Android P is coming to the OnePlus 3 and 3T

1. G_Hiren_Trivedi_JfFZ
    Gingerbread May 19, 2019

G_Hiren_Trivedi_JfFZ , May 19, 2019 :
    agreed, but which company don't give update as per their commitment. original commitment was to release android 8.1 which they themselves cancelled and announced that OnePlus 3 and 3t will get android 9 and they passed almost a year without an update as per commitment. so technically if they will release android 9 stable release to OnePlus 3 and 3T it's not to 2and half years old device but 1and half year old device and many companies give update to atleast 2 years old device.

2. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2019

keithgpowell , May 19, 2019 :
    Zeus, JC, FCS, FFS, GABM, etc¡(pick your preferred god/prophet/profanity)!

These arguments about versions and "promises" - broken or not - are still going on for months/years. You also forgot about security updates.

It's boring and doesn't really matter to me. No doubt the pedants and moralists will still be arguing even after OP deliver stable π and then some bug fixes as well as security updates. Keep on arguing and you'll probably miss they've been delivered. You'd still be arguing even if OP dropped π and issued Q!

My 3 came with Android 7. OP issued 8. Did I need it - no. They promised 8.1. Did I need it - no. They are issuing 9. Do I need it - no. Did I even want them - no. I wasn't even concerned about security updates.

I didn't even want them on time or not. 7 was okay, it wasn't broke and didn't need fixing, but many of you were hooked on wanting by Google - not needing - newer versions. But OP could never produce them soon enough for you pedants and moralists. So you got your knickers all twisted.

So forget it. Let's discuss real interesting engineering technicalities - please.

keyblade likes this.
  3. Umairq
    Cupcake May 19, 2019

Umairq , May 19, 2019 :
    will wait for the stable version don't wanna play with software. backups, reset backups, again go to stable. its ok to wait for stable.

4. keyblade
    Eclair May 19, 2019

keyblade , May 19, 2019 :
    7.0 was perfect. 8 was unnecessary, I don't see any significant improvements and it's actually regressed in some areas

we've reached the point where Android updates are just incremental. gone are the days when the jump from Kit Kat to Lollipop were monumental. it just isn't something to covet anymore. I doubt even Q would entice me at this point. Android has come a long way, if anything we should be clamouring for security updates as those actually matter

keithgpowell likes this.
  5. himanshusaxena0001
    Gingerbread May 20, 2019

himanshusaxena0001 , May 20, 2019 :
    iphones update 4 year old models and in android, google update there pixel line ups for atleast 2 years and there updates are also instantaneous

G_Hiren_Trivedi_JfFZ likes this.
  6. Spelt
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 20, 2019

7. V1552672797649
    Donut May 20, 2019

V1552672797649 , May 20, 2019 :
    and this pubg mobile or other heavy applications keep lagging relentlessly. android pie beta is shit

8. G_Dmitry_Glushko_CVji
    Gingerbread May 20, 2019

malidan, G_plusone and TheSpoken like this.
  9. G_plusone
    Marshmallow May 20, 2019

G_plusone , May 20, 2019 :
    My 3 came with 6 :p
    Indeed :rolleyes:

10. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow May 20, 2019

ghostofcain , May 20, 2019 :
    And?

It's fine to wait, it's the need to let people know you're waiting that gets my goat.

Choose one of them then, enjoy.

FTFY.

I think you might find running PUBG, or other heavy apps on three year old chipsets might be the issue here. And at least one of the apps you're running is a poorly optimised POS.

Why would they repeat the November security patch? #pointlesshashtag, not just pointless you do realise that's a antifa tag usually used to denote things like the Holocaust and genocide not normally such important things as delayed security updates

11. V1552672797649
    Donut May 20, 2019

V1552672797649 , May 20, 2019 :
    i have cleared all the useless apps. i just use twitter and instagram. and the background processing limit is also been set to 1. no storage issues, still PUBG is lagging on lowest graphics settings!!

malidan likes this.
  12. Clemente Signorello
    Cupcake May 20, 2019

Clemente Signorello , May 20, 2019 :
    Does anyone know if the Google - Huawei "problem" will affect ONE PLUS??

13. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow May 20, 2019

ghostofcain , May 20, 2019 :
    Why would it? OnePlus ain't Huawei.

keithgpowell likes this.
  14. shashank.javalagi
    Gingerbread May 20, 2019

15. keithgpowell

keithgpowell , May 20, 2019 :
    Thanks for correction. 6 it was, and it was ok for me. It did the job.

G_plusone likes this.
  16. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow May 20, 2019

17. shashank.javalagi
    Gingerbread May 20, 2019

18. G_plusone
    Marshmallow May 20, 2019

G_plusone , May 20, 2019 :
    No problem.
    It still does for me too :)

keithgpowell likes this.
  19. keithgpowell

keithgpowell , May 20, 2019 :
    The app "CPU X" has a useful detailed evolution of Android under Menu - Articles - Essential - History of Android Versions.

It has also an Article on π Features.

The "clamouring for security updates" has died down in this thread since the π betas were issued.

I'm still not convinced how essential they have been. There appears to be no data on compromised devices, especially when there are huge numbers of elderly devices in use without security updates.

20. Chro
    Froyo May 20, 2019

Chro , May 20, 2019 :
    when? wann? when? wann? ach so, gar nicht. Danke

#oneplus7
    #oneplus7pro
    #oneplus7exclusive
    #oneplus7