Android P is coming to the OnePlus 3 and 3T

1. prasannaraja2
    Honeycomb Apr 13, 2019

prasannaraja2 , Apr 13, 2019 :
    they dont even respond to feedbacks like

native video calling is basic and most requested feature present in all android device and even in other one plus devices but is is still not present in 3 3t not even in leaked Pie CB.

dark modein community app is a long requested feature but still it is not available,they are really slow

F_Shubham_Amale_FIsQ likes this.
  2. acarrera77
    Froyo Apr 13, 2019

acarrera77 , Apr 13, 2019 :
    Go to a 5/5T post. Don't come here to piss off

3. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Apr 13, 2019

Hydra Bob , Apr 13, 2019 :
    Can we stop with the pie/oven analogies already? We get it Android uses a dessert based naming scheme but the whole schtick has kind of lost its charm by now.:rolleyes:

No I don't have any sort of inside information on their progress I was just speaking of development in general. The closest I saw to an ETA being announced was when @David Y. posted that they were shooting for a Q1 2019 release date, and yes we are a just a bit past that now but missing your window by a few weeks really isn't all that uncommon of an occurrence when it comes to software development. And one thing I do know for a fact is that, while they may not be responding to every tag and quote, they do have people still monitoring this thread and I can speak from experience that it's frustrating and demoralizing to have to read constant demands and angry comments from people that have no idea of the realities of your job. That's why I have absolutely no sympathy for the people that have been checking this thread every day since July and working themselves up into a tizzy about it when they had no indications that it would be coming any time before at least January at the earliest. You follow the important staff and key team members, check your feed every few days and save yourself a lot of headache, it's really not that difficult of a concept.

But yes I agree the lack of any security updates is definitely something to be concerned about. That's something they promised they'd do and failed to deliver on and we have every right to be upset about and call them out on. And it's not just the 3/3t either, every time they're working on releasing a new model it seems the updates for their existing ones start to lapse. If they don't have enough development staff to work on their new releases without back burnering existing projects and working overtime every six months that's something that needs to be addressed because it's not fair to their current customers or their staff. That's what I mean by the difference between level headed feedback and unreasonable demands.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019

deligarbur, mage115, Neddard and 6 others like this.
  4. PTuT
    Jelly Bean Apr 13, 2019

PTuT , Apr 13, 2019 :
    I agree with you in all you said but you forgot to mention the lack of proper communication. It wouldn't be that hard to pop in and give some update (regularly or when people get too "excited"). I think people would be much appreciative and understanding even if the update says that there was some unforseen problem to be solved. At least we would know why it takes long time.

5. abhi2411
    Gingerbread Apr 13, 2019

abhi2411 , Apr 13, 2019 :
    exactly. maybe he is trying teasing op3 users.

6. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Apr 13, 2019

Yes that's another good point. Communication has always been an area that OnePlus was kind of weak in and while it was nice to see them share some of the progress concerning CTS testing and the like, there's still plenty of room for improvement in that department.

Although I can't put too much blame on them for wanting to avoid the toxic mess this thread has become. I don't particularly enjoy getting called nasty names for just trying to do my job either. Not that it's a valid excuse.

deligarbur, G_plusone and PTuT like this.
  7. Sivalal R
    Froyo Apr 13, 2019

Sivalal R , Apr 13, 2019 :
    all this almost 1000 pages, is worth nothing if they r gona release a pie rom without treble and new a/b partition support. why because since this is the last build its better if we look for 3rd party roms since they have potential to get updated with useful features without telling people to upgrade phones etc. By enabling treble support we can potentially install gsi of next android build especially q which has support for apex packages resulting in individual system components updates etc. i think they will release the pie rom stable directly since a open beta can confirm the absence of such features and can potentially rest in more pages and waste of time and fame. And to people who think this as the third update to android pie, even though technically its true, when op3t was released they already had noughat stable version ready, only needed an update. anyway nice tactics oneplus

8. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 13, 2019

theshinybeast , Apr 13, 2019 :
    It's now being tested, but as a closed beta. When they are confident that it's ready it will then be released as an open beta. Then you will get it and will probably do something idiotic and come back here to cry about it. After that I, for one, will pounce on the opportunity to troll you for being so silly and laugh at the fact that you moaned and griped about an update and , predictably, messed up what you so desperately wanted. Sad, eh?

9. Sivalal R
    Froyo Apr 13, 2019

beautiful explained your low life

10. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 13, 2019

Bobbie63 and Hydra Bob like this.
  11. Mahbub DU
    Honeycomb Apr 13, 2019

Mahbub DU , Apr 13, 2019 :
    Who are you?
    One Plus Employee?
    Are your Belly full of Spoiled Oil?

Am i asking you this Question?
    Idiot are Roaming around here and there

12. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 13, 2019

Low life with a brain I'll have you know, little boy. :kissingheart:

Blue-agila likes this.
  13. Sivalal R
    Froyo Apr 13, 2019

i thought u had a normal brain but u have proven that it is inteed small and narrow minded. Thanks for calling me a little boy, how sweet.

14. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 13, 2019

Are you trying to say something? You need to try harder because that was just incomprehensible gibberish.
    What do you think of Pie? Great isn't it ......ooopps almost forgot, you don't have it. :tearsofjoy:

15. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 13, 2019

I knew you'd like the little boy thing.

Sujknair likes this.
  16. Sivalal R
    Froyo Apr 13, 2019

who dont like being called younger than what they r

17. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 13, 2019

18. Sivalal R
    Froyo Apr 13, 2019

wow just like oneplus's promise, nothingness for a while and them comes up with some shit. im waiting

jasprjay and f00tbaLL like this.
  19. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Apr 13, 2019

Sorry but A/B partitioning is out of the question. It simply requires too much space from a device that was designed before that was ever even a concept. And treble support and a /vendor partition were only possible on the 5/5t because third party developers found an unused partition with sufficient space, there probably isn't one available on the 3/3t. It could still theoretically be possible by carving up a chunk of user data and sacrificing part of your storage space to get it, but that would be a very risky operation to attempt OTA even if users were willing to sacrifice storage to do so. Your best bet for anything resembling Treble would probably be the third party development community. You might actually be better off that way, the Mokee implementation for the 5/5t still has better compatibility with most GSIs than the official version.

And of course it's worth mentioning that there's still a robust community providing plenty of choices for source built custom ROMs for the 3/3t which will almost always work better than generic GSIs anyway.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019

deligarbur and Sivalal R like this.
  20. F_Shubham_Amale_FIsQ
    Froyo Apr 13, 2019

F_Shubham_Amale_FIsQ , Apr 13, 2019 :
    Yeah. Native video calling is a most requested feature but they ignored it.

vishvanjay likes this.