Android Pay

1. Christian_yn Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 12, 2015

Christian_yn, Aug 12, 2015 :
    Well said... In the next few years. So by then, the OPT will probably be in our memories only

george_9 likes this.
  2. teckboy30 Gingerbread Aug 12, 2015

teckboy30, Aug 12, 2015 :
    That would take ages to connect to a machine. You could of just written a check haha

3. ppod Jelly Bean Aug 12, 2015

ppod, Aug 12, 2015 :
    Yet another one who doesn't understand NFC *sigh*

4. kilburnjh Gingerbread Aug 12, 2015

sXe likes this.
  5. sparkie Honeycomb Aug 12, 2015

sparkie, Aug 12, 2015 :
    Nah.....I've only been using it for 6 years. Payments, printers, access and even when installed NFC readers in to a library!

6. kilburnjh Gingerbread Aug 12, 2015

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015

7. ppod Jelly Bean Aug 12, 2015

ppod, Aug 12, 2015 :
    In that case you should know that NFC payments don't require you to open any app.

8. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 12, 2015

Dunnow, Aug 12, 2015 :
    To begin with, the quote you gave me, is about Google Wallet CARD, not the service itself. And yeah, Wallet is like paypal, where you link a card and you use it to pay yet you get way much more information about it. Just as you are getting with apple pay.

We are talking ANDROID PAY getting the functionality they gave using Wallet and making wallet just a way to transfer money through accounts just as paypal when you do not buy through it.

[​IMG]
    HERE, LOOK AT IT. Do you see how much more information are you getting by using NFC payment methods? You see the WHOLE ticket. While in your card you can only see the FINAL charge.

And what's the point on your last comment about NFC in apple just being used to pay? What has to do here at all? In Android NFC can be used for way much more... it's just apple restricting NFC access to their own service... Again, WHY even the comment?

mykel_shoemaker likes this.
  9. sparkie Honeycomb Aug 12, 2015

sparkie, Aug 12, 2015 :
    In a way it does. Even when the phone detects the NFC terminal you have to select the payment method (In my experience I have.). But to argue the point that using a card is bit longer is slightly invalid. I have a clamshell card holder that takes me all of 10 seconds to make a payment. Maybe the people in front of you are a bit slow.

10. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 12, 2015

Dunnow, Aug 12, 2015 :
    unlocking it's done by the finger itself and NFC already launches what's needed automatically.

11. opo_tunity Jelly Bean Aug 12, 2015

kilburnjh likes this.
  12. sparkie Honeycomb Aug 12, 2015

sparkie, Aug 12, 2015 :
    Erm..... its not ......look again at that screen shot. It is using Apple pay with an app. A built in payment. The same way I would use PayPal to buy something.

You said that you don't even need NFC.....you do to use tap to pay.

13. coolidiot Froyo Aug 12, 2015

coolidiot, Aug 12, 2015 :
    With Google pay, android users can do away with wallets :). No NFC = Bulkier back pockets :p

14. ppod Jelly Bean Aug 12, 2015

ppod, Aug 12, 2015 :
    Damn that must make your pocket bulge, those clam shells can be huge.

clam.jpg

sparkie likes this.
  15. ppod Jelly Bean Aug 12, 2015

ppod, Aug 12, 2015 :
    You still need your wallet, im not sure the local hooker house takes tap to pay..

sparkie and coolidiot like this.
  16. sparkie Honeycomb Aug 12, 2015

sparkie, Aug 12, 2015 :
    Haha! It does slightly! But it does protect from NFC/RFID readers. A trend I think will grow rapidly soon.

17. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 12, 2015

Dunnow, Aug 12, 2015 :
    EXACTLY FFS what don't you understand? That information IS THERE. It's all I've been saying. HOW you pay it (through in app or NFC enabled device) does not change THE INFORMATION it has! WOW!

18. sparkie Honeycomb Aug 12, 2015

sparkie, Aug 12, 2015 :
    What the hell does it have to do with NFC? The initial debate was to with NFC. NFC will not take a receipt with it. You're not very good at proving your point.

Also relax, its a debate, no need to think you need to get one over someone.....

19. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 12, 2015

Dunnow, Aug 12, 2015 :
    Dude my point was that using NFC payments provided me the full information of my purchase. While a credit/debit card does not.

That with Android Pay I can see listed each item of one purchase. While my banking app does not allow me to see such information. You not understanding what I've been talking about does not change at all my points. You get a digital ticket on your account with what u've paid and where.

And it has to do with NFC that that payment was done via NFC using Android Pay or Apple Pay... THAT has to do with NFC ^^'

Edit: I will even say more.

"You don’t even need to open an app. Tap and pay is that fast, that easy.

And when you tap at select merchants, your loyalty points and offers are automatically applied at checkout too."

"Keep track of your purchases
    As soon as you make a purchase, you’ll see a payment confirmation that shows you exactly where a given transaction happened, along with the merchant’s name and number. So it’s easy to catch any suspicious activity."

Directly extracted from the Android Pay website...

leemartin likes this.
  20. opo_tunity Jelly Bean Aug 12, 2015

opo_tunity, Aug 12, 2015 :
    So you are essentially using an NFC tag which is coincidentally stuck to your phone? Nothing really to do with Android Pay.