie Beta

11. nullizer Cupcake Mar 22, 2019

nullizer, Mar 22, 2019 :
    Closed beta is a bit meaningless. You need clean flash (loss data) anyway in a major android upgrade...

12. F_Henrik_Madsen_wfQs Gingerbread Mar 22, 2019

Until now this is only something OP has said, not actually delivered.

Some years ago HTC promised an update to the ONE S, they kept delaying the release but said that it was "just around the corner" and after saying that for a while they suddenly said it would not come, as it was suddenly impossible to get it running on the ONE S, despite the fact they had said, multiple times that it was almost ready for release. (Sounds like the situation we have here, right).

So just because they promised us bi-monthly security updates, that does not make us entitled to receive this.

In any event, promising someone, something and not giving it to them, is going to make people get really mad, and making people with devices that are nearing their end of life in the next year or so mad, is really bad for business as this is likely to make then NOT buy the new device you have out, that has to make you money.

We will release bi-monthly security updates....

Last security update was 4 months ago. (Technically if they dont release a security update by next weekend, they broke the promise twice).

Until some hacker starts using any of the MANY security flaws that has been patched by google, but OP has not bothered pushing to the users phones.

I would argue that if someone made some ransomware that used one of the flaws to "hijack" the users phones and present them with a "Give me all your money to unlock this phone and restore your pictures" and it got out that this was only affecting OP3(t) users that had not gotten updates, as promised, this would be REALLY bad for their reputation.

Not saying that this will ever happen, but saying it is not important to protect the users from this, is like saying "It is very unlikely that i will crash my car, so i dont need the seatbelt".

This is exactly the reason i will never buy a HTC device and to that list i will add Oneplus. Oneplus is just as untrustworthy now as HTC was some years ago, when they burned users of ONE S devices that was similarily promised updates, that never matrialised.

I just dont understand how it is that HTC, SONY and SAMSUNG burned you and that made you mad and decided not to buy those brands, but still here you are, defending OP, when they do the same.

fcbx347 likes this.
  13. F_Henrik_Madsen_wfQs Gingerbread Mar 22, 2019

And most likely they will only put the security updates into the BETA, so 99% of users wont get them, but still claim that they honor their promise to update security bi-monthly as those will be in the beta's that "no one" will install.

14. PTuT Jelly Bean Mar 22, 2019

PTuT, Mar 22, 2019 :
    Come on, give it a break. They do work on it and probably decided that closed beta as the first step is the best option. They want to probably minimize sittuation where releasing too buggy Pie to everyone becauses crashes or loss of data. You know how would people react to such a sittuation (hint: hell would break).

15. F_Henrik_Madsen_wfQs Gingerbread Mar 22, 2019

My wife updates her Pocophone from Android 8.1 to 9.0 without clean flash and without loosing anything.

16. Dresa91 Oreo Mar 22, 2019

Dresa91, Mar 22, 2019 :
    Does the Pocophone have Project Treble?

Auristic likes this.
  17. misousa903 Froyo Mar 22, 2019

misousa903, Mar 22, 2019 :
    As per today's news of 22nd March, OnePlus is NOW recruiting testers for Android P for the OnePlus 3. in other words, don't expect it in a hurry.."ITS COMING" is a joke ....

18. Andrea Confessore Donut Mar 22, 2019

Andrea Confessore, Mar 22, 2019 :
    yes sir.
    I understood very well.
    I clean flash roms every 1-2 days already now.

i've not important data on my phone and can loss data without problems.
    But, thanks for the advertising.

Andrea

Bobbie63 and Dresa91 like this.
  19. 6301995 Froyo Mar 22, 2019

6301995, Mar 22, 2019 :
    stable or beta

20. 6301995 Froyo Mar 22, 2019

6301995, Mar 22, 2019 :
    why do you clean flash roms every 1-2 days?