Android P is coming to the OnePlus 3 and 3T

1. dasche Gingerbread Apr 14, 2019

dasche, Apr 14, 2019 :
    I m using skydragon rom. Battery life is phenomenal. Very very stable. Pair it with modded gcam (has better results than oneplus camera app) and root with magisk = perfection. I only miss a couple of oos features like long screenshot and oneplus launcher. I would say again that battery life is way better than any oos i had in last 2 and half years on this device. Other than that, skydragon update is released every month with its own kernel and latest security patches.

https://t.me/SkyDragonUpdates

sinha.sandy and xythiii like this.
  2. Ashutoshgurugram Cupcake Apr 15, 2019

3. Neddard KitKat Apr 15, 2019

Neddard, Apr 15, 2019 :
    Entitlement mentality, much? :rolleyes:

You'll get it, or not, when everyone else waiting gets it. And remember, rollouts are incremental. Not everyone gets it at the same moment after the official release.

RoverX, ssagheer, ghostofcain and 2 others like this.
  4. Ashutoshgurugram Cupcake Apr 15, 2019

Ashutoshgurugram, Apr 15, 2019 :
    ofcourse and whynot ?? with OP brand claiming India to be the second largest market after china. its pure marketing logic.

5. G_Deepak_Patil_dSez Cupcake Apr 15, 2019

6. AndreiRadu Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 15, 2019

AndreiRadu, Apr 15, 2019 :
    Is my banking app safe with my phone diedro?

cmitchellshaw likes this.
  7. cmitchellshaw Jelly Bean Apr 15, 2019

cmitchellshaw, Apr 15, 2019 :
    I am from the future and I have a message for you all. Here is what happens immediately after the Pie update is released:

Stage one begins the day of the release. It brings innumerable threads and posts asking, "Why don't I have the update yet?" Helpful forum members answer that it is being rolled out incrementally and hasn't reached some countries yet. The solution is to use a VPN set to Germany or Canada. The overwhelming response is either, "Can you tell me how to do that?" or, "That's stupid. I shouldn't have to do that to get an OTA on a phone I paid this much for."

Stage two begins as soon as more people install the update. It brings even more threads and posts of, "Battery backup (whatever the heck that is supposed to mean) is terrible since Pie update" and "phone overheating since Pie update." Again, members who try to help by telling people to either wipe cache or do a backup and full wipe are met with either requests for step-by-step instructions or complaints that a wipe shouldn't be necessary.

Stage three begins only weeks after stage two (and while stage two is still in full swing) with new threads and posts demanding an ETA for the Q update. The few users who even try to answer that (1) there is no ETA, or (2) that it is unreasonable to expect a Q update on a phone this old are immediately called "fan boys" for not joining the mass frenzy of anger at OP.

Stage four is when all competent users either abandon the forum or pledge to stop answering stupid questions.

In the end, there is no one to help users who simply don't get it. Those users all buy iPhone and begin whining on Apple forums.

The rest of us enjoy the relative peace and quiet and help each other solve real problems.

dasche, Auristic, Blue-agila and 13 others like this.
  8. cmitchellshaw Jelly Bean Apr 15, 2019

This. Just this.

I've been running LOS pie with MicroG (because I hate Google and their surveillance) for weeks now. It's really great.

Auristic likes this.
  9. cmitchellshaw Jelly Bean Apr 15, 2019

The truth is exactly the opposite. If it's rolled out to the biggest market first and there are problems, that would be I nightmare.

10. cmitchellshaw Jelly Bean Apr 15, 2019

1. There is no such animal as "battery backup."
    2. You only need to worry about safety net if you root your phone. Most custom ROM are not rooted out of the box.

Auristic and Android450 like this.
  11. SYED_IBRAHIM Donut Apr 15, 2019

SYED_IBRAHIM, Apr 15, 2019 :
    EMUI 9.0 AND ANDROID 9 PIE FOR EVERYONE, MANY NEW HUAWEI DEVICES RECEIVE THE UPDATE

Huawei continues to talk about itself and its updates for the various devices, even under the Honor brand. Yesterday the distribution of the beta version of Android 9 Pie has begun with EMUI 9 for the Huawei P20 Lite in several countries.

Today we talk about six smartphones, three with the Huawei brand and three with the Honor brand, which received the final update to EMUI 9.0 and, consequently, to Android 9 Pie. For all three Honor smartphones and two of the three Huawei smartphones, the update is already being released, while for the third Huawei smartphone the update will be released between 17 and 19 April, here is the complete list:

Honor Play 7X ;

Honor 9 Youth Edition ;

Honor 9i ;

Huawei Enjoy 7S ;

Huawei Enjoy 8 Plus;

Huawei Enjoy 9 Plus (17 – 19 April).

To search for the update, just go to “Settings -> System -> System update” and, in case of a positive outcome, download the new version of the EMUI.

A few days ago, Huawei has officially announced that EMUI 9.0 will be received on 32 new models. The number of upgraded devices has exceeded 40 million, and it is expected that the coverage of old users will reach 190 million.

G_Dmitry_Glushko_CVji likes this.
  12. G_Srikanth_Rajana_rhFI Cupcake Apr 15, 2019

13. RogerOriginals Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 15, 2019

RogerOriginals, Apr 15, 2019 :
    1."Battery backup" is a general, informal term for "How frickin long your phone battery lasts on a single charge cycle" so stop quoting the obvious.
    2. Safetynet is often tripped when the bootloader is unlocked, which I suppose you know is an absolute requirement for install a custom ROM irrespective of root.

14. Neddard KitKat Apr 15, 2019

Neddard, Apr 15, 2019 :
    No one here can tell you, and OP does not publish ETAs. Repeatedly asking won't make any difference.

15. RogerOriginals Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 15, 2019

RogerOriginals, Apr 15, 2019 :
    I think you meant to post this in some Huawei forum but accidentally copied it here.......

16. ghostofcain Lollipop Apr 15, 2019

ghostofcain, Apr 15, 2019 :
    Your in the wrong thread this is about P updates, not security patch.

What release your potentially buggy OS to your largest number of customers?

Thanks for the info, but this is a OnePlus forum.

The fact a minority of users insist on using this nonsense term doesn't mean we shouldn't correct them.

17. SYED_IBRAHIM Donut Apr 15, 2019

SYED_IBRAHIM, Apr 15, 2019 :
    No.... purposefully I posted...

They are updating even with tentative dates of arrival of update...

OnePlus has to learn from them.

More over they created curiosity among OnePlus users about android 9.

If july comes its going to ba a year from the date of announcement.

atleast they could not have announced regarding that update and could have released when its ready.

Heard that OnePlus is fast and frequent in giving updates and i have personally experienced also

i hope now it has lost it.

18. ghostofcain Lollipop Apr 15, 2019

ghostofcain, Apr 15, 2019 :
    Which they have, do you need it repeating? If they repeat such I suspect they'll get lambasting for posting nothing new.

Why do you hope that?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019

Auristic and Bobbie63 like this.
  19. Topper_Gas Jelly Bean Apr 15, 2019

Topper_Gas, Apr 15, 2019 :

They've already given us two updates, "Pie's being baked" and the alleged CTS issue, why can't they give us another one, with a rough timescale, there's no law against?

Surely giving a further update is better than the endless posts on this thread alone? Will it will really destroy OP if they posted one paragraph on here saying something like " The CB is going well there's a few minor issues we need to overcome before Pie is released as an OB/Stable build, hopefully, that within the next ?? weeks

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019

gazz1701 likes this.
  20. ssagheer Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 15, 2019

ssagheer, Apr 15, 2019 :
    The future looks bright :rolleyes:.
    Btw, thank you so much for not spoiling "Avengers: Endgame", man from the future.