Android P is coming to the OnePlus 3 and 3T

1. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean Apr 11, 2019

prasannaraja2, AcidBurn99 and Ganibal like this.
  2. tpati
    Gingerbread Apr 11, 2019

3. elanglois
    Lollipop Apr 11, 2019

elanglois , Apr 11, 2019 :
    I would evalute the problem first to make sure. That was the point of the questions I posed. You could also try flashing a different RADIO firmware, but that is more difficult and dangerous.

I don't know of any Magisk modules that do the trick, but Xposed had a module, and many custom ROMs. The Xposed module let you set a wakeup window where it would attempt 4G/LTE at various intervals so you can get network notifications. I have the 2G trick built into the ROM I run, but it doesn't scheduke wake-ups, so turning it on means I won't get notifications when on LTE with the screen off.

I would start by finding out your signal strength and how much that varies (in dB, not bars) and see if people on the same carrier in that area have similar problems. Usually, the high standby drain is from a weak signal where the phone is constantly looking for a better LTE signal. Why not "fix" it? If the phone gave up, people would need to force the phone to reconnect to 4G and you'll hear of people needing to reboot the device Airplane mode off and back on in order to connect to 4G.

Its very possible that people complaining about the latter issue caused a firmware update that made the system more aggressive in looking for an LTE signal. So, an older radio/modem firmware could help if you knew when the problem began.

Xposed, custom ROMs, and flashing firmwares all require an unlocked bootloader. Unlocking it wipes everything, even your music and pictures, so do your best to investigate the problem before attempting a "fix"!

4. abhibnl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 11, 2019

abhibnl , Apr 11, 2019 :
    That means your modem is consuming power and there could be many reasons for it. I don't think it's an issue. Maybe you live in an area where 4G signal is weak but your ss says otherwise. Maybe you use 4G all day, that would drain the battery.

5. elanglois
    Lollipop Apr 11, 2019

I still haven't changed from my AnySoft keyboard. It doesn't do gesture typing (its in beta and it sucks) but you can swipe between keyboards or swipe up to get a popup with specialty select/cut/paste options, arrows, home/end, etc. Lots of good features and different layouts available.
    1555020477288.jpg

Hydra Bob likes this.
  6. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Apr 11, 2019

BobbyV8_ , Apr 11, 2019 :
    Whichever way you want to frame it, can't experience EAS benefits on OOS. They have their own version

7. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Apr 11, 2019

Hydra Bob , Apr 11, 2019 :
    I'm having trouble finding the source but I think what he was referring to is supposedly there are aspects included in the source code for the 845 that Qualcomm provides to its partners that make it easier for OEMs to implement EAS.

Of course there's still going to be a lot of room for interpretation in how they do that for OEMs to screw things up. This article mentions it in passing without really citing a source, but to go off on a bit of a tangent they also mention some things about OPs attempt at EAS that I think are indicative of the problems with the direction OOS development has taken lately.

Source:
    https://www.xda-developers.com/google-pixel-fastest-android-phone-eas/amp/

Seems as though their priorities are set on battery life at the cost of performance and usability lately. And that's not even mentioning all the things they've been messing with in memory management and everything else.

8. elanglois
    Lollipop Apr 11, 2019

I believe the energy models for the 845 are well published, while the 820/821 uses code from Google Pixel. Anything you put in the kernel is open source.

That doesn't mean ALL 845 devices are EAS. I wouldn't even think most of them.

EAS has always kinda favored the lowest power needed to get the job done, but that's where the PowerHAL comes in. This is similar to the old "touchboost" but much more fine grained. Default parameters on the Pixel were set extremely high, while defaults on Vertex were around 1/10th of those.

I think Oneplus should hire RenderZenith and Joshuous. I think they've even offered to donate their work if I remember correctly. And yes, Oneplus has been getting a bit crazy in the memory management area. The "embryo" stuff might have some minor gains, but then they want to aggressively kill other tasks to make room. They should stick to the lightweight skin and value-added features and leave the internals alone (or let RZ & Joshuous do it)

Oneplus can't even fix the damn Community app to be able to quote a message properly!

o22ie and Hydra Bob like this.
  9. elanglois
    Lollipop Apr 11, 2019

G_Dmitry_Glushko_CVji likes this.
  10. rich2e
    Gingerbread Apr 12, 2019

rich2e , Apr 12, 2019 :
    I can't believe there's not one update yet to the pie beta closed yet, guess I should though.

11. Neddard
    Lollipop Apr 12, 2019

Neddard , Apr 12, 2019 :
    Maybe there have been multiple releases to the CB testers, and the leaker of the first got plugged. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mage115, gazz1701 and Android450 like this.
  12. Android450
    Marshmallow Apr 12, 2019

Android450 , Apr 12, 2019 :
    It's closed beta.... How would you know what they do or don't get?

gazz1701, Hydra Bob and Neddard like this.
  13. Cosmos_NT
    KitKat Apr 12, 2019

Cosmos_NT , Apr 12, 2019 :
    That's what I was trying to explain from very first moment ! Well now only thing is don't take side with OP because they are about to fail for second time for delivering Patch.

14. gowtham.d4
    Froyo Apr 12, 2019

gowtham.d4 , Apr 12, 2019 :
    OnePlus is now focussing on OnePlus 7, so that they are not updating even the 6t. In this case it will take long for 3/3t to updated.

Sunatullo likes this.
  15. Suresh07
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 12, 2019

16. Deactivated User
    Apr 12, 2019

gowtham.d4 likes this.
  17. G_Nasrathulla_Shaikh_mxr
    Gingerbread Apr 12, 2019

G_Nasrathulla_Shaikh_mxr , Apr 12, 2019 :
    I have installed android P h2os on my 3T earlier through local upgrade,it was pretty stable but was unable to open some apps like Amazon shopping and a banking app IDFC other than that it might be due to I installed pie h2os on Oreo oos ...it was great...I have enrolled for Pie beta tester but unfortunately not accepted...
    antutu score with Oreo is about 128k but on pie it is above 158 k..huge difference right...pretty smooth as well...

great build coming soon guys...kudos to developers

18. shubhphoenix
    Donut Apr 12, 2019

shubhphoenix , Apr 12, 2019 :
    Since past two months, everywhere this thing is just buzzing around.
    But when actually it will be there in our phones?
    Damn patience test [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]

19. Shehin Muhammed
    Froyo Apr 12, 2019

20. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Apr 12, 2019

camohan , Apr 12, 2019 :
    How mang software developers have you known or met?

saikiran4ever likes this.