Android P is coming to the OnePlus 3 and 3T

1. cmitchellshaw Jelly Bean Apr 15, 2019

cmitchellshaw, Apr 15, 2019 :
    The Cross always precedes the Empty Tomb. We have to suffer before we can enjoy the glory of Stage Four...

2. Blue-agila Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 15, 2019

Blue-agila, Apr 15, 2019 :
    R
    Really

Auristic likes this.
  3. cmitchellshaw Jelly Bean Apr 15, 2019

To be fair, I'm basing that in my experience from a couple years ago. It may have changed since then. I have stayed rooted since then, so I don't worry about my bootloader being locked or unlocked.

Frankly, Magisk makes the process really simple to get past any problems.

4. cmitchellshaw Jelly Bean Apr 15, 2019

Bye. But soon enough, you'll find something to complain about with that phone, too.

ssagheer, Auristic and ghostofcain like this.
  5. Saurav Pillai Honeycomb Apr 15, 2019

Saurav Pillai, Apr 15, 2019 :
    wouldn't have worked. Users would have complained where is 8.1 ( like they were before announcement of pie) and then they had to revel the pie plan. so we would have landed at the same place.

cmitchellshaw likes this.
  6. Cosmos_NT Jelly Bean Apr 15, 2019

Cosmos_NT, Apr 15, 2019 :
    Ahh at least they should have some self respect you know (the devs) even RCB has won "a" match for god sake. Don't you think Arya will kill Mountain ? or Captain Marvel was worthless to watch except how Nick lost his very eye !?

Politely asking@Manu J. how's the Josh ? behind the "Not so Solid - Leaked closed Alpha yet Open Beta Pie ?'

7. RogerOriginals Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 15, 2019

RogerOriginals, Apr 15, 2019 :
    From what I've gathered, many newer devices like 3/T (usually released after 2016) have a way of reporting their bootloader unlocked which trips the safety net even if you're not rooted. Magisk does work at times, but it's more akin to a lottery than an actual solution. Relocking bootloader without flashing the stock recovery often leads to a boot loop. These all things are stopping me from trying out a custom ROM, specifically Skydragon, which I've been eyeing since long. Maybe someday I'll, mostly for a better battery life and security updates, after OP stops their support.

cmitchellshaw likes this.
  8. Topper_Gas Jelly Bean Apr 15, 2019

Topper_Gas, Apr 15, 2019 :
    You do realise this is a thread about Pie and not a personal chat room for you to discuss ROM's/bootloaders with another poster, something most of us have zero interest in?

ghostofcain likes this.
  9. RogerOriginals Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 15, 2019

RogerOriginals, Apr 15, 2019 :
    Well, this talk stemmed from a discussion about Pie on OP3/T. Maybe now tag every other post that is probably off-topic and notify them too?

nope1nope likes this.
  10. Bobbie63 Lollipop Apr 15, 2019

Bobbie63, Apr 15, 2019 :
    Tbh, I'm not into cricket, never saw a single episode of Got and Marvel stuff is way beyond my imagination.

Sorry.

Auristic likes this.
  11. F_Prashant_Karmacharya_U Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 15, 2019

F_Prashant_Karmacharya_U, Apr 15, 2019 :
    okay that is about 15 days gap..
    h2os for 3/t released in 5th of march today is 15th so may be 5 days later we are getting isnt it (according to you)??

OPO OOS lover likes this.
  12. cmitchellshaw Jelly Bean Apr 15, 2019

I understand that. Again, from my experience, Magisk hide has never failed. I am able to use my banking app, track my other credit card accounts, etc., with no problems at all. Before I started using Magisk, I had my OP3 rooted with SuperUser, and only after flashing Oreo did I have any issues.

RogerOriginals likes this.
  13. cmitchellshaw Jelly Bean Apr 15, 2019

My bad. I'll get back on track...

WHEN PIE IS COMING? I NEED PIE NOW! OP ARE LIARS... THEY PROMISED AND DIDN'T DELIVER. I AM BUYING SAMSUNG IPHONE 12 NEXT. SO MAD!

[Better?] ;)

14. cmitchellshaw Jelly Bean Apr 15, 2019

try a quick Internet search. You'll find plenty of step-by-step guides for flashing LOS and rooting your phone. Just make sure you know what you're doing. Or... wait for OOS Pie.

15. abhi2411 Gingerbread Apr 15, 2019

abhi2411, Apr 15, 2019 :
    1+7 is launching on 14 may , so there is a high possibility that they roll out the update 1 week before the launch so that they can boast about supporting old devices.

16. AndyGatto Eclair Apr 15, 2019

17. sketrick Eclair Apr 15, 2019

sketrick, Apr 15, 2019 :
    [​IMG]
    OnePlus is clearly slowing down the phone with each os update. But it's still closed beta and I can't say for sure will have to run the test again myself when I get public Pie OTA.
    Source:

18. fraenker Marshmallow Apr 15, 2019

19. Android450 Lollipop Apr 15, 2019

Android450, Apr 15, 2019 :
    It surely can't be age, no not at all

20. sketrick Eclair Apr 15, 2019

sketrick, Apr 15, 2019 :
    What has age to do with the same phone testing the same app at the same day with different Android versions?

Shooper and AndreiRadu like this.